Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Which do you prefer blind contest or public?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#101 krisdesign

krisdesign

• Designer
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

But blind is too hard question-it is a good for good logo, but not always if I havent idea, not to copy that from other, but to get around a similar idea
  • lalelemu likes this

#102 Joaedron

Joaedron

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

I prefer Blind Contests, because of the Originality and Creativity. But in some type of them, or at some specific time of the contest, making Public, can help in some directions. The most important is a detailed, objectif and Clear Brief.
  • lalelemu likes this

#103 lburke

lburke

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Definitely blind contests. Although sometimes it's nice to see what everyone else is working on, that means it's pretty easy to copy concepts and designs.
  • lalelemu likes this

#104 SGh

SGh

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

I prefer blind contests as the challenge is more...
  • lalelemu likes this

#105 CMurphy1005

CMurphy1005

• Designer
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

It does honestly depend for me.. I think if a CH does not have ANY idea which direction he wants to go in for a design, it sometimes helps to see what they have said about the other designs. This can be a great guide for other designers - not for copying, but for inspiring and eliminating options. Like having a meeting with the client, but through other people. People think it's a blessing for designers to have "total free reign" but with limited submissions it can sometimes be a nightmare!
But if a CH has an idea of what they want but is still OPEN to many interpretations, blind is always best. There is no reason to have to see your competition's ideas to come up with your own :) and it's more exciting when you get positive feedback in those contests!
  • lalelemu likes this

#106 beula2570

beula2570

designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

i prefer Blind because i can submit confidently and Ch will get creative and different concepts :)
  • lalelemu likes this

#107 edro

edro

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

blind contest is better when CH giving feed back so that you know if you are taking right direction or not and not waiting until closing the contest to know the feedback
  • lalelemu likes this

#108 jfoll

jfoll

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

I like the challenge of the blind contest, plus too many other designers like to copy from previous designs posted. The only issue is that the CH don't give much feedback or they related feedback to other submissions, which also isn't fair.
  • lalelemu likes this

#109 kimc22

kimc22

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

for all of us, blind contest is the best. considering clear brief and comments from contest holders.
  • lalelemu likes this

#110 Jefrildsign

Jefrildsign

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

blind contest better and I like it.
but, if CH gave a good briefing :)

kind redards,
  • lalelemu likes this

#111 Probir Ghosh

Probir Ghosh

Banned

• Designer
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

i prefer both. personally i like blind contest. Public contest people copy the high rated idea. Thanks.
  • lalelemu likes this

#112 H&JDesigns

H&JDesigns

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

I prefer blind contest as well. Otherwise if CH gives a design high rating everyone else try to follow that design keeping in mind that CH likes something like that. Even colour font they try to copy.
  • lalelemu likes this

#113 wbeehive

wbeehive

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

I prefer blind contest over public one.
  • lalelemu likes this

#114 DJoz

DJoz

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

I prefer Blind contest make designer more creative.. Thanks :)
  • lalelemu likes this

#115 sikdesigns

sikdesigns

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

For me personally it depends on the industry, business name and brief given. When a CH does not give us much to go on, a blind contest can be difficult. Sometimes its nice to see what direction the CH is headed in. However I agree there are certain contests I wish would have been blind as ideas begin to be used over and over.
  • lalelemu likes this

#116 yolandayee

yolandayee

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:32 PM

well, for me i prefer blind contest so no can see my design except contest holder and avoid others to cheat.
  • lalelemu likes this

#117 JemberArt

JemberArt

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

I think a blind contest and public contest has advantages and disadvantages, if a blind contest that was good because the original creations of our own, but unfortunately we do not know anyone who entered in the contest, and we do not know whether CH has given the final choice in the design of her like, so we propose a new design would be wasted. While public contest was also nice, because we will know how many and what kind of concepts the designers who have entered, and CH already gave a high ranking or not, so that we can decide to enter the contest or not, but unfortunately a concept that has been in the design be easily copied others
  • lalelemu likes this

#118 tsumech

tsumech

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

Hello..

I prefer on blind contest it would be interesting, because we can create our own design without any influence from other designs :)

• lalelemu likes this

#119 Alexgaynor

Alexgaynor

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

I like them blind so far. But theoretically, as a community, we'd create the best logo for the client if the contest was open and the client consistently uprated his/her favourites, so that the design collective can see what the client likes. 

• lalelemu likes this

#120 jack4047

jack4047

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

I prefer blind contest...even though some take the advantage and duplicate from other sites,which might go unnoticed coz non can see their work. In open,copying other peoples work is just too much thus other designers do get away with ur idea. Gud thing u can see when a designer is trying to convince CH to choose him as the winner. In open it's also easy to report when one has duplicated an already existent design
  • lalelemu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users