• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ~V~

~V~

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:27 AM

Hey guys, I did this logo in school about two years ago and wanted some feedback on it. The focus of the assignment was more on learning about interacting with the printer, rather then the design. (we only had a day or so to complete it.)

Anyway I'm not too sure if I want to hang on to it - even though I still have hundreds of business cards with it printed on them leftover. And since I'm going to be making a website soon I think nows the time to decide to update or not.

Let me know whatcha think, thanks :)
"Why?"
-------------------------
http://vdesigns.livejournal.com/

#2 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:11 AM

Well a few questions i need to ask before i can answer.

1 - what does it stand for?
2 - Is it just V or M? I thought your VDesigns?
3 - Are you trying to go with a mountain design? Thats what comes to mind to me when i look at it.
Part of Design Team Since January 21, 2008 :cool:

#3 arcticsnpr

arcticsnpr

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

I would say it doesn't seem bold enough to me. Also, it strikes me as 3D, meaning - the left side of the logo seems to appear farther back. Was this intended? As SteveOrM3L said, is it a V or M? I think it could into something great. :)

#4 ~V~

~V~

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:28 PM

Hiya, thanks for the quick feedback. I was interested in knowing people's first impressions before I gave more information.

It's my initals, V.M. This logo is older than vdesigns, I just added that recently.
It was inspired by my signature for my fine art works, drawings and watercolors.
And a chose pink because I am originally from Miami and wanted to show its vibrant nature.
"Why?"

#5 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:05 PM

Mmm ok, that seem legit enough if your using it for paintings and sketches and what not, but if your going to use it for your website logo, im not sure people would know what to think of it, i mean unless your ready to explain to each person the story behind it then go head, i just think that it would be better if it was more readable. I think a few minor adjustments might help it define what it is.

maybe throw a few versions out? and have a voting done for it? Second, and third opinons never hurt.

#6 ~V~

~V~

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:54 AM

I decided to take a different approach to the logo, I'm still sorting through ideas and will probably post some others soon. But feedback on this round is appreciated. :)

Again I'm just gonna wait to see what you all think of them first. ;)
"Why?"

#7 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:14 AM

They all have kinda the same varient, with the swirly V's and all, what if u try a diffrent approach? if i had to choose between them all i would have to pick the top, right-hand corner. Basic but clean...

i just dont feel it with any of the other designs....

#8 ADD

ADD

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:45 AM

Hi VM,

you may try with ur old logo
...but Your logo is too thin..so less visible..you can maintain your striketype style..my suggestion for your VM logo -
keep your current logo in rectangular block or any geometric shape which states your style.....try to divide spacewith your logo & add some colours....may be ...it will work.

ADD

#9 ro-bin

ro-bin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:16 AM

when I saw the logo.. first it started me remind something.. and I checked Verizon web site.. I am not sure how it happens, BUT.. I didn't remember logo of Verizon, and it reminded me the one. Guess, you gonna change it.
The other samples you posted don't have any Special original staff.. just arrangement of standard font letters(I count 3 type of fonts on ONE LOGO). Kick them out. Maybe you could do something using this symbol "~"

#10 ~V~

~V~

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:28 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback/suggestions. Ro-bin, I was waiting for the person to make the verizon reference...it's been brought up ( only once before, and most people don't make the connection) but I reckon thats enough.

Regarding the samples, the script font for most of them isn't really meant to be read, its more a decorative element. And out of all of them I liked the simplier ones the best, however, as you said nothing special.

Anyway, I'll put up some other ideas in a bit. Thanks again for the help everyone!
"Why?"

#11 ro-bin

ro-bin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

cheeers and Good Luck!

#12 arcticsnpr

arcticsnpr

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:58 PM

I like this newer one a lot better! Much more bold, it stands out more. It still could use work though. Work with the alignment of the logo. Looking good so far though ;)

#13 ~V~

~V~

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

I'm much more please with the outcome of this next batch. I'm also sharing a bit more variation of what I've been up to. Let me know what ya think! :D
"Why?"

#14 ro-bin

ro-bin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:43 PM

wooow.. I really like the fourth one (first on row 2).. Now you have V and M :) that's great. How it looks on CMYK ?

4-th one is COOOOOOL! :))) keep going :)

Cheeerz.

Rob.

#15 ~V~

~V~

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:07 AM

Unfortunately I can't print it out right now, and probably won't be able to for awhile. Currently, I'm working on the logo so I will be able to incorporate it into my new portfolio site, instead of using a blog. When I get to the states I'll focus on using it for print as well.
"Why?"

#16 CWood

CWood

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:40 AM

I'm much more please with the outcome of this next batch. I'm also sharing a bit more variation of what I've been up to. Let me know what ya think! :D

I am not the expert but the bottom middle would come closer to me. When I looked at the bottom left, I would not think V M. I do like the design better though in this one. Is the name of your company going to be V M Design? If so, could you put those letters together or touching and yet tell it is V M?

Just an older person's oppinion.

#17 hackdesign

hackdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:50 AM

by itself not powerful enough i think, if words were there maybe.

#18 entz

entz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

agree.. not powerful enough. maybe you can play with VD instead of V. Right now the logos you did has a very "feminine" look. I don't know if that's what you wanted to achieve :) hope that helps.

#19 ~V~

~V~

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for the input guys!

@ entz, I am a girl so if a feminine quality is showing through its OK, I tend to like designs that are a bit softer and elegant in that aspect. As long as its not too much ( like the first set I did with the swirly V's, which where a bit over the top.)

& on the bottom row of logos, the shapes are suppose to make an M shape as well, for my initals VM. Erm, I think I'm staying clear of VD, type it into google and see what comes up.
"Why?"

#20 rasteik

rasteik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

I definately would play with the fourth one as well. It pops the most and has the best design qualities in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users