Colors Way Off When I Upload

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 Eirien

Eirien

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

I don't know which version of Illustrator you have but I get the option of including the color profile when I export my designs as jpg. Make sure your general color settings is set to sRGB for RGB since that's the most common monitor profile.

#22 ary

ary

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

this is very helpfull thread.. :cool:

#23 Dio

Dio

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

I had the same problem and now it is solved....
Thanks a lot, very helpful.

#24 iwyn

iwyn

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Been there:) I was working in cmyk and export it to jpg, that happens. when I tried to upload in png I got the result as expected.

#25 krisdesign

krisdesign

• Designer
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

You have the monitor LCD and CRT. CRT always show the dark colors, LCD always show light colors.

CMYK is for print, but some companies do wtih 3 colors, because the process of print is easy.

If You are worked in Corel and import the EPS in Illustrator from Corel Draw, example, you will have the light colors, because the problem is scaled with colors in Illustrator-Illustrator show light color mode. In a Photoshop, You can correct this problem on Image-Mode-CMYK, RGB etc.

In a Illustrator, You must open a New Document and choose the mode of colors-the computer ask you which color mode you want to choose for work on every document you created to work. Just drag and drop the material from Corel example from EPS file that you are created, and you will have the correct color mode. The problem is how the program procesuing the color mode, that´s the problem. The problem can be a monitor of PC too, but, this is not big problem when You print the design, I think.

IMPORTANT!

When you are import the EPS from Corel of your work, you will not see the fill color mode, because the material is from corel eps, and that need to drag and drop in Illustrator on a new document for correct work, and you will not have the problem with this. This is very important if designers work from Corel in Illustrator, for contest too.

If you want to work for Web you will use the RGB mode colors. If you work for Print, You will use CMYK color mode. RGB are red, green, blue CMYk are cian, magenta, yellow, and black.

If the colors In CMYK are blocked, you just go on HSB colors mode.
;)

#26 krisdesign

krisdesign

• Designer
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

HSB colours=CMYK always, you can unlock the colur and choose that you want.

#27 finestroke

finestroke

• Designer
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

CMYK is set for print graphic designs, while RGB is for web graphic designs. DesignContest.com is in a simple word, on the web, so we are required to submit and upload an RGB files to preview our work accordingly to the colors of our designs, otherwise the result will be like the problem you having right now. I hope this make sense and helped. Thank you!

#28 Jaraigo

Jaraigo

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

try to use the solid coated colors for your designs, which are the most used pantone internationally

#29 rbrajdesign

rbrajdesign

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

thanks for sharing this tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users