• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 mikeWA

mikeWA

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

Hey pepole... give me please some feedback and critique to this scholarship poster I have made for one contest.....

#2 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

That looks really nice!

I would have probably used PS shapes to create the 3 lines in the middle though, instead of brush strokes (at least I think they're brush strokes). The end result would be sharper and you could control the curves much better.

Only other crit's I have are about the text on the bottom. Specifically: The cAsE seems to be randomly changing, the kerning on "apply for" is kind of loose, and the font style is a bit inconsistent.

#3 entz

entz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:13 AM

Personally, i think there's too much going on in this poster. I don't know where to look 1st. I would have group all the info text together.. i mean place them closer. You need some focus in the poster. And i think the background is a bit dull, maybe it's the colour. Redrum is right about the kerning thing. It's noticeable especially if you are using text in big sizes. Adjust manually and you'll be fine. Hope that helps :)

#4 mikeWA

mikeWA

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:57 AM

Thank you very much guys :-) .... yeah redrum you right I used brush for lines.. It was the easiest way how to do it but it doesnt work well ....this was first concept of poster so I will work on that, try to make focus on info stuff especially in bottom part and fix the fonts...
thanx

mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users