New profiles discussion

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#101 slavascontest

slavascontest

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

In the profile, The delete option is not always working. I can delete designs I have added myself but cannot delete those which were automatically added. I have tried withdrawing them but that doesn't work either.

Tried chrome and Firefox.

Greetings. I`m QA Tester at DesignContest.
I`ve tried to replicate your problem with the entry deletion - but I could not.
Which exactly entry and in which tab you are trying to remove?
Link to this entry will be very helpful.

• Oleksandrm and muham_saiahmad like this

#102 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

Ok, guys, check out of the FIXED header look and winning entries tab customization - what do you think? 

K8239L3U88kbrO.jpg

• Babba, operhal, GJR and 1 other like this

#103 Ridder

Ridder

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:02 PM

Hi!

I'm sorry to bother you with this minor issue in the middle of all this new profile features requests!

I finished 1-on-1 recently and it's closed now. The CH just added the review. We had only one entry rated of total 7 entries. But it's not the "wining" entry and I don't like it to appear next to the review. I want the "wining" entry #7 instead.

So, can the CH change that after it's closed now? The comments still runing since the CH still need some work.

Thank you very much

• muham_saiahmad likes this

#104 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

Hi slavascontest, Thanks for investigating. I have attached an image to help you. Thanks.

Attached Files

• Oleksandrm and muham_saiahmad like this

#105 slavascontest

slavascontest

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

Hi slavascontest, Thanks for investigating. I have attached an image to help you. Thanks.

The reason is in browser. Firefox doesn`t want to work properly with us, in Chrome, I was able to remove your entries.

Task to fix this error is already created. Thank you for nice catch.

It`s difficult to check functionality for all user types in all browsers some times  :)

• Oleksandrm and GJR like this

#106 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:48 PM

Thanks!  I previously used chrome on android and it didn't work but desktop version is working.  

#107 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

Hi!

I'm sorry to bother you with this minor issue in the middle of all this new profile features requests!

I finished 1-on-1 recently and it's closed now. The CH just added the review. We had only one entry rated of total 7 entries. But it's not the "wining" entry and I don't like it to appear next to the review. I want the "wining" entry #7 instead.

So, can the CH change that after it's closed now? The comments still runing since the CH still need some work.

Thank you very much

In your review tab will appear entry with highest rating. If there are no rating - there would appear last uploaded entry. You can`t select which entry should appear there. The main content on the reviews tab is "REVIEW", not an image. You can showcast your portfolio at design-tabs.

Thank you.

Please do not start new topics for bugs/questions about portfolio. 

• sharie and muham_saiahmad like this

#108 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:45 AM

Minor fix - now, if your One on One project was with NDA upgrade - nobody would be able to see clients name, avatar, location and design. 

Thank you. 

#109 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

"Ok, about your portfolio tab. We have transferred all old entries from old profiles there. Now, 1 entry from 1 contest with highest rating would be added there automatically after the contest is closed.

You may DELETE any design manually, ADD any design from contest (from MyDesigns tab) or any other design using uploader. "

________

^Thanks Olexsandrm. That is good to know. OK, a couple more questions :) ...
If I delete a design from my portfolio, am I deleting the design entirely from the DC system? For example, if I delete a bronze design that is showing up in my portfolio, will I be deleting and getting rid of my bronze medal altogether so it will not show up in my 'Winning' designs? And if so, I guess I will also be deleting the rating points with that bronze?

Also, is there a maximum number of designs we can add to our portfolio pages?

“No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle” – Winston Churchill

#110 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

It is my understanding..if you delete a medal those points and the medal are removed from your profile completely

• PaintedPony likes this

Like us on facebook

#111 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

"Ok, about your portfolio tab. We have transferred all old entries from old profiles there. Now, 1 entry from 1 contest with highest rating would be added there automatically after the contest is closed.

You may DELETE any design manually, ADD any design from contest (from MyDesigns tab) or any other design using uploader. "

________

^Thanks Olexsandrm. That is good to know. OK, a couple more questions :) ...
If I delete a design from my portfolio, am I deleting the design entirely from the DC system? For example, if I delete a bronze design that is showing up in my portfolio, will I be deleting and getting rid of my bronze medal altogether so it will not show up in my 'Winning' designs? And if so, I guess I will also be deleting the rating points with that bronze?

Also, is there a maximum number of designs we can add to our portfolio pages?

Hi there :) You can't remove design from Winning entries tab. If you remove a design from portfolio tab or any other tab, all your points, medals and designs in contest will remain at the same place.

• PaintedPony likes this

#112 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

So in the winning tab, designers will not have the option to remove gold, silver or bronze medals.

In our portfolio tab, we can delete any of the designs we want without the risk of losing any medal, medal points, any designs or rating points.

Good to know! Thanks for the info. :)

#113 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:31 PM

I understand that we cannot delete silver or bronze medals. But we can at least hide them? :) The point is if I have a very nice design (I am a website designer) and I got silver, if I want to use it again (although just once or twice I had this opportunity (or lack of inspiration :) )and the Client checks my winning tab, he can see there my reused design and it might not like that I didn't create something new and unique just for him.

Also, maybe I am missing something with the feature for skills, but it's obviously that if you have friends here or you are old enought on this site you will have the skills confirmed, otherwise you don't even you are very good. I think the medals and the clients reviews speak for themselves and are more important...

I am just saying...you know... :)

• savina likes this

#114 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:43 PM

There have been a few discussions regarding whether you should delete your silver or bronze medals. If a CH checks out your winning designs, and you have 'recycled' a design that was a silver or bronze winner, there could be some confusion. The CH might think you have been paid for the silver or bronze design and are trying to resell it to them. Or they might be put-off that you have not created an entirely 100% new design just for them.

We used to have the ability to delete silver or bronze designs if we wanted to. I think it would be a good option to be able to 'hide' them if you would like to as ramsro has suggested.

• sharie likes this

#115 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

Actually I think this feature will be more useful for logo designers, you guys have so many different entries...For web as I said, we find rarely a project that matches. Yet...it would be better to have much control on this...like when withdraw entries and then we have the possibility to undo the command.

#116 Iridith

Iridith

• Designer
  • 1236 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

I just found a bug - I can add entries from an ongoing blind contest to my portfolio tab, so others can see them. I know it's unlikely that someone will want to do it, but it's always good to have "idiot-proof" solutions applied :)

• Babba likes this

#117 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

I just found a bug - I can add entries from an ongoing blind contest to my portfolio tab, so others can see them. I know it's unlikely that someone will want to do it, but it's always good to have "idiot-proof" solutions applied :)

We can't stop users from doing this :) If we prevent users to do this, they can upload it via UPLOAD section... I think nobody will do this. 

#118 kristijp

kristijp

• Designer
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

Just spotted a bug with my profile (so far haven't noticed it with any others so not sure how many are affected). I don't have a portfolio tab (though these still show up), or a winning entries tab (those don't show up). I also don't have the trash can option to delete entries that are added, or the ability to move them around.

00BdHV2.png

#119 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:06 PM

Oleks it looks like it is this way when viewing your own profile, admins and mods can view others and  and they are ok but when viewing own profile nothing is there no uploads, no skills no links at all

• kristijp likes this

Like us on facebook

#120 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

Weird. Looking on this. Anybody else with this bug?

UPD

Would be fixed in 1-2 hours. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users