rtg fgy ghn

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 mrlee

mrlee

• Client
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:37 AM

Is there point of asking from CH to blind contest when is 100 or more entry's, and when is 2-3 days left for contest to end?
Now when everyone has seen everyone's entry, and when everyone knows which is highest rated design.

Honestly if you want blind contest ask for it at the beginning not at the end when you saw everything! .

• sharie likes this

#2 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

Designers are not encouraged to ask clients for blind mode. We are trying to remove such comments. 

On the other hand clients can change the mode at any time they want without designers are asking them to do so. 

• sharie and senadneslan_juventus like this

#3 akhtanbed

akhtanbed

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:01 AM

Designers asking CH to blind the following contest in the comment section. I thought Designers are not encouraged to ask clients to blind a contest. Hence, letting you know.

Contest: 
synergy fitness

Link: https://www.designco...tness/comments/

• sharie likes this

#4 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:36 PM

Thank you. Comment is removed and warning is sent to designer. 

• sharie likes this

#5 akhtanbed

akhtanbed

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:39 AM

Designer 'rendy_tri27' asking CH to blind the following contest in the comment section.

Link: https://www.designco...s-com/comments/

Thank you

• sharie likes this

#6 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:51 AM

Comment removed.

Thank you!

• sharie likes this

#7 akhtanbed

akhtanbed

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:35 PM

Designer 'Webdesignmaster' asking CH to blind the following contest in the comment section.

Link: https://www.designco...islab/comments/

Thank you

#8 akhtanbed

akhtanbed

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

:confused:

#9 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

Dear akhtanbed,

as you can see the client just ignored the comment. No harm done. If we hunt all these comments we should also remove the comments like "please check my design and give me your valuable feedback" written for each entry (which we actually do when a limit is crossed). As you can see in the image attached designers can't ask client for feedback or rating either. It's the same rule for blind contest. While I hardly understand the feedback comments, as a website designer, I totally understand the need for a blind contest as long as the designers who ask this are not rude.

Anyway, it's curious your interest in these comments and you will probably understand them better if you'll join more website contests. In this stage, you probably prefer open contests. A website requires days of work and doesn't have to be necessary beautiful but to have a good structure, content flow and a good user experience. That could be easily copied without us being able to do something.

As you can see my opinion is different from other mods, but I believe that's a good thing, nothing would progress otherwise (generally speaking). :o

Attached Files

• Ridder and PrismaCreative like this

#10 akhtanbed

akhtanbed

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

Dear ramsro,

I respect your opinion. And you're quite right. Sometimes I do prefer blind contest but as long as the Contest Holder has a very good brief. if the contest holder is not specific in the brief, or does not give a lot of feedback, then blind contests can be frustrating. There was one occasion where the briefing was very vague and the CH keep eliminating everyone! Basically, no one had the slightest clue what he was looking for and he wasn't leaving much helpful feedback. 

So, Sometimes they're good...Sometimes they're not.

An OPEN contest helps me to see what has already been submitted and what kind of design is rated high enough in a contest And then, I try to come up with something DIFFERENT. But Unfortunately, not everyone is honest and people will rip off others ideas, i know.  There are those (people who want to be designers or are just looking to make a quick buck) hit and run kinds, those who like to see other’s designs & steal their ideas. They do minor modifications and submit designs to the contests claiming they are theirs. In that case we report them in the designers court.

A blind contest for me is like It's like playing basketball sans the scoreboard and the referee won't tell you the score until after the ending.  :o

So, its good and its bad.

Warmly,

akhtanbed

(Please pardon my English, I know its bad. Its not my first language  :D )

#11 lynphanprachit

lynphanprachit

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:33 AM

Yes like the winner of the recent Kremer vetinary service contest it was a complete rip off from another designer that placed in top 10,

#12 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:14 AM

Yes like the winner of the recent Kremer vetinary service contest it was a complete rip off from another designer that placed in top 10,

You did not even participate in that contest, and it is unreasonable and unfair accusation. 

• sharie likes this

#13 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

What other designer name are you using?  

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users