Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Optimus Tactus Keyboard from ArtLebedev Studio

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:23 PM

Moscow based ArtLebedev Studio has announced a concept of a sensor display keyboard. Optimus Tactus does not have physical keys, which means there are no restrictions on their shape and size.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:19 PM

I wish someone would make double touchscreen laptops that does the same thing and give big size for viewing movie. Seem touch screen computers is coming closer to the normal consumers instead of companies only. The tech becoming cheaper ands better to use.

• Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:33 PM

I think we will see it happen sooner than we think!

#4 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:33 AM

I love their ideas, but unfortunately I don't have a million dollars to buy any of their products :(

• Guests

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

yeah, their Optimus Maximus keyboard is $462. I wonder how much this one will cost...

#6 snugbrimm

snugbrimm

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:49 AM

i don't understand what it does?

#7 Claveler

Claveler

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

I'd rather just get a tablet PC. And it's probably cheaper.

#8 JNT86

JNT86

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

I've heard that its very hard to type on a touch screen keyboard. i dont see those ever taking over regular keyboards for strictly typing. the tactile response is neccesary to ensure accurate typing when you type fast. this could be great as a way to display toolbars and color pickers though. i think that in the not so distance future, touchscreens will come in all shapes and sizes, and you will be able to customize your workspace whichever way you want. right now its too expensive.

#9 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

Touchscreens are not that expensive it have been around for ages on different machinery even a cashier. The technologie isn't that expensive at the moment the software need to be refined and also there need to be software that support it.

Tablet PC have been around for a quite while but have always been very expensive mostly because the software that Mircosoft provided made it expensive. Will change soon though when they arrive with the new windows.

#10 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

In a few years they'll be much cheaper. We just have to wait more companies to offer similar products. Prices are always higher on new products. Remember the LCD monitor prices in the first few years of their retail presence ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users