guatemala

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#61 HUH

HUH

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

it is my thinking the best way to create a logo is through Illustrator best software for logo thanks

#62 krisdesign

krisdesign

• Designer
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hi my friend,

The format for logo companies goes 624x351 pixels. In a Photoshop You must first create a document for creating a logo design, that is the File-New option in a Photoshop, you will see a dimensions in pixels, cm, mm and other, for logos contest change the pixels.

Second, the best work with a logo is to use some Bevel and Emboss Options, because this options give more professionaly looks, modern style, but never best so the Illustrator CS, CS2,.. is, the Illustrator isnt a program for images, but it can be so good for some logos if the problem making a silhouette and other.

For best logo in a Photoshop, you can create a Shape with gradient, with tool for creating a elipse. With Shift tastature shortcut you can make a proporcionally shape. All that you create you must a convert to layer and work on possible layer because you can move anywhere your project logo. You can give a Gradient effect with a Gradient Tool in a Toolbox panel on a left side, you can add more colours, and the colours is more beautifull for logo form Illustrator, that is my think ;). For the element logo shape use the Bevel and Emboss in a Layer menu, you can for inner glow settings, outer glow, the best is a inner glow because it give more powers in a logo, shadow, and other. You can colour the outline stroke in a Gradient too, but not chage a wignette or pattern because this is so craizy for logo.

This style bevel and emboss is a good for logo, badge too. For text use more gradient with a beautifull logo style, my beautifull colours background is a blue high, black because they are the best for used.

Corel Draw is a best program too, because the Corel have more beautifull colours from Illustrator. You can use EPS file format from Corel, or Illustrator, and I think that you can open that in a Photoshop too, because the Photoshop have a Photoshop EPS, I combined that EPS for Illustrator and that works cool. Try that trick, I think that work, and bevel and emboss is a good for logos if you want to work in Photoshop.

One important-You can make a Flyer, logo in a photoshop, but the Photoshop is a image-editing tool, but good for some print design too. You can make a web site too with a slice tool too, and linking with dreamweaver.

#63 krisdesign

krisdesign

• Designer
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

You can save your logo as JPEG, PNG with a transparency. In actually, carefully is a change Save for web&devices options, and change JPEG or PNG for transparency because this options is a correct if you want your logo for web using.

#64 gezwaters

gezwaters

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yes if you're serious about designing logos you really need to learn to use vector editing software, Illustrator or Coreldraw (there are others). It will be worth it in the end.

#65 mediaproduction

mediaproduction

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

Corel Draw or AI is best for logos becuase they are vector software and cilents needs vector files
Thanks

#66 HAZZ

HAZZ

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

you should try illustrator,, it is better

#67 benwick

benwick

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

interesting read, thinking about switching out of photoshop now...

#68 relz2011

relz2011

Banned

• Banned
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

Focus on Corel Draw or study Adobe Illustrator or any vector programs that can make a logo. Logo are design in vector files output. Photoshop is more on images/pixels enhancing.

#69 YAD

YAD

• Designer
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

u can create vector shapes in Ps but its hard to manipulate unlike Ai

#70 NicoGaliano

NicoGaliano

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

Corel has more beautifull colors than illustrator??.. I think you're wrong my friend... I'm not a Corel user, but Illustrator has all the PANTONE colors and besides you can create colors from several color systems (RGB, CMYK, HSB).

#71 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

u can create vector shapes in Ps but its hard to manipulate unlike Ai

Yep, and also if the Photoshop file contains vector shapes, you can open the .psd file directly from Illustrator and it will create the vector shapes for you! So in a way it is actually ok to create logos in Photoshop, depending on how the logo is constructed

#72 Glen

Glen

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Yep, and also if the Photoshop file contains vector shapes, you can open the .psd file directly from Illustrator and it will create the vector shapes for you! So in a way it is actually ok to create logos in Photoshop, depending on how the logo is constructed

Gidday,

I agree with HappyGD but not YAD as I find vectors in Photoshop easy to manipulate.

As a photographer first, I am most familiar with Photoshop so have stuck with it and do all my vector work in there. I tried Illustrator but didn't like it much, so I'll stick with what I know for now. Illustrator does have some great features that I have used though, like live trace. So I will definitely keep trying it until I get to like it.

I have not won any contests on here yet but have won some on another site with vector logos done in Photoshop and supplied the contest holders with .psd, .eps, .ai, .jpg and .pdf files as required by them. So basically, I believe Photoshop is fine for logos if used correctly, but keep trying the vector specific softwares until you like or are comfortable with them. That's what I will be doing.

Cheers,

Glen.

#73 relz2011

relz2011

Banned

• Banned
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

For me photoshope will be best in images but talking about logo, the good software to use like corel, illustrator or any software that can produce output vector.

#74 sleekDesigns

sleekDesigns

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think you should keep working on coreldraw for logos, as it's a vector based program, if you want to use any of adobe software for logos adobe illustrator is recommended, Photoshop is based on pixels and you wont be able to resize your work for many uses if it's created using PS.

and also you should submit your work to logo contest in vector formats..

Good luck

You can create vector logos in PS as well but PS didn't allow you as much as in AI.

#75 sunface

sunface

• Designer
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hi babar786
Visit here
Photoshop Logo Tutorial: Clean Professional Logo Design - YouTube
but software for logos adobe illustrator or Coreldraw is recommended.

#76 hemal2cool

hemal2cool

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

For a great resizing you need to work with Adobe Illustrator as it works on vectors.Photoshop is good choice for normal sized designs.

#77 Airb0rn

Airb0rn

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Make ALL your logos in vectorial !

#78 rbrajdesign

rbrajdesign

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hi
You can try video tutorial for Adobe Photoshop. you will solve your problem. thanks

#79 jumartpahing

jumartpahing

Banned

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

download tutorial

#80 jumartpahing

jumartpahing

Banned

• Banned
  • 25 posts