• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Needforname

Needforname

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:11 AM

I'm new here, so forgive me if I am misinformed. It takes up to 30 days to get denied or approved as an artist...and only one guy takes care of the reviewing. What if there were a page where applicants submitted their work, and have the registered users vote on weither or not the person gets approved. If they were good enough to get approved, they should be good enough to vote. The voting stays open until a certain amount of votes are reached. If those votes are not reached, then by default the approver/denyer guy just makes the decision.

I can see the negative effects of this system too: envious members not voting on someone because they don't want the competition.

Probably a bad idea, but maybe worth discussing alternatives or fixes on my idea. I'm new here and am required to post 10 times before I can be accepted...so I had to come up with something to talk about. This site does seem pretty cool so far. I did see a contest paying $150. That's more than most of the similar sites' contest holders pay.

#2 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:44 AM

Needforname, 30 days isn't the average waiting time, it's more of a precaution against complaints from week-old members. When we first began the one-man review process, my goal was a week (max.) for each reply, and initially it was working out just fine. However, in the last little while I've been completely swamped with work, outside of DC, so the applications began forming huge piles because I wasn't able to attend to them right way. Once I deal with the current pile, I'll do my best to bring the response-time back to about a week or so.

Public voting is unlikely to work for this purpose. If I'm not mistaken, the idea has been discussed several times already.

#3 Needforname

Needforname

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:10 AM

Ok...thanks for the response. I'm new here...still no excuse for not searching for the previously asked similar question. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users