All the comments should now be gone

Like us on facebook

#23 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

I am surprised by his wining logo there, even more so, when I noticed a few similar designs here, but away better.

I wish we had noticed this on time... and you are right, we should search other sites when it comes like this, I mean before it comes to this:).

BTW, Sharie, all the entries are visible trough the comments section.

Hi babba,
I have one whole list of other sites, please tell me just the initial of the site you were mentioned, I want to fine out what the hack is that winning logo.

#24 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Is this thread sensitive to dc?

#25 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Sharie, you have cleaned up the comments, but image files are still on server. If you have a link of the particular design you will see it. I've already used concepts elsewhere. In order to eliminate any issues with clients and contest holding websites please delete that files. Just wondering if I withdraw my designs from portfolio you're guys still keeping them? This is sooo wrong.

#26 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36604 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

SCH,:)
we can not post link of competitor's site, so... type in your browser "pico computing logo", and go for site "99......".

BTW, what was the set prize here on DC for this contest?

#27 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

SCH,:)
we can not post link of competitor's site, so... type in your browser "pico computing logo", and go for site "99......".

BTW, what was the set prize here on DC for this contest?

I've had browsed the site before massage/ask you about it. may be I am not familiar to their website, I couldn'n find it. I'll go back to check it again. The set price was 375 if not mistaken. Thanks for the info

#28 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36604 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

SCH, here is the image of winning logo:

Attached File  17049488-original.png   46.85KB   192 downloads

for $499

#29 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36604 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

how do you like it?

accelerating computing?! no way!

#30 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

SCH, here is the image of winning logo:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9656[/ATTACH]

for $499

Babba, you’ve saved my times, thank you:) first of all, the color & font type are not suitable for accelerating computing, the designs in DC are better in terms of professionalism, not to make too much criticism on this logo from other site. I think DC should have the curiosity to know why the contest holder spent more money on other site for logo design? is it because the price has fixed on other site? is it because designers from DC were moved over there? is it because the CH could refund his money 100% guarantee by DC. is it because the CH also by the name Moimeme. LOL :) :) :)

#31 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

after all, designers are the biggest loser involved for an abandoned contest like this one.

#32 DM3

DM3

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

I just browsed on to the other site, and I tell you...it's like a zoo!! I like it here better...

#33 DM3

DM3

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

I just don't understand, I saw lots of great concepts/designs in the contest here, and didn't even give any points or ratings. Some designers are just trying to earn points to move up levels.

#34 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36604 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

SCH, on the main page of the contest says $499, while on CH profile says "prize awarded $300", so I am confused... it is a big difference.
Site fees are not close to this difference, only if CH asked for additional services (refund option, extended contest, blind contest, etc..), but even then, it shouldn't be $200. And usually prize on the contest wall is a exact prize for a winning designer.

I can tell from my experience - I have accounts on couple of similar sites (including this one), but I never liked any of them. Time to time, I do go there to challenge my luck (not being lucky, by the way:)) and for a pure change. It is a mess to me.

I just love DC, for many reasons. I like concept of DC, it is more personable, it is more safer, both for designer & clients.

P.S. What did you mean by Moimeme? I don't understand. Moimeme is/was CH also?:)

Edited by Babba, 19 October 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#35 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

SCH,
P.S. What did you mean by Moimeme? I don't understand. Moimeme is/was CH also?:)

I was just kidding you on my last sentence :) LOL :). I am sure everyone of us like it here in the first place, the site here is more organized in terms of accessibility to the content. when i was first here, the prize money was good in average. And now, most of it are low, low & low:(

#36 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

I just browsed on to the other site, and I tell you...it's like a zoo!! I like it here better...

i am sure, you do not have any the membership over there :) LOL :) :) :)

#37 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

l have just checked on the contest page for new logo designs, the prize money starts getting better. let’s go for it :)

#38 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36604 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

:D
The prize is the last thing I look on contest, so I can't agree or disagree with you.
My first concern is to bring idea, a good idea, that someone (client) would love. Specially, it is hard when the contest is not blind, being careful not to copy anyone, as on some contest we all have similar ideas... automatically kills your creativity.
:)

#39 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36604 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I am totally idealess (my new word:)) to go for it.
Good luck to you!:)

#40 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Just to inform you the other site also has money back guarantee. We do not set the prize amount the contestholders set this amount. Our prize amount is right in line with others. The other site have way higher refund rate than we do and almost all have abandoned contests, this is not "unique to designcontest.com I have no idea what the others do with abandoned contests or if they compensate the designers in any way. I think the way we deal with abandoned contest is fair. We do not keep the funds ourselves and spread it out with the designers in that contest or offer 3 paid winners in a community contest.

I think the quality of designs our designers submit is much higher than almost all the other sites! DC grows every month. You the designers make this happen. We hate it when a contest like this happens and thank goodness it doesn't happen very often!

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users