• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Keosh

Keosh

Banned

• Banned
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

hi guys! hoping to someone will give me a feedback on this issue, will you prefer to be eliminated or just stay on a corner, holding a rate of zero without knowing whats going on... until the contest will be finish....... i know sometimes we experience this...

#2 RonaldoHonsbeek

RonaldoHonsbeek

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Both ways arent fun but being eliminated you know where you stand.

#3 ShiftingBlue

ShiftingBlue

• Designer
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'd rather be rated or eliminated. Staying in the gray area isn't fun

#4 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

That is where patience can be a virtue. If your design has not been eliminated, there is still a chance. I've actually won a couple contests where my entries were not rated to find out I was the chosen winner in the end. :)

Sometimes the CH is still deciding (and perhaps getting opinions from others), so they wait to rate a design they are interested in.

#5 HAZZ

HAZZ

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

thanks for the info, PaintedPony.

#6 Keosh

Keosh

Banned

• Banned
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

have you also experienced something that everybody has been replied and you always message but the CH doesn't reply? paintedPony, hope that will happen for some of us. :D

#7 Meow

Meow

• Designer
  • 442 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

It's OK for me to be eliminated as long as there is a feedback.

#8 Keosh

Keosh

Banned

• Banned
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

As long as its goes that way maybe all of us can say its ok, but i think those who are not cooperating ch are challenging us designers to come up with their logo with just ourselves.

#9 HAZZ

HAZZ

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

eliminated

#10 Vennie0205

Vennie0205

• Designer
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

I prefer to be eliminated. But it'll always be better if there's feedback.

#11 3187mohit

3187mohit

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

I was looking to withdraw my design in a recent competition. the Ch would not rate anyone more than 5-8 points...though i was on third position and used all 15 entries that i could(since ch kept asking for small alterations) and then i could not post anymore..all i had were 3-4 entries with 5-8 points(rest either 0 or eliminated)... Besides, this contest went on for months.
I logged in today to see a gold medal :)
Its always good to hang on :D

#12 Bluewee

Bluewee

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

Elimination is preferable to me. I hate being in the dark.

#13 AvramB

AvramB

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Rating sometimes isn't reliable measure, i saw so many times that the winner was third placed (by points) or even less rated.
CH sometimes don't want to show their opinion especial if contest isn't blind, designers make mistake when try to make a variation of top rated work...because of that CHs sometimes doesn't give feedback.
In my opinion, it is good if you get some feedback ...you know approximately where you are ,if you don't...everything is possible :-)

#14 orideas

orideas

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

eliminated

#15 luqueskaywalker

luqueskaywalker

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

I prefer to be eliminated because so I know that is a erroneous direction and search a different design, I think it's a way of feedback with CH

#16 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

Anyone involved in that Sydney Metro Maintenance business card contest must be pulling the hair out of their heads in frustration :cool: No ratings or feedback at all, yet the CH just extended the contest another 7 days!

#17 luqueskaywalker

luqueskaywalker

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

lol, I understand your frustration, there are many contests where the client says absolutely nothing and I do not know if I keep working on that contest. I do not know which direction to take and in the end the customer extends the contest another week more, when there is no communication with the customer is very difficult to design

#18 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

lol, I understand your frustration, there are many contests where the client says absolutely nothing and I do not know if I keep working on that contest. I do not know which direction to take and in the end the customer extends the contest another week more, when there is no communication with the customer is very difficult to design

It definitely is difficult :confused:. I just brought up that particular contest because I thought it was funny how the CH extended it another week! But with no feedback or ratings, what has happen is now nobody is submitting new designs because no one knows what the CH wants. It ends up being a waste of money too.

#19 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

I prefer to be eliminated then to be on the edge till the end. It would be even better if I could get a feedback. However, I realize it is hard for CH to reply to every design, especially if there is many of them...

#20 SiPilyo

SiPilyo

Banned

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

I prefer to be eliminated. By that, I know that I need improve my designs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glow, paint shop pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users