Do You Design With A Mac Or PC?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#81 Ualz

Ualz

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

Dont know why,PC still preferable for me :)

#82 Sennardo

Sennardo

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

i love mac. software work more or less the same, but PC is not the inspiring working enviroment for me. just my personal feeling, because i love my comp to be beautiful AND reliable.:)

i agree..all the leading designer always use MAC anyway.
why try to be different..
the screen quality is definitely different..
Mac has better screen and color resolution than PC.

#83 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

i agree..all the leading designer always use MAC anyway.
why try to be different..
the screen quality is definitely different..
Mac has better screen and color resolution than PC.

Not quite true especially new Mac have tendency of changing color when you just look at the screen in different angles. While the older ones does not were very good but newer models became less and less.

#84 Sennardo

Sennardo

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Not quite true especially new Mac have tendency of changing color when you just look at the screen in different angles. While the older ones does not were very good but newer models became less and less.

i dont know about new mac, im still using an old macbook pro.
But the thing that i know for sure, the screen quality between PC and Mac is so much different in color.

#85 red_sand

red_sand

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

Always PC

#86 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

There is actually not much difference however as a true designer you need to calibrate your screen to match correct colors even Macs needs calibrations. I had used different Macs and the White iMacs were great but when the Aluminum came that screen was horrible if you stand up orange changed into green. Especially asking options from other who standing look at the screen they see different colors than if you sit right in front of it.

I calibrate with Pantone huey so what I see on my screen is correct. However you could also get color spider but I stick with Pantone.

#87 Sennardo

Sennardo

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

There is actually not much difference however as a true designer you need to calibrate your screen to match correct colors even Macs needs calibrations. I had used different Macs and the White iMacs were great but when the Aluminum came that screen was horrible if you stand up orange changed into green. Especially asking options from other who standing look at the screen they see different colors than if you sit right in front of it.

I calibrate with Pantone huey so what I see on my screen is correct. However you could also get color spider but I stick with Pantone.

yeah..that's true..
i think i need to calibrate my screen, coz i never..
do u think pantone huey is the best for calibrating?
how bout color munki?

#88 sidewinder

sidewinder

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

On my house I use windows on my work I use a mac.. I think using mac is much more suitable for designers.

#89 gunkoo

gunkoo

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

I think mac wins on the sexiness part, but I still prefer PC

#90 whiteangels3

whiteangels3

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

I am using Xp on a PC but i want to change it to Windows 7. Do you think is a good idea?

#91 necoo

necoo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

I make my own PCs and purchase my own software, so Macs really have nothing to offer me. I am actually saving money on the hardware making my own computers.

#92 TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

I swear by designing on a Mac - in my opinion "The Gold Standard". My day job has me working in I.T. so PC's take up a good 9 hour chunk of my life. I first started designing on a PC and only after a friend let me use his Mac on a business trip to quickly design something did I realize how much nicer the experience was with a Mac. The best I can sum it up with is a general lack of "lag" with a Mac. I would go to save a project on a PC and it would Save . . . and Still Save . . . and Still Save. Now I find it's much faster to open and to save and to export on a Mac. Now, true, you can design a PC with the speed and capacity to handle and alleviate the issue of "lag" - but at that point the cost is pretty much the same between a Mac & PC so I'd rather just get the power right out of the box!

#93 Natasa37

Natasa37

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

PC, but planning on buying Mac

#94 redus design

redus design

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

personaly i just bought a mac book pro and i think that its easier with the mac since you can make design without a mouse (pad) whereas on pc for me it was impossible

#95 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

I started designing on a PC in school and was introduced to macs...I've been designing on a mac ever since.

My current mac is actually pretty old but still powers through anything I need from it. I've added/replaced hard drives and added memory - but aside from that - no fixing required. It's really a solidly built machine.

#96 cly

cly

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:48 AM

I design using a Mac, especially since the majority of the labs on my campus are filled with Macs. I own a Macbook Pro and so do most of the students on my campus as well. It makes it easier to have one since a lot of courses I take are team-project-oriented and whenever there's a team member who doesn't use a Mac, it makes it kind of difficult if there are minor discrepancies when transferring files to one another.

#97 contracept

contracept

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:49 PM

MAC cant run Autocad properly so it has no real use to me

#98 slayyou

slayyou

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:17 AM

I learned how to use the design tools on a PC but recently i have had to buy a MAC for school, I'll probably be working from it now

#99 amir

amir

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

Mac 4 ever ... :-))

#100 Aleph

Aleph

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

Always used a Mac