Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

How do I get a transparent background in my Illustrator file?

text-transform command

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Guest_mevector_*

Guest_mevector_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

I'm relatively new to Illustrator, (I'm working in CS4) and created a corporate logo for one of my clients. When I place the logo into Photoshop or InDesign, the logo is in a white box. How can I make the background transparent in the original Illustrator file?

#2 OGroup

OGroup

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

You need just to copy (from illustrator) and paste (in photoshop) your logo, paste it like a "smarth object", if in your selection (before the COPY in illustrator) you have a white box selected to background you will get it in photoshop too.
I hope it can hel you!

#3 SIHEM

SIHEM

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Yes, you can't directly import or open the illustrator logo into photoshop. You have to use copy paste option only.

#4 es2thekay

es2thekay

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

export to png

#5 EcoDesigns

EcoDesigns

• Designer
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Select logo in Illustrator and directly paste in photoshop file...it will show you options...choose pixels. The other thing you can do is save for web option under file in illustrator and choose gif or png format which has transparent background. Then open these formats on photoshop.

#6 OGroup

OGroup

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

it's right.. but if you paste as "smarth object" you can modify it easily ... you can convert it as raster after all modification :)

#7 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

just export or save it as a png file with a transparent background.......an you should be good. You can export it as a .psd file and then you can modify the whole logo in photoshop if you wanted to.

Here is a link that tells you how to export to a psd file.
Export To PSD From AI

#8 anand224patel

anand224patel

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

Yes ,Squewheet is Right.

Export the File In High Resolution PNG with 300DPI and Transparent Background.
or
If you have to Edit the logo in Photoshop then you can Export the File as PSD.
or
Copy the Element from Illustrator and Paste to Photoshop as "Smart Object".

Regards.

#9 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

If you are placing the eps file in InDesign and getting a white box around the graphic, this should remove the white box:
Click on the placed eps graphic and go to View > Display Performance > High Quality Display.
This will usually make the box disappear on the screen.

If that doesn't work, or if you want to make the box disappear without having to enter High Quality Display mode, follow these instructions:

If the placed graphic is an EPS file: When you place the graphic, be sure to select the Show Import Options checkbox in the bottom left corner of the "Place" dialog box. When this is selected, you will see the dialog box below after you choose the graphic you are placing. Select the Rasterize the PostScript option, and the white box will not appear in the placed graphic.

#10 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

If you are using Indesign you are probably going to press. You will want to keep crisp vector edges on the logo. Thats why you created it in Illustrator in the first place. I like PaintedPony's answer. Chances are, you are just seeing the lowrez preview of the placed EPS file. That is what used to print when a placed graphic link was broken..... You are placing it as an EPS file correct?:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: text-transform command

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users