2009 Pepsi Logo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#21 benharman

benharman

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:53 AM

I hated the new Pepsi mark when I first saw it. Now I can stand it. I won't say that it's grown on me...more likely we just get used to ugly things.

#22 exparte

exparte

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

When i first saw this, I thought it had to be a joke. A part of me hopes that it is a joke and I just haven't figured that out yet... Check it out, I want to know what other people think of this!

It's amazing that they were able to put soooo much thought into this. 27 pages? I was considering writing a 100 page essay on the symbolic meaning of underpants. I'm gonna be rich... anyways, coodoo's to that designer!

#23 Raivis Petersons

Raivis Petersons

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

You are right. the logo design is quite awefull for such company. They could do much better.

I like pepsi adverts. (-) points for pepsi from my side.

#24 stratopeter

stratopeter

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

I don't think the logo is that bad. Of course, the old one was somehow stronger in terms of concisement. But I think the new approach is more modern and softer, more feminine - which fits to our age. Maybe more females will like it. It looks more like yoga compared to ice-hokey (old one). :D

I especially like the new typo, it looks cleaner, smoother and more sympathic than the old one. I wonder which foundry? The design brief... well... it's stupid. But it also seems to me like a parody to the overwhelming branding cult of our modern economy. Put that way, I like when brands don't take theirselves too seriously. But if they do... that'd be alarming. :rolleyes:

#25 nick000

nick000

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

The new logo is not bad by itself.. its just bad in comparison to what they had before

#26 NHeimstra

NHeimstra

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

There is a lot of humor associated with the new Pepsi logo. The fact that it looks "fatter" and "softer" is what the majority thinks. I still do appreciate that it is a bold logo and is still recognizable. A lot of companies that descide to change their logos become unrecognizable as a brand.

#27 SolitaryDESIGN

SolitaryDESIGN

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

its fresh and new, but i prefer the last design, or at least i would like to see something new and better.

#28 tylerbsr7

tylerbsr7

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:04 AM

Don't take this the wrong way. I think the Pepsi redesign is a glimpse into the future in some respects. Through a design perspective its going the way that most designs are, Simple, clean, memorable. And don't say that the 'Redesign' isn't memorable, because its the fact that you see it and comment it that is making it more and more known.

#29 pollux

pollux

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

I prefer the old one better.
Maybe they wanted a cheaper look.

I think that minimalistic, lowtech, simple is becomming a fashion nowadays.

Twenty years it was amazing to have high-tech, explosive, special effects adds and designs. Now every kid with photoshop can make something similar in three clicks.

Back to basic. But still, i prefer the old logo :)

#30 moka

moka

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

check these out :D
found them while googling the new logo :p

LOOOLLLL

exactly what I was thinking off, when I first seen the logo. I dont like it, liked the previous better. What is really disturbing is a font, because it doesn't go well with the mark.

#31 barrywh

barrywh

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

Wow! That much money? It boggles my mind. I agree with pollux and aset, though. My seven-year old grand daughter could do as good. Personally, I liked the older one better. A suburb design should be able to stand the ultimate test of time... I wonder how long it will be before they "tweak" the Pepsi logo again? Here's a link to to a small sample of the design's evolution:

Pic: Evolution of the Pepsi Logo - PSFK

Is it just me or are a lot of major brands taking design steps backwards these days? Like WalMart (for instance)... Someone got paid big bucks for a "glorified dingbat" on that one!

At least when you factor in the cost of changing everything - from business cards and store signage to merchandising, vehicle wraps, etc... it's nice to know it keeps us in the graphics and printing industry working!
:)Barry

#32 darthsheep

darthsheep

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

well, i really like the ideas of the brief with all that pepsi section and stuff. Creative, at least. Regarding the logo itself, i didnt like it at first, cause i dont think they have such a concept that they can remove the lettering of the logo. Not yet. Not like coke.

#33 Jogi

Jogi

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

ugly
uglier
New Pepsi logo

#34 backbeat

backbeat

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:03 AM

jajaj, I saw those renditions of the pepsi logo. Its a perfectly accurate claim. :D

#35 Xart

Xart

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

there latest offering a few months

#36 KYoder5673

KYoder5673

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

check out this article :) The new Pepsi logo loves fat guys | down with design

#37 Jogi

Jogi

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

check out this article :) The new Pepsi logo loves fat guys | down with design

:-))

#38 soldation2010

soldation2010

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

When I saw the logo first time, I said "OK, man, not that bad, it could be worse". But I just saw that long and silly "Pepsi Logo Design Brief", thanks to you brandyarnold. Now I guess they created a huge mathematical, astronomical hard to follow explanation so that peaople don't think how many minutes (or seconds?) they put for think and create this logo.... and moreover, for so much money....

#39 MarcoJohnDesign

MarcoJohnDesign

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

It's so hard for a large company to rebrand themselves. I think they did a pretty good job.

#40 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

Maybe some would say they altered a few control points, which, those few would be right.

I don't know, I am torn on this one. I am in agreement that they should not have "paid" that much for the re-design. They could have hired me to do this for $500 and a 12 pack (of Bud Light, lol).

But all joking aside, I feel that the logo does take on a more whimsical, beach feel to it; All while staying "pretty" consistent to their original brand as not to promote confusion.

Coca Cola has been very strong with brand, but this has been done through marketing. I personally attribute this to their memorabilia campaigns. You think they just thought it was "cute" to recreate old marketing?

They were salvaging a brand, rather than recreating one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users