• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

Not sure if I can re-enter my entry. But here it is:

http://portfolio.arc.../nickmealey/dc/

Let me know, thanks.

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

why aren't you sure, arcticsnpr? I like your entry very much! I think it is excellent!

#183 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:34 AM

Yeah, great entry you have there. Well done!

I feel like i am close to nature. Spring time indeed is here.
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#184 arcticsnpr

arcticsnpr

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:33 AM

Thank you for your comments.

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:04 PM

As promised (almost without delay) I announce the winner for April's session of the contest annd it is arcticsnpr with his http://portfolio.arc.../nickmealey/dc/!

Please, send me the source .fla file for the header so that I could check it and post on the forums. Thanks in advance!

For everybody else, I would like to stress that this contest is still open and winners will be announced every month. The next deadline is June 1st.

#186 arcticsnpr

arcticsnpr

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for choosing my entry.

#187 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for choosing my entry.

Congratulations arcticsnpr great entry....ladybird and butterfly are class... got a real spring/summer feel to it

Should hopefully have my entry in in the next couple of days for next months hopefully ye will like.

Im really surprised at the low numbers entering this. Really thought people would be jumping at the chance to show off their work and develope their portfolios and get on the design team.

#188 WickedMind

WickedMind

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:01 AM

Well done arcticsnpr.

I shall try to submit another entry for this months run.

@BindMonkey, people have jobs to.
I'm working fulltime as a Flash developer, besides my work I try to spent as little time as possible behind a computer. Only when I really feel the urge to get designing I get behind my desk again.

#189 afterglow

afterglow

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

Nice work arcticsnpr. I will submit my entry for May.

#190 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

@BindMonkey, people have jobs to.
I'm working fulltime as a Flash developer, besides my work I try to spent as little time as possible behind a computer. Only when I really feel the urge to get designing I get behind my desk again.

Dont get me wrong WickedMind i too am stuck behind a computer all day and really have to push myself to even check my emails in the evenings thats when i can get to one. Its just considering that this is a pretty big community, im guessing of all ages and abilities too. I was just shocked that there isnt even just one or two people a week entering. Im also new to this site only a few weeks so maybe ive joined at a time that people arent entering just thought that i would be seeing loads of entries. It was just an observation really thats all.

#191 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

Finally got around to finishing my banner.
really had fun creating this and using flash.
All your comment are welcome and i hope that ye like it.
:)

this is the link
CLICK HERE

• Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

BindMonkey, sometimes it is worth spending some time on a project - this is exactly your case - your time was not wasted!

First when I opened the header I thought that it lacks interactivity. But then I saw the flying dots and then the falling "I". Very well done! That's a pity the animation is not very long. I would actually let the dots fly around longer. You can just cycle the movement after all. Other than that - great job, very original header!

With the new rules there is 2 more weeks till the end of this session of the contest. I hope that there will be some competition for your work. I mean I hope that you haven't just scared everybody away ;)

#193 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:01 AM

resurepus: Thanks for your comments. I originaly had the dots flying around in a loop but I was worried about the file being to large and that it might take too long to load up so i stopped them, but from what you were saying i shall make some changes to it and try to make it longer if i have the time.
Have an extra idea for increasing user interactivity so will see what i can do over the next few days. Thanks again for the comments i really appreciate it.

• Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

I originaly had the dots flying around in a loop but I was worried about the file being to large and that it might take too long to load up so i stopped them.

normally when you repeat the same action the file size shouldn't be affected much.
But if it is, it's true that size is an issue - after all header reload every time you open a new thread or any other page on the forums.

#195 agplonski

agplonski

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

i want to put my design on here but how do i do it exactly- i though i needed a file hosting site but when i upload my file to it. it goes into flash itself to edit and change instead of displaying it
Knowledge is power

• Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

i want to put my design on here but how do i do it exactly- i though i needed a file hosting site but when i upload my file to it. it goes into flash itself to edit and change instead of displaying it

the question isn't quite clear...
what file have you uploaded .fla or .swf?
what hosting service do you use?
and maybe you could post the link too?

#197 agplonski

agplonski

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

ok ill clear some things up,im uploading a swg file and im using www.mediafile.com. ive also tried other sites to. but here is what happens- ive uploaded my swg file to media file them it gives me a file share code- and a button to download it- but i want to display it not let people download it to make changes to it. here is the file sharing code i got and you can probily understand more unless you already know- http://www.mediafire.com/?cdj0yjstmgs
Knowledge is power

#198 agplonski

agplonski

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:30 AM

ok well i think i got it so if this works comments are more then welcome

Knowledge is power

• Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

ok well i think i got it so if this works comments are more then welcome

I can see it now. Well, there isn't much I can say about your entry. I just don't get the idea. What that surrealist pattern mean? Is that the sky with clouds in the background? Why is it brown? What's that lonely word "design" for?

#200 agplonski

agplonski

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

i get what you mean and im positive my designs will get better..but i just am not sure how to go about it..when i saw bindmoneys entry i was wonderin how he did it. If he did it in ai or designed it all in flash..but i did it all in ai tjen expoted it to flash..im kinda learning as i go.. And bindmonkey how did you make that design?
Knowledge is power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users