Copyright infringement read all

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#61 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Many thanks for the answer. Yes really I mean this competition. There in competition I wrote to the moderator but to me didn't answer. I didn't use clipart in this work but can be repeated whose that work. Simply I am afraid to violate rules as read them before entering community of designers but probably didn't study them.

Sorry, I don't see any messages to me from you :confused: Make a new thread in the Chat with the Mods forum if you need to talk about this.

#62 forget41forget

forget41forget

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

Sorry, I don't see any messages to me from you :confused: Make a new thread in the Chat with the Mods forum if you need to talk about this.

Dear moderator I write in that subject that you specified but to me all the time the message comes that I used clipart and therefore my work is removed. Maybe I do something not so? I simply want to know which clipart I used or can repeated others work further not to make such mistakes. There is a wish to understand nevertheless as moderators define authorship of works and whether have to show work which I copied or clipart which used. And so unclear work is removed and which element in it you are confused by me won't understand. In advance I apologize for concern. I will be grateful for the answer. There is a wish to work here and further but without violating the rule.

#63 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Dear moderator I write in that subject that you specified but to me all the time the message comes that I used clipart and therefore my work is removed. Maybe I do something not so? I simply want to know which clipart I used or can repeated others work further not to make such mistakes. There is a wish to understand nevertheless as moderators define authorship of works and whether have to show work which I copied or clipart which used. And so unclear work is removed and which element in it you are confused by me won't understand. In advance I apologize for concern. I will be grateful for the answer. There is a wish to work here and further but without violating the rule.

Hi forget41forget. I was hoping we could discuss your situation privately in the Chat with the Mods forum, but you have not made a thread. So I will explain the violation here so you understand what not to do next time :) And sorry what do you mean "write in that subject that you specified"? If you are talking about an email message? Emails are automated I think so no messages are sent to me :/

DesignContest has a Knowledgebase that should be read when you sign up. With your situation this is what applies:

What can I NOT use on my designs?

When submitting a design, make sure there are:

No third-party images should be used in logo designs (e.g. Clipart, Stock Photos, Stock Designs)

Dingbats contain art created by others, dingbats are not allowed in logo contests .

This is true for several reasons, including the following:

—- Most image makers have legal terms to prevent designers from using the work in any sort of Trade Mark or Identity.
—- Serious consequences may arise out of unauthorized use of someone's work.
—- There is a great lack of originality associated with placing mass-produced images into a company's identifying mark.

[...]

Link

Logos submitted to DesignContest need to be original, unique, and professional. Unfortunately the logo you submitted for the enessen contest had vector art (the tree). That is not allowed and that's why you received an infraction. And to be fair the infraction was the lowest that could be given.

There is no need to worry, the infraction goes away after a couple months if you follow the rules. Hopefully this information is helpful and you can continue to make original and unique designs for contest holders :)

Edited by HappyGD, 17 April 2014 - 02:16 PM.
Fixed url link

#64 forget41forget

forget41forget

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Dear moderator many thanks for the answer and explanation. I can't really understand as to write in a chat in that competition in which my work is blocked, it seems, I write but why that the answer comes the same automatic. About clipart I understood probably I saw a tree on the Internet and I copied the visual memory worked though I try to create something the. From now on I will be more attentive not to violate rules.

#65 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Unfortunately, stuff happens:
LogoThief

#66 Mayatcontest

Mayatcontest

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

It pays to have your original stile! Everything else borders on the gray line and that one is thin. Thank you for sharing.

#67 peterbowes2012

peterbowes2012

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Well isn't that just daycent :)

#68 Probir Ghosh

Probir Ghosh

Banned

• Designer
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

Reading this post. it is very helpful for designers. this information for everyone must read. Thanks for sharing.

#69 sikdesigns

sikdesigns

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

Good Stuff. Thanks

#70 DCreations

DCreations

• Designer
  • 290 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

Thank you so much Eximius, to your Great Great post...I hope some of our co designers are aware now about this.

#71 ezesol

ezesol

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

Great Post by the way i really learn thanks

#72 NightOwl

NightOwl

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

Hello,

I'm just getting started here on DC and right off the bat I found Copyright and DMCA violationsDoes this site not adhere to trademark and copyright laws?  I'm not asking trying to be facetious, but I want to be sure.

I came across this contest here: https://www.designco...-with-us/brief/ and noticed that there are several copyright violations. How was this contests allowed?

It's bad enough that the contest was held, but I find it even more appalling that NOT one designer even brought up the fact that the CH is using photos owned by news agencies and artwork stolen off of other sites. 

Is there a "Report" button to let admin know about such copyright violations?

Thank you.

#73 weiesnbach

weiesnbach

• Designer
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:13 AM

I was actually going to  enter that  contest  and redo  all of the elements using 3D models,  but I picked up  a book illustration in the meantime.  When I checked it again about a week later, I just  shook  my head because everything there was simple copy and paste of obviously copyright violating materials. Licensed clipart,  and stock photos are okay  for illustration,  t-shirts,  etc.,  but not for logos(trademark issues),  and I don't know if it's in the guidelines or not,  but I think that if you are using licensed imagery it should be brought up honestly with  the CH,  because you hold the license,  not them.  They  will likely incur licensing fees themselves. 

That's my two  cents on this. 

-J

#74 NightOwl

NightOwl

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:58 AM

Yes, the simple fact that the images were from various websites (not selling licensed photos and illustration) would/should have tipped off any professional or experienced designer. 

The image of the gentleman holding the sign was taken in Oakland, CA and copyrighted to Stephen Lam of San Francisco, CA, for Reuters news agency.  The use of that photo violates copyright laws and is clearly stated in their Terms of Use: http://www.reuters.com/terms-of-use

The painting of Jesus was painted by painter Greg Olsen and though it's use is allowed, it is for personal use as ONLY as a wallpaper for screen, tablet or phone.  The way it was used is a violation of Mr. Olsen's terms.

To whom does someone reports these violations?

#75 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36422 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:48 PM

This is my opinion based on experience...

This particular contest is on client's shoulders and his/her responsibility.

Designers CAN NOT KNOW whether the provided images in the brief are allowed, approved, bought for use... even if they ask the client the confirmation can not be taken for granted.  

On the other hand, when designers are offering images picked by themselves, their obligation is to notify client what is the status of the image regarding usage & copyright. 

Logo projects are different. 

• weiesnbach likes this

#76 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36422 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

To whom does someone reports these violations?

There is a report button under each entry. You can also go to help desk and send a ticket or go to Chat with Mods. But, I believe this post will be enough. 

#77 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

NightOwl we have already had this discusion.  And you are also talking about a contest that is closed.  The client takes on this responsabilty. If this was an open contest i could do something about this

Thank you

• vbzdesign likes this

Like us on facebook

#78 Imo

Imo

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:06 AM

Thanks for sharing this important informations.
  • Imo likes this

#79 Creativewinner

Creativewinner

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

https://www.designco...rganic/entries/

My concern is about this contest

#40 #41 are mine. I have upload it #27 #29 But @Ramcharan1231232 have steal it & Upload it Same.

Kindly solve it. ASAP.

#80 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

https://www.designco...rganic/entries/

My concern is about this contest

#40 #41 are mine. I have upload it #27 #29 But @Ramcharan1231232 have steal it & Upload it Same.

Kindly solve it. ASAP.

Hi! Entries were removed.

Please know that you have a report button underneath each entry and you can add a report from there. Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users