Do You Design With A Mac Or PC?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#121 CDS

CDS

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

definitely the MAC...got my first mac plus in 1986 and produced my first ad two days later without any training or manuals...been on a mac ever since and never looked back...

#122 Dtrickk

Dtrickk

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

on a mac now, after a recent change.
after a few weeks getting used to it, i'll never go back.

#123 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Mac 4 eva.

That's coming from someone who grew up with two parents who worked at IBM. If that says anything.

#124 emin

emin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

both of them

#125 gerakIDoo

gerakIDoo

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

I m familiar with both Mac at a previews job, and Pc at my home. However It doesn't matter what operating system.

#126 pinkhippodesign

pinkhippodesign

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

I prefer working with a PC because that is the brand of computer I grew up learning to use. I keep hearing that Mac's are supposed to somehow be better for designers but I've yet to have someone specifically point out why; having used a Mac during my internship, I didn't really notice a huge difference in design capability.

#127 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

pc because I don't have mac...:)

#128 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

Well I used to use a pc. But I got tired of all the problems with a pc I just hated trying to fix it all the time. So then I went out and bought a 27" iMac and been loving it. I would never go back. To me PC are just a hassle. But that is just my opinion.

#129 itylernallen

itylernallen

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:52 AM

I am using a PC with Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium, I have that along with After Effects. I have used a Mac before, but I am not sure that all the hype is about. A Mac is no better than a PC and a PC is more compatible with more software's than a Mac. However, there are a few nifty programs for the Mac out there, so I might buy a Mac just to test them out.

But really, anything a Mac can do a PC can do, and if not standalone, with help from outside programs that work better than the programs on the Mac. :)
Tyler Allen
ExinoHosting, Inc - President
[email protected]
Twitter Feed @ExinoHosting

#130 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

There might be a lot of programs out there for the pc. But a lot of them are just junky and do more harm then they do help. Plus they leave a lot of junk behind. On a mac there is less apps but the all have to be ran thru apple before it will be authorized. So that is why there is less apps. And plus when you delete the apps from your os they leave less junk behind or no junk at all.

#131 NyeLynTho

NyeLynTho

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

I use a Mac at home and PC at work. I became really comfortable because I was taught on a mac when at school. I feel I move more fluidly on a mac. My work computer does not give me the "Active Screen" corners/hot spots that I need when I have a bunch of windows open.

#132 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

used MAC ince apple lle...just started job(afetr 14 years freelance) made them buy me a 27' mac( I work for an incredible company!)..,,,really, its whatever is easier for designer....

#133 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:40 AM

I have a Mac Pro being shipped to my house due Tuesday - the G4 tower I'm on now is 8 years old!

#134 Beiken

Beiken

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

I used to work with a PC, but at school we started to use Macs. As my PC is outdated I no longer use it, and I am much more comfortable with my mac now. Also I prefer the screen and the touch pad on the mac. I guess Macs and PCs are pretty much the same in a way, but the overall look is still quite different. If you are going to do simple things, Macs are great, but when you want to go into the system it self, PCs are way better, or easier, at least for me. But I guess it all depends on who you are.

#135 SIHEM

SIHEM

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hi,

I am a great fan of MAC.

From the beginning i am using only mac.

So, my vote is for Mac only.

#136 Dskwkrs

Dskwkrs

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

mac ... for ease of use and I know where everything is.

#137 VhienceFX

VhienceFX

• Designer
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

I use to design on PC, because the reason is I dont have Mac. Lol. Just kidding. Anyway, its up to you of which do you prefered. The important is what software your are using for your design. Thats only my opinion. :)

#138 hongxia

hongxia

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

I use Mac. I love it! I feel it much stable than a PC. I got really tired about the virus.

#139 redspidey

redspidey

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

i use pc..because I never try to use mac..maybe i will try it if I have it..lol

#140 manila

manila

• Designer
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

im using my MacBook Air for Keynote designing Mag covers and template for Apple Newsstand required by my clients.. but I do design headers, banners etc on my ASUS Laptop.. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users