Wordpress Portfolio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#21 amagfx

amagfx

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:46 AM

I'm new to the site too, but I've been reading everything and there are rules and prerequisites b4 you can apply for design team membership... one of the requirements is an online portfolio... others inclde membership of over a week, at least 10 forum posts, etc... read the stickies and what not about the design team they are pretty helpful... if you cant find sumthn keep asking cuz the admin seems very friendly and helpful around here...

#22 amagfx

amagfx

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:48 AM

I thnk you can use some free sites to host your portfolio untill you get your site up and running... a lot of members have links posted for thr portfolios and they seem like they r on free hosting sites...

#23 Neal

Neal

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

my website has a downloadable pdf portfolio, would that be acceptable?

#24 Qwert Man

Qwert Man

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

I have a portfolio and meet all the criteria, yet haven't been accepted yet (I applied over two months ago, I do believe).

#25 amagfx

amagfx

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:34 AM

I think it takes for than A portfolio to get in... they look for members that are involved in the site and forums... and considering you have only 12 posts I'm assuming that they saw only the minimum being attempted for the application and not an actual interest in the site and its forums... I don't know thats just my opinion...

If i were you I would develop more of an interest and contribute to whats going on around here... (just a suggestion)

That really sux if they didnt at least tell you that you were not accepted....

Another curious idea??? y does your (Qwer Man) thing say you joined in May of 2008 if you applied 2 months ago?

#26 amagfx

amagfx

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:36 AM

"more than" not "for than"
and
"Qwert Man" not "Qwer Man"

sorry... lol

#27 asassat2

asassat2

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

so, i am really wanting to join the design team, but how do i know if i have been an active member for 10 days? also, will my portofolio www.as-designs.com be acceptable for my application onto the design team?

thanks!

#28 amagfx

amagfx

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:41 AM

You should know about when you joined and figure what ten days from then would be... and as for the site I could not find any of your work on tha site every link I clicked sent me to ads for design schools so either im dumb or your site is hard to navigate... lol... so I would either fix tha site to be more user friendly or set up a portfolio on deviantart.com or something like that...

oh and I would work on your involvement in the forums b4 you apply considering you only have 4 posts...

#29 asassat2

asassat2

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

oh lol. sorry the link to my portfolio is wrong. it is www.as-designs.org
I feel retarded now. but thanks!

~Adam

#30 asassat2

asassat2

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

i like the website. Maybe a more organized way to look at the photos, but other than that it is great!

THanks!

#31 amagfx

amagfx

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

Sorry i found your real website on your introduce me forum... I apologized there... but yeah thas a nice website good setup... sorry if I came off as an A-hole in my comment earlier in this forum... I tend to be blunt... sorry again...

#32 asassat2

asassat2

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

haha no problem. blunt is good most the time, it gets people to listen to you! thanks though!

#33 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:14 AM

Sorry, I must have missed this thread somehow.

I have a portfolio and meet all the criteria, yet haven't been accepted yet (I applied over two months ago, I do believe).

Qwert Man, the only application I have from you was sent on May 11th. If you sent multiple copies, I may have deleted one of them. Sometimes people update their information in the newer application, so I usually keep only the newest one. Something to keep in mind for everyone I guess.

asassat2, I haven't looked at your portfolio, but any site should be good as long as it displays your work in a well organized and understandable way.

#34 Neal

Neal

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

Still no answer to my question :)

I have a downloadable PDF portfolio on my site, will that be acceptable? Let me know! Thanks!

#35 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:19 AM

Is it paid webhosting or free? We can switch to PM if you like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users