• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 NextExile

NextExile

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:52 AM

I've registered here just today, saw a contest, made an entry aaaaannnd I cant submit. By now I know why that is so, I have read the info and how to become a member of the design team.

There is 1 week and 2 days till the end of the contest ( by nevadabadgirl ) which means i have a good chance of making it in time, with registration yet I was wondering if it could be possible for me to place my entry a little earlier. I believe I have a good chance of making it on the team and it would be a big disappointment to see my work go to waste. I am planning on following all requirements and being an active member on the boards yet I was hoping that you could forgive such an honest mistake and help me out.

If needed, my DeviantArt gallery for your review: http://nextexile.dev...rt.com/gallery/
Quality never goes out of style.

#2 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

Hi,

You like many others have to follow protocol.
You must have all the requisits needed to become a DTM. Then you apply: http://www.designcon...ent/view/14/28/
After that, your appliance is evaluated and you'll be notified by the admin in charge for the DTM Membership.
It takes a few days... and remember you're not the only one who wants to be in the team, so... patience. :) Keep contrubuting to the forums, you're very welcomed.
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

#3 NextExile

NextExile

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:47 PM

Sigh, aight.
Quality never goes out of style.

#4 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:15 AM

This question seems to come up often.

I hate to sound cynical, but I'm not sure why anyone would think that we would break the rules of the site because of a mistake made by someone else. If anything, the mistake should be caught, nipped at the bud, and learned from, not furthered by more actions from us (thereby promoting similar actions in the future).

I mean, if we had some penalty for creating entries before being a DTM and we were asked to waive the punishment due to an honest mistake, then I would understand, but to ask us to actually let the mistake propagate and gain momentum...it would just be silly.

Now that it's been asked publicly, please let it be known that the answer to such questions will always be "no".

#5 Ponto d. vista

Ponto d. vista

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:35 AM

Redrum, You´re tottaly correct. I made the same error. If I saw the conditions before, I may not decide to sign up. My excuses if the english is not correct, but I´m from Portugal.. =) see ya.

#6 LightBrush

LightBrush

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:08 AM

I was quite discouraged at this requirement too. It somehow seems difficult to make 10 post before I can actually apply for a team member, as I don't find many forums where I can post.
But these are the rules, i think its fair to follow.

#7 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:00 AM

The 10 post rule is to see if you are an active member and talk allot and make this forum more alive. If you really want to join this forum you should be patient. And you need to be active not only with trying to get 10 post as fast a you can, because you need to be active for a week and give a good impression to the other members because they need to vote if you been active in of.

#8 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

And dont mind the posting part, ove opnly been here for about 2 weeks, and ive become quite active, and i have over 50 post now, its not hard, you just need to read alot of the threads and put reasonable input on it.

You shouldnt be discouraged, you should think of it as a challenge, a goal for you. I read the F.A.Q before join to make sure i could comply to all of the requirements. Just be patient. You'll get there, and while i believe that designcontest is one of the better contest websites, there are other contest sites out there online. So if your not patient then google is your friend.

Good luck getting on the design team though, Im also looking to get there, maybe well work side by side one day.
Part of Design Team Since January 21, 2008 :cool:

#9 Ponto d. vista

Ponto d. vista

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

This Seems To Be Called By Several Places On The Web, As The Cheap Design.. Stay Cool People, Im Out

#10 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

This Seems To Be Called By Several Places On The Web, As The Cheap Design.. Stay Cool People, Im Out

care to elaborate?
I don't think this kind of comment will count towards your 10 post;)

#11 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:17 PM

care to elaborate?
I don't think this kind of comment will count towards your 10 post;)

I dont think hes coming back, ahah
All well more chance for others to get in :]:rolleyes:
Part of Design Team Since January 21, 2008 :cool:

#12 Ponto d. vista

Ponto d. vista

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:34 AM

thanx for yur opinion. nice to see all of you.. bye

#13 hackdesign

hackdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:51 AM

these forums are entertaining

i also made the mistake of seeing a contest
then started to design without reading about anything
i can't help that sometime
i am just full of ideas

i see people get so bent out of shape
don't people understand that if they get all crazy
no one will want to work with them
it is just like the real world so to speak
nobody wants a punk working next to them, haha

the rules and process are there for a reason
if they let anyone enter it would be out of control
the most important thing is being reliable
good design is also important, but isn't hard to find these days
but in order to get jobs and return clients
they need people they can count on
and their rules are a way to decide that

that 10 post thing was hard at first cause all the restrictions
but be patient and you will find a way

#14 jpa

jpa

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

"i also made the mistake of seeing a contest
then started to design without reading about anything"

Like me :)
But, anyway, the site is very useful and it's a good idea to wait some time until you can apply.

#15 S.Opada

S.Opada

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:48 AM

I registered the other day to a different artsy forum and found that there were no requirements; however, the contests were underpaid and barely worth my time and energy. Although there is a "waiting period" involved with DC, I'm sure it will be worth the wait since the contests on DC pay much more fairly. I feel more comfortable in a community of industry professionals versus posers. I'm sticking it out...*fingers crossed*!
SHEILA OPADA
Designer
www.sopadamedia.com

#16 jpa

jpa

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:23 AM

Mmm... I'm really here because learning and training, not for money. I'm thinking in the possibility to organize some "technical contests" on this forums (for example, photo-retouching, fictitious company corporate identity creation, etc.). Could be possible? (I'm asking the administrators, off course)

#17 kreativeseven

kreativeseven

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:55 AM

So many newbe in this site do the same error and I am one of this..
I found DC, then I take a look, and the enthusiasm was involved me.
I started immediately to work for a logo. Once finished, I found the "guidelines for creating logos" who said that the logos were to be exclusively in vector format, so I modified the work and already I felt happy.
Then I go in the contest and try to post the files...

:confused: nothing.. :confused:

Having found the regulation, now I understand all condition ! Really more simple as imagined.. :D :cool:

Now I read some complaints by new users like me, and it seems to me absurd that there are many discussions about.
I think that this is a really serious site, where he paid demonstrating its ability to work, and requests related to joining in contest is the least to show who you are and how you are able in design.

Anyway.. I am happy to try to join the group of designer users, and if I had not success will not be a problem.
no pain no gain.

:p I'm sorry for my english but I'm Italian and I'm not sure if what I wrote is correct. I hope you understand me.

#18 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:16 AM

I understood perfectly. Welcome to DC, and have fun in the discussions!
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#19 robyn

robyn

Banned

• Banned
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:17 AM

Me too, got mistaken.... but u know the rules is cool, u learn to give importance to the community, interact with people and comrades.... it's a pain, that for now WE still lining-up for the pie to share, but it's rewarding if you are given a chance to be part of "d-mates" .... this portal requires quality designers, inside and out ..... it's sensible... u have to get through with it... everyone does.
Good Designs = Profit
:cool: my works

#20 robyn

robyn

Banned

• Banned
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:19 AM

Im also looking to get there, maybe well work side by side one day.

Hi.. u are already on a DT, right? :)
Good Designs = Profit
:cool: my works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users