Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DC Flash Header Design Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

it is still open. and we are not planning to close this contest in the nearest future.
We are looking forward to having new submissions!

#162 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:01 PM

OK !

Good to know. I will participate in this one.:)

#163 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

Hey,

I'm new to this site but will be looking forward to entering this contest...

• Guests

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:38 PM

good! Looking forward to seeing your designs!

#165 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

Hey,

Was trying to open the template that you have set up however i am using ancient technologies a.k.a. Flash 5.. any chance i could get a template that works with my punch cards...:rolleyes:

#166 ASLAN

ASLAN

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

I think this contest really needs deadlines.

#167 snugbrimm

snugbrimm

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

i can't see a lot of people's entries?

#168 ASLAN

ASLAN

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

last time it took more than 3 months that a winner was choosen.
Im not going to insert any entry without a deadline, thats a lesson I learned in this contest.

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:43 PM

ASLAN, I am not away now and I check the contest regularly, so as soon as there's an interesting entry I will put it online. At the same time if we set a deadline and there's nothing interesting, what would we do?

#170 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

ASLAN, I am not away now and I check the contest regularly, so as soon as there's an interesting entry I will put it online. At the same time if we set a deadline and there's nothing interesting, what would we do?

How about we keep the previous design, until a new one is declared as the winner ?

In any contest, of any kind, if there are no guidelines, in this case a deadline, the contenders are a little confused. Maybe some of the designers would be motivated by the deadline, and would spend more time on finishing their designs on time.

Just an idea...:)

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

How about we keep the previous design, until a new one is declared as the winner ?

That is the case actually :)

originally when I started this thread I thought that we'd have enough entries to choose a new winner every two weeks. But now I am not that optimistic.

But you guys are probably right. We might make the deadline once a month and keep in on a regular basis.

#172 ASLAN

ASLAN

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:24 AM

once a month sounds good,
even once in two or three months would do, as long as there is a deadline.
but I agree if there are not enough entries, it could be a problem.

how about once a month if there are more than at least new entries from 5 designers.
otherwise the deadline will be delayed for an other month.

#173 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

Well, delaying another month seems like a bit too long.

How about two weeks ? :)

#174 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

Hey,

Was trying to open the template that you have set up however i am using ancient technologies a.k.a. Flash 5.. any chance i could get a template that works with my punch cards...:rolleyes:

Hey,

Just wondering if there would possible be a flash 5 tamplate available of the template for me?

• Guests

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

BindMonkey, I have FlashCS3 and the best I can do is save it as Flash 8 document. Would it help you?

ASLAN, atondex, not to go to far into discussions, let's say that we pick a winner on the 1st of each month if there are entries from 3 or more designers (if there's less, the entries will be considered for the next round, unless the designs are truly excellent, then we might announce the winner anyway).

That's said, we are settled on the large scale - once a month is not that often, but I think that taking into consideration that the contest hasn't been extremely active lately, that's ok. And also it leaves us with only 8 days till May the 1st! That's when I will announce the next winner (if we have designs to choose from!).

#176 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

BindMonkey, I have FlashCS3 and the best I can do is save it as Flash 8 document. Would it help you?

Hey Resurepus,

Thanks for the reply you had created a template for flash 8 a while back alright and i tried that with no success. I wouldnt worry too much about it im sure ill still give the banner a go and we will see what skills i can pull together.

• Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

Hey Resurepus,

Thanks for the reply you had created a template for flash 8 a while back alright and i tried that with no success. I wouldnt worry too much about it im sure ill still give the banner a go and we will see what skills i can pull together.

Alright! Just make sure you got the right dimensions. And as for the logo, you can find it here

#178 rinirareva

rinirareva

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

act, i'm new here.. can i be one of the design team just if i wn this cntst?

#179 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:08 AM

rinirareva, 3 community contests...

then you will become a design team member automatically. ;)
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

there isn't much time left till the 1st and still no submissions. What's going on, guys?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users