illustrator tips metallic

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#361 jose_art

jose_art

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:31 AM

This post sums it all for new DC designers.
Thanks guys.
Gotta work on the online portfolio.

#362 ainosakura

ainosakura

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

Thank you so much! :)

#363 kasarmiento

kasarmiento

Banned

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:03 AM

Many Thanks! ... Chung Dha, very kind of you to help others like me to participate in DC site correctly.

Best regards, Kevin

#364 ardisuhardiman

ardisuhardiman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

so if i don't have any paypal account i can't join the contest???(need help)

#365 mrswalt

mrswalt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:54 AM

i just signed up today. thanks for the info. it will be very helpful. :)

Hello new DC designers,

Due to no guide for starters and people unaware about what they can do I made this guide. Hope it will help new designer who likes to join this community.

Most here might already work for companies or work freelance for one, but this community is a great way for student or just beginning designers to learn or improve them self. Here the level of designs in the Designer Team is very high, so companies ask for designs will get good designs. So to be chosen for the Design Team is a big privileged, and it don't happen directly. So you need to prove yourself, for some its easy but for students and beginning designers it could be hard.

Don't think this place is all about winning contest and earn allot of money. Its all about trying to express yourself to make the best design and hopefully it could be actually be used, and the extra a bit of cash earnings for your sweat and tears to design it.

- Just starting

When you just started you can still do allot of stuff in this community. There are different sections where you can do different things:

1. General Information
2. Design Contest
3. Inspiration
4. Instructional Content
5. General Chat
6. DC

1. General Information

Here you can find information about this community and also advice new ideas for this community to improve. Also if there are any question how the forum works you can find it there, if you can't find the answer don't hesitate to ask. Also there is a online magazine, where you can find news about design or this community. You can also send it news to help this magazine to get more info.

2. Design Contest
Particular most people are drawn to this cause they see all the money signs. But for starters you can't submit your design in the contest where it says Design Team Members Only. Those contest you can only watch and get inspired. But don't steal the designs cause that is not appropriate. Here we need to make total new designs that you have never seen before and also try to do the best.

However in this sections we can enter 2 different contest for starters Non-profit/Charity Contest and Community Contest. These contest we can improve and show your skills. However in the Non-profit/Charity Contest you can already earn a little by winning the contest. But if you win 3 times at the Community Contest you can join the Design Team. Also main rules says you may only submit 3 designs per contest threads. Other information about the contest are found there too.

Really Important!!: All logos on DesignContest.net must be created in vector format.
For further information look at the Guidelines For Creating & Delivering Logos thread.

When submitting the designs make them in a reasonable size and upload it to the web. With flickr.com or imageshack. And post the url to the images between .

3. Inspiration
This is a interesting sections where you can do allot of things too. First you can post threads with site, pictures or other thing that give you inspiration. To help others to get inspired. You can also show off the work you did outside of this contest and community, this could also help you get into the Design Team faster.

Work in Progress. Here you can show things your still working on and want some comment about. Not just thing about the contest, but also for other things maybe schoolwork of other designs. Some people always think they are the best and what they make is best, but this is not always true. So first thing we need to learn is to trust others and ask there comment about your work. This way you know what wrong and learn to look from a different view. So this section might be very helpful when you just can't get whats wrong with your design.

4. Instructional Content

Here you can find new about the industry of Design, new programs and information. The important thing of this section is to help you or others to learn the programs or help if the run into a problem. Here you can ask anything if you don't understand how the programs work. And if you know a cool trick is might be handy to post the guide here so other can learn it too.

5.General Chat
Here you can introduce yourself and also give information about you background. Or talk about just anything or ask anything too.

-Joining Design team
To join the Design team and to be able to compete with all the contest you need to look at this page. DesignContest.net Logo and Website Design Contests. Community of designers and web developers. New contests almost every day!

These are the requirement before you can become a member of the Design Team and to send an application.

1. You must have your own online version of a portfolio

2. You should be a registered member of the Contest Forums

3. You must be an active member of the DesignContest.net community for one week and have at least 10 forum posts

4. You must be able to receive Paypal payments

If you feel you meet the above requirements, please fill out the form. All new applications will be reviewed and processed within 30 days.

If there is anything you want to ask don't hesitate just ask.

#366 GuoJin

GuoJin

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

ask the same question: why do I need to post 10 times in forum?

#367 if27

if27

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:43 AM

Thanks fot the information..

#368 firdol

firdol

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

i'm new here so this information very helpful. thanks

#369 vujke14

vujke14

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

Thanks

#370 Gratsigratsi

Gratsigratsi

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

Very Helpful

#371 linkmediasvcs

linkmediasvcs

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

thanks for the info and intro. i was about to join a contest but i read that i need to post 10 times and other requirements. so this is it, my first post!

i'm looking forward to join the constest. thanks!

#372 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

thanks for the info and intro. i was about to join a contest but i read that i need to post 10 times and other requirements. so this is it, my first post!

i'm looking forward to join the constest. thanks!

You dont have to participate in forum with 10 posts anymore. Just need to take a small quiz before entering your first contest.
Dont forget to read the rules first! Knowledgebase - Powered by DesignContest.com
Good luck

#373 kertasisa

kertasisa

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Yo!
I'm totally newbie.
Just want to ask, why I cant submit my design to the contest?
When I click the 'submit a design' button, thy said: You are about to submit a design, please read all the requirements carefully.
Then, when I click the 'submit a design' button in the bottom: Dialog box appear and said 'Please only upload JPG, PNG, or GIF image'

Well, if I have to read all the requirements, then where that requirements?
Can anybody tell me why?

Thanks.

#374 bradjonshon

bradjonshon

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for information about this

#375 Aryan

Aryan

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:32 AM

Could you please help me how can I book mark a contest which I watched but can't work at the same time and want to work on that contest later.

#376 leolandy

leolandy

Contest Holder (P)

• Client
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Hi, im Brazilian Graphic Designer, and my account has "Contest Holder" more i want make contests, with projects. How do I change for designer? Thanks! ;*

#377 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

Hi there,

First thing is you have to take the designers test and pass the test, then you can start earning designer points. You need 1000 designer points to apply for Elite Designer.

First though you need to pass the designer test. Reading through our guidelines will help you Knowledgebase - Powered by DesignContest.com

This should help you

Like us on facebook

#378 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

I've been away for quite some time... just wondering why so many non-vector designs are allowed in open contests? Blatant photoshopping, liberal use of bevel & emboss, drop shadow, outer glow etc, not only is it horrid, its also not allowed, because its not vector. Can anything else be done to weed these designs out? Its unfair to the contest holder, as they are expecting a completely scalable fully vector file, and I'm very surprised at how many designs do not qualify as vector :/

#379 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

If a design is reported we review it. If you see a design you think is not a vector report so we can review it. I have to have proof they are not vector before I can remove the entry, just assuming or thinking is is not vector will not be good enough. When the design is reported I ask for the source files, If it is not vector then then it is removed.

Right now the honeyvile contest has some that look like photos, they are not I have already reviewed them. I am sure some go through. I have removed about 100 entries from the honeyville contest,

I download all winning designs to make sure they are vector as well. Designers are fined if the winning design is not fully vectorized, 25 hr to make the design vector plus they receive 50 infraction points for the design not being vector.

Every winning design is 100% vector

Like us on facebook

#380 4di4rt

4di4rt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

Please provide a guide that is easy for me to follow any contest provided here???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: illustrator tips, metallic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users