new banner

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 greghofmann

greghofmann

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hey, I'm planning to soon reenvision my website, and start to promote myself more seriously. Here is a piece that started out as a logo, but became more of a banner. I might go in and mess about with the colors a bit to add shading and so forth, but I'm pretty happy with it at this point.

any thoughts or feedback would be excellent, but i must admit that i'm not too keen on changing much of the drawing itself unless there are small things that are peevish.

what about the empty letters? does it not pop enough?

also... i did this all in photoshop with a wacom. u all seem to use primarily illustrator... do you think that illustrator would significantly speed up or improve this type of work if i took the time to learn how to use it? i've never even dabbled...

#2 ambitiongirl

ambitiongirl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

i really like the cartoon a lot! my only suggestion is to put "rickchicago.com" in the same font and color as "art and design..." and place it above "art and design..."

#3 Winter artwork

Winter artwork

• Designer
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

I'm actually more of a Corel Draw guy myself *ducks*...gotta get around to properly learning illustrator

personally I'd move the art & design text to the bottom and place it in the same font as Rick Chicago...looks great otherwise, good luck with the move!

#4 vdubdesign

vdubdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

Wow, I really dig this man. It seems to me the only advantage of the rickchicago.com font is utilizing the eye... but I don't think it is really worth it. I would say let the illustration really make a statement and let the text be a side note. I agree with ambition girl that it would look nice on top. BTW... I love the font for "Art and Design..." -- very fitting.

I use illustrator *Stands tall with chest puffed out* and I think it is very useful when it comes to illustrations being scaled up and down. The learning curve from PS isn't bad, but there are some distinct hurdles you will have to get over when it comes to raster vs vector. Each program has its advantages... it just depends on what your final application will be. What do you plan to do long term with your graphics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users