Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

offline promotion

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:19 AM

I would be very much grateful if you could help to promote DC in your local areas and even broader if you have such an opportunity - offline. As you have noticed contests is what keeps DC community running. The more contests there are, the more lively the community is, and the more work there is to do for us, designers. I understand that some may say "why should we outsource the project to DC when we can win it for ourselves". The matter is that not always your posrtfolio or other factors allow you to win some particular project and when the client knows that there will be not only one but many designers work for his business, he will have a better chance to order that design whether it is a logo or a flash animation.

What I would very much appreciate if you could do:
1. contact local businesses to inquire if they might have any need in creative design. Not necesserily right now, but let them keep us in mind for the future!
2. contact local design companies. They might have some extra job ocasionally and instead of hiring another designer full time they could just outsource these projects to DC
3. contact publishing agencies and newspapers' and magazines' editorials. They might need some illustrations, books covers or other design work done for them once in a while. I believe DC could help here as well.

Please, let me know how your quest for offline DC promotion goes and share the good news about your achievements with others. We do want to give credits to our best community members and some prizes as well!

It shouldn't take that much time. Just a phone call or a note posted somwhere interested people might see it could have a great result! We might come up with some printed matherial if it is needed. Let us know.

#2 shuv

shuv

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:36 AM

how about tagging up my town lol? illegal :( would be cool though
Will work for food.

#3 itsjunaid

itsjunaid

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:27 AM

Hi everyone:D
Well my suggestion is that why dont we put DC banner on most frequently accessed sites Like Yahoo,Hotmail, MSN, 3Dtotal etc or on some search engines!...this will help a lot...in case of making the promos......all the members sholud work free of cost and credit...as i think this is our forum......so we should make it work!
hope u think over it
junaid
iT neVer beGan fOr uS iT WiLL neVer eNd FoR Us.

#4 JakSmit

JakSmit

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:24 PM

you know how much it costs to put an add on msn.com ?
It is thousands.

The way I found this site was via the news section of flashkit.com try and get on some free sites like that.
-- --- - -- ---- - -- ---- -- ---- --- - -- ---
My site: Freelance webdesign

#5 daze

daze

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:38 PM

gd idea.. i think gaming sites and a large community which would help get more members here at dc.net
Posted Image
www.di-hq.tk

• Guests

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:48 PM

JakSmit, That's true, no larger website will give away free advertising!

#7 itsjunaid

itsjunaid

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:08 PM

hi everyone
so lets post some info on board.....like bolt .com etc.
that dont cost money
junaid
iT neVer beGan fOr uS iT WiLL neVer eNd FoR Us.

• Guests

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:23 PM

yes. this helps a lot too!

#9 davidude

davidude

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:43 AM

I'm all for the tagging... but that might have a negative effect so I will do my best to spread the word in other ways - bathroom stalls, etc :)
Sanctum Studios :: Graphic Design Solutions

• Guests

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:31 AM

could be a good idea if it was a bathroom in the Graphic Arts/Design department of some University :)

#11 shuv

shuv

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:39 AM

mabye it would be a good idea to start a "how'd you find us, eh?" thread within this forum, to have ppl post how they found DC.net, the information will show what is working currnetly and what needs working on.

lol i'll tag up the toilet at work good idea ;)
Will work for food.

#12 SHANE-D-PAIN

SHANE-D-PAIN

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:22 PM

in my city fliers are handed out all the time, left in libraries and everything, maybe that would work, its free and is a great way to promote!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users