Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

What files do I have to upload if I win a contest: vector or html?

html contest

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 webdev01

webdev01

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:59 PM

Hey there!

I'm a newebie on DesignContest. I entered a contest and now it's on expired stage. I had to design an online store.

I read in the knowledgebase that if you win you have to upload source files and they should be only in vector image type and made in Adobe Illustrator. But I designed the page in HTML and just made screenshots. And now I'm confused, should I upload html source files if I win or just a vector image of my website? Or is this rule only for logos but now for websites?

Thanks in the future

Attached File  Screenshot from 2015-12-06 13-57-07.png   248.93KB   1 downloads

• lalelemu likes this

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

HI there

All website design contests are for  the design only. If you win your uploaded source files should include the psd graphics ready for slicing and coding. If the client needs coding they can hire you in a 1on1 project so you are paid for the coding part

thank you

• lalelemu likes this

Like us on facebook

#3 webdev01

webdev01

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for your answer!

P.S. I really enjoy DesignContest  :)

• lalelemu likes this

#4 01001000_hh

01001000_hh

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

HI there

All website design contests are for  the design only. If you win your uploaded source files should include the psd graphics ready for slicing and coding. If the client needs coding they can hire you in a 1on1 project so you are paid for the coding part

thank you

Is there a way that DesignContest tells website design contest holders that they will only get the PSD/AI files and not the actual upload-ready files from designers? Because I certainly wouldn't want a contest holder who likes my design (in the near future, maybe...hopefully...) and expects it to have already been coded.

• lalelemu likes this

#5 weiesnbach

weiesnbach

• Designer
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

I've been wondering about this as well.  I've done plenty of websites in the past, and always designed directly in the browser using a text editor. I've actually avoided the web design  contests because of this confusion.What exactly would PSD file look like(organization, layers, etc.), to  be ready  for a webpage?

I would think  that  designing a website in PS would be counter-intuitive in this day and age, especially when  a fixed size site goes completely against the grain of responsive design. 

• lalelemu likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: html, contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users