Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

CorelDraw Vs Adobe Illustrator: Which is better?

fireworks optimize graphics

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#81 khoyusof

khoyusof

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

may depend pleasure, if I use CorelDraw to speed in drawing and for details,,, if the coloring I prefer AI because I get a beautiful color, but I prefer coreldraw, because I liked from the first
  • lalelemu likes this

#82 krisdesign

krisdesign

• Designer
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

You are right, its a problem with paint in colors, sure. Corel is a good for 3D elements, but sometime want to save your project in eps and open in illustrator from corel, you can see the problem on object. Every parts is croped, well, illustrator can correct this problem, right click on object that you are imported from corel from eps, and go in illustrator release cliping mask. And in a pathfinder you can change option weld, you will have a normal object which you can colored in Illustrator normally
  • lalelemu likes this

#83 DenzelH

DenzelH

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Illustrator.
  • lalelemu likes this

#84 dunkastic

dunkastic

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

i heard Illustrator is standard so i learned it and never used corel...
  • lalelemu likes this

#85 intechnology

intechnology

• Designer
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

ai is my tools. very fast and handy specially the CS6.
  • lalelemu likes this

#86 souen

souen

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:18 AM

Both CorelDraw and AI is good vector editing software. I think in some case CorelDraw better than AI like for tracing image. CorelDraw good for convert path to curve, line, delete node, add node, convert node to smooth, cusp, or symmetrical. I can drawing just with one hand without holding on keyboard, that is more easily than using AI. AI have better for effect, coloring and have many reference because AI has a lot of user.
  • lalelemu likes this

#87 Excelsior

Excelsior

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

I Think AI Is Little Better ,Just My Opinion
  • lalelemu likes this

#88 qowamart

qowamart

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

1 vote for CDR and 1 for AI, I like both of them, CDR with unique taste and AI with powerfull color management.
  • lalelemu likes this

#89 Jefrildsign

Jefrildsign

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

100% vote for Ai and love it :)
  • lalelemu likes this

#90 masisan

masisan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

I always use Adobe Illustrator for precise color:p
  • lalelemu likes this

#91 robertford

robertford

• Client
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:44 AM

From my experience adobe Illustrator is the best one same time it is a user friendly one too.

• lalelemu likes this

#92 swaggymon

swaggymon

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

• lalelemu likes this

#93 scoelho_00

scoelho_00

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

Well i think be unfair say who is the best just because lot people use AI not mean are the best... because even modest MS paint  u can design https://www.youtube....h?v=xS0UgjMjrwI... I start with corel draw 6 and freehand in time of macromedia, and they do a fantastic job, and of course with time the thinks change and more tools we need. I remember in corel draw 10 the paint have "CROP" and Photoshop if not msiake come in cs3 the same tool "CROP".

One think i really love in Ai is layer well organized, in corel not so much, but in corel is fast load and even with multi-pages...

I use both because AI have thinks i need and Corel to, and lot time im import and export from boths, and im happy see all years the compatibility  between both still better even with eps.

So isn't about who is better but what kind machine  you have and what SO u fell comfortable, for me I love corel raw because is simple and fast but still use AI when need  more complex logos.

In resume i say use what u fell good  :)

• lalelemu likes this

#94 storycafe_in

storycafe_in

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

thanks djof, is corel x6 has opacity mode now? or still using lenses.?

There is no full opacity mode in X6 so far. However, the other way is using that transparent fill option. I found it better.

• lalelemu likes this

#95 storycafe_in

storycafe_in

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

thanks djof, is corel x6 has opacity mode now? or still using lenses.?

There is no full opacity mode in X6 so far. However, the other way is using that transparent fill option. I found it better.

• lalelemu likes this

#96 shah2work

shah2work

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

Hi dear fellas!

hope that you all are fine there.

I read all your comments, decisions and statements about both programs and if I could be honest, I would say everyone have a specialization of their own experience with their software skills. I noticed that people are fighting against each others favorite software just because some of them don't know corel and others are out of illustrator skills which is not a valid reason to talk about specialties of program.

I would like to go with post/comment #52

where one of our fellow has cleared about how did illustrator become famous and get called industry standard by people who don't even know about the software and it's use. The main reason why illustrator become famous is just it has both photoshop and corel tools and effects in it however it can't get their places as photoshop and corel have been the best and professional award winning programs.

I'm using corel draw and photoshop together for about 11 years since when the illustrator wasn't born completely. I have found corel draw very fast, efficient, reliable and responsive when designing graphics such as logos, business cards, vector images, silhouettes etc.

It's latest version X7 supports more than 20+ file formats and it's the worlds #1 software which supports max file formats. You can even export almost all required file formats from corel draw such as EPS, PSD, PNG, JPG, PDF, CDR, Ai etc..

As a logo or advertisement designer, you will certainly want to be able to create a richly detailed file that looks great in any size – from brochure, to outdoor billboard.

CorelDraw is best adapted if your design ends up as a manufactured item. So, if you are designing furniture, packaging, shop signs or anything else that goes into production, CorelDraw is the right software for you, due to its more technical approach to design. You can add size quotas to various elements quickly and calculate angles and lengths with great precision. Corel Draw X7 has everything for graphic designers.

My vote is for CorelDraw and Photoshop the complete software package for Graphics Designers. Cheers

• lalelemu, shah2work and flymachine like this

#97 flymachine

flymachine

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:03 AM

Hi dear fellas!

i work with a lot of graphic programs but for me always was the best CorelDraw ( CD )

Cs pack is good but when you talk about vectors and something to create try to learn CD because is the best program ever i work all my graphics with CD

i work with adobe photoshop, indesign , ilustrator but always return to CD have more power tools and may option mixing with xara and photopaint .. is all you need

• lalelemu likes this

#98 Yulistina

Yulistina

Guru

• Designer
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:24 AM

I was very familiar use coreldraw.

nice topic.

• lalelemu likes this

#99 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:50 PM

My relationship with CD is more historical than latest breaking news, back when graphics were just moving from drawing board to computer screen.

The platform made all the difference. The only viable vector program on the PC platform was CD.

Freehand and Illustrator were competing on the Mac. MacDraw was limping along.

Apple enjoyed the huge advantage of being able to create their own operating system for their hardware.

The PC was much harder to configure and run than Apple machines. Font conflicts were common. PCs needed much more troubleshooting.

The killer problem was that Microsoft installed a primitive color system in Windows that was plenty good for ordinary office functions but not for critical graphics.

Conversion from RGB to CMYK was often very poor. RGB Blue often turned purple. (before color profiles).

Furthermore, graphic artists, for the most part were simply not technically oriented.

They would avoid a guaranteed hassle and buy Mac despite the additional expense.

It is not fun when your daily working tool becomes a problem child.

Yes there were problems on Macs but not like PCs.

(What do you mean, the video card on my machine can't do that function with this version of that program?) :eek:

Occasionally, some boss would think that it was a good idea for his excellent secretary to get a graphics program and do the company newsletter on the PC.

The two day job would turn into a two week nightmare. (before PDFs)

It was possible to go into big publishing operations, and newspapers and all the regular work stations were inexpensive PCs. In the back, you could find Macs used as photo editing work stations to create printable tiff files.

At that time, one of the best designers I ever met worked with CD but he was an accomplished programmer who knew PCs inside and out before getting into graphics.

Just saying, working with a program is more of a real relationship then ever previously imagined. :)

What is the best program? A lot of it depends on you. :D

• lalelemu likes this

#100 tyovie

tyovie

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

For layout corel is better than....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fireworks, optimize graphics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users