• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

For few days i've seen allot of spam in this part of the forum. And its getting very annoying. I see new post blink up look at the titel some i can see already its a spam some just plain donno. Can't you stop the spamming? On some other forums i never see spam.

#2 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

Its something that the moderators/administrators are aware of, and working on.....I agree, really annoying....but difficult to control the spam getting in (I delete at least 5 a day, I'm sure the other mods do as well, this visit, deleted 3, )
spammers are also banned.

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

Isnt there a IP ban cause some spam looks almost the same. They probably get new email and register each time when they get banned. If its IP they be stopped faster. And also give up faster.

#4 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

The problem with IP bans is some of the servers have the same IP (I am not sure, but AOL all used to have the same IP number about 10 years ago)...We would have to check into this before we did it.
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

• Guests

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

all the moderators are working really hard removing spam and banning spammers.

Things should get better when we update our forum script to the latest version. I've heard it has some efficient tools to fight spam.

#6 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

ok glad to hear that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users