• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#41 theredpea

theredpea

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:12 AM

Custom Boxes and drink carriers to be done in CAD-this will require alot of R&D for some of my ideas but I think will be well worth it.

so it looks like this thread will be getting longer. LOL;)

I recommend trying Google SketchUp. It's free, and am I the only one who thinks Google software is exceptionally easy to use? There are a few designers here who are self-taught in using it. I have only a little experience, but it was very user-friendly and intuitive.

Good luck with it! Let us know how it goes!

#42 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

I recommend trying Google SketchUp. It's free, and am I the only one who thinks Google software is exceptionally easy to use? There are a few designers here who are self-taught in using it. I have only a little experience, but it was very user-friendly and intuitive.

Good luck with it! Let us know how it goes!

I allready have the CAD software to get the work done for the boxes.. I use a program called Rhino 3d. it's not near as expensive as a solid works or similar programs has a ton of options or plug ins if you want to get them. I'll post some up next week.
But I've also used Sketch up took me about 4 hours to get use to alot of the functions and was able to finish a project I needed it for.
thanks..

#43 AlottaDots

AlottaDots

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:47 PM

I almost got Sketch up. How is it?

#44 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

Actually it's pretty fun. I only used it for one project cause it didn't realy work for sending designs to get cut out of alluminum. But for visual needs it does the job.
I'm looking for the project as I type this and wait for photobucket to load.
I'll send you a pm. no need to post other items in this thread.;)

#45 madelikethis

madelikethis

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

This comment is for the basic logo design. My favorite so far is the one on the ice cream label. This could be done in letterpress, which is the acid test.

I love the elephant and the bright orange of the flower, but this arrangement won't be very flexible for multiple applications. If it's not too late I'd like to see a variation like an elephant holding a flower, for example. Just because a client makes a request or suggestion doesn't mean that's all you are limited to doing. If you do another idea well, they will be won over and you will both be happier. Ideally a logo should work in black and white and also be able to be readable at a 1" width/height.

Edited by madelikethis, 27 August 2009 - 07:12 PM.
hadn't read all of the thread before posting

#46 DesignsbyALX

DesignsbyALX

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

Hey y'all!

I would like to give my opinion to! I think this project needs the following; you (Coy) should tell your client, that this is a bad logo... just say "BAD LOGO"... Just keep a smile on your face. These people ask you to design a logo, so you make one, as sound as you think you can make it. Don't let them make you design a bad logo! No offence! "bad logo" =:D
And about your original idea; personally i think the text arround the flower would work better, and you also should center the main elephant-body in the flowerheart. Just let that trunk fall out!

#47 DesignsbyALX

DesignsbyALX

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:33 PM

Here is my sketchup collection, i got carried away with it. I just love it... just LOVE it! Thanks Google, your the best! Blender and Sketchup, aaahhh, it's all i need! I still prefer version 5, even though the upgrades have some pretty nice tricks!

I Scream Hotdog!_byALX by DesignsbyALX - Google 3D Warehouse

#48 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

This comment is for the basic logo design. My favorite so far is the one on the ice cream label. This could be done in letterpress, which is the acid test.

I love the elephant and the bright orange of the flower, but this arrangement won't be very flexible for multiple applications. If it's not too late I'd like to see a variation like an elephant holding a flower, for example. Just because a client makes a request or suggestion doesn't mean that's all you are limited to doing. If you do another idea well, they will be won over and you will both be happier. Ideally a logo should work in black and white and also be able to be readable at a 1" width/height.

Hey y'all!

I would like to give my opinion to! I think this project needs the following; you (Coy) should tell your client, that this is a bad logo... just say "BAD LOGO"... Just keep a smile on your face. These people ask you to design a logo, so you make one, as sound as you think you can make it. Don't let them make you design a bad logo! No offence! "bad logo" =:D
And about your original idea; personally i think the text arround the flower would work better, and you also should center the main elephant-body in the flowerheart. Just let that trunk fall out!

I have to agree. But when someone has an image in their head and THAT is what they want.. then your(my) hands are tied. I submitted a wide array of logo concepts and this is what they wanted. now they are having some problems printing it on certain packages. I've suggested just using the image form the ice cream but it is what it is. and I'll work around it.

Thanks for the feedback.:D =:D baddesign lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users