Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

How hard is it to become an Elite Designer?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 Euphoria

Euphoria

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

It depends on what contests you'd like to participate in. web, illustrative, print then I'd submit those as well.

You can be approved for one or all. I've only been accepted for the logo contests. therefor I can't participate in web or print designs or what ever other paid contests there are.

Ahh I didn't realise it worked like that! How does that work? Are you asked which one(s) you want to apply for or is it chosen for you?
Please take the time to visit my portfolio and PM me with any feedback!

#22 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:21 PM

Ahh I didn't realise it worked like that! How does that work? Are you asked which one(s) you want to apply for or is it chosen for you?

When you apply your portfolio will be doing your talking.
But it wouldn't hurt to mention what contests you'd like to participate in.

But as an example:
you submit your folio. I look it over (I really don't, just example) and decide that your web design is great but your logo work isn't there yet.

I'll send you an email letting you know you've been accepted for web design contests, but need to work on your logo work.
You then have the opportunity to accept or deny. If you deny stating you'd like to particpate in logo as well. then I think you may have to wait or resubmite your portfolio. I'm not exactly sure on this one since I no longer have my emails to refernce.
I do believe that if you accept you have an opporunity down the road to work on the week areas listed in the email and apply for the area in which you haven't been accepted.

I'm not really concerened with this since I'm still honing in on my logo skills. maybe in a few more months I'll be able to focus more on webdesign and coding.

#23 Euphoria

Euphoria

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

When you apply your portfolio will be doing your talking.
But it wouldn't hurt to mention what contests you'd like to participate in.

But as an example:
you submit your folio. I look it over (I really don't, just example) and decide that your web design is great but your logo work isn't there yet.

I'll send you an email letting you know you've been accepted for web design contests, but need to work on your logo work.
You then have the opportunity to accept or deny. If you deny stating you'd like to particpate in logo as well. then I think you may have to wait or resubmite your portfolio. I'm not exactly sure on this one since I no longer have my emails to refernce.
I do believe that if you accept you have an opporunity down the road to work on the week areas listed in the email and apply for the area in which you haven't been accepted.

I'm not really concerened with this since I'm still honing in on my logo skills. maybe in a few more months I'll be able to focus more on webdesign and coding.

Sounds like a good way of doing things all in all. Thanks for explaining it to me! I reckon that should be included in a sticky somewhere, it's a pretty important piece of info imo.

#24 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

crap now I'm going go have and read all the stickies again, to see if it's there somewhere. LOL

#25 Euphoria

Euphoria

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

Lol I'm pretty sure it's not, at least not in an obvious place. If it is then I missed it anyway :p

#26 gdeetan

gdeetan

• Designer
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:34 AM

You should be both active here in the boards and have a good portfolio IMO. AFAIK there are two stages here, one is the portfolio review and the 2nd stage is the voting, where being active comes in... =)

Good luck.

#27 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:57 AM

Being active in the forums is what makes the community work. We all learn from each and get to know people from all over the world. Entering the community contests as well, right now we have this contest going DesignContest.net | Monster Gal

Also DesignContest.net | Monster Smells Logo i s going.

I look forward to seeing your creative designs

Sharie

Like us on facebook

#28 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:39 AM

don't mind me everyone, I'm just thumbing through posts & soaking in all the detailed information & opinions of others.

However, the topic in general attracted me because eventually I may be applying. don't let the "member since 2007" by my name fool you, as I was just approved to even post on this forum today (2 1/2 years later)............ Ok, Ok, don't stress out, it was simply because I never received the e-mail for authentication back then & finally decided to contact administration about it today. :D

At any rate, reading about the approval process here is intriguing to say the least. Basically your fate seems to lay in the hands of your peers, which is a good thing in a way so that one can get more of a fair assessment.

Even though I have been in the 2D Vector design industry (Logo / Mascot / illustration / Caricature) for 5+ years & general design for 15+, I think I'll wait a little while & get to know some of the members first, mingle a bit, & maybe even provide what I think is helpful information here & there. :)

#29 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

good approach scorpionagency (long ass name LOL). I'd like to encourage people to also participate in the works in progress and finished works area as well. leaving feedback and posting stuff up for critiques.
And as Sharie stated. Participation in the Community contests are a good way to get known as well. Feel free to leave feedback on other designs as well as submitting.
It also helps you get a step closer to becoming an Elite Designer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users