• 278 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Adobe :)

#82 EmLiam

EmLiam

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

I am currently stuck with ps7. What are the pro's and con's...or just con's I suppose?

Photoshop is mainly for photo editing.
----------------------------------
www.finalcrit.com/portfolio/EmLiam

#83 EmLiam

EmLiam

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Inkscape or Xara Xtreme, anyone?

No match for Xara Xtreme (Xara Designer Pro now).

#84 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

I might be wrong but you can't use xara for logos as it doesn't produce a vector file can you even export or import xara file to illustrator?

Like us on facebook

#85 EmLiam

EmLiam

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

I might be wrong but you can't use xara for logos as it doesn't produce a vector file can you even export or import xara file to illustrator?

You guessed it right, you are indeed wrong. :) Xara Designer Pro is a superb program, Vector + Image Editor + Flash combined. It does allows import and export to Adobe Illustrator and other programs (Tip: PDF version is a good mediator although it allows other formats as well).

#86 DexMind176

DexMind176

Banned

• Banned
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

ADOBE----------------The GOD of Designing Software

#87 EmLiam

EmLiam

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

ADOBE----------------The GOD of Designing Software

dexmind> Keep yourself in control! It should be GOOD not GOD, as GOD is the creator of all (all software are work of humans).

#88 DexMind176

DexMind176

Banned

• Banned
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

dexmind> Keep yourself in control! It should be GOOD not GOD, as GOD is the creator of all (all software are work of humans).

Hai! Mr. Smarty.................. I think you are not aware that GOD doesn't always mean Creator of all.. It also Means "THE SUPERIOR"... Got it!.........DK:p

And

Dear!

Concentrate on your Designing .................Not in what other are saying.........

Change your attitude................. one day you will come up with flying Color.........**** **aD

Edited by DexMind176, 16 August 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#89 Edeng

Edeng

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

Adobe4good

#90 EmLiam

EmLiam

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hai! Mr. Smarty.................. I think you are not aware that GOD doesn't always mean Creator of all.. It also Means "THE SUPERIOR"... Got it!.........DK:p

And

Dear!

Concentrate on your Designing .................Not in what other are saying.........

Change your attitude................. one day you will come up with flying Color.........**** **aD

Peace,

First, the GOD you are referring should be with small letter 'g' so that makes it as "god." In English that makes a difference.

Second, concentrating on design should not be a mental block. This is a forum with each one having their own view based on experience and to comment or discuss is nothing wrong.

Third, my attitude is clear in distinguishing right from wrong, so it does not need a change. Already I am flying with colors, just not yet on this site!

Edited by EmLiam, 17 August 2012 - 10:22 AM.
correction

#91 DexMind176

DexMind176

Banned

• Banned
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Peace,

First, the GOD you are referring should be with small letter 'g' so that makes it as "god." In English that makes a difference.

Second, concentrating on design should not be a mental block. This is a forum with each one having their own view based on experience and to comment or discuss is nothing wrong.

Third, my attitude is clear in distinguishing right from wrong, so it does not need a change. Already I am flying with colors, just not yet on this site!

leaving it in caps, means I'm yelling at you...........LOL! **** **aD

#92 sunface

sunface

• Designer
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

On March 21, 2012, Adobe released a beta version of Photoshop CS6. It adds new creative design tools and a redesigned interface with a focus on enhanced performance. New features have been added to the Content-Aware tool such as the Content-Aware Patch and Content-Aware Move. Adobe Photoshop CS6 also brings suite of tools for video editing. Color and exposure adjustments, as well as layers are among a few things that are featured in this new editor. Upon completion of editing, the user is presented with a handful of options of exporting into a few popular formats. CS6 brings the "straighten" tool to Photoshop, where a user simply draws a line anywhere on an image, and the canvas will reorient itself so that the line drawn becomes horizontal, and adjusts the media accordingly. This was created with the intention that users will draw a line parallel to a plane in the image, and reorient the image to that plane to easier achieve certain perspectives.

CS6 also allows background saving, which means that while another document is compiling and archiving itself, it is possible to simultaneously edit an image. CS6 also features a customizable auto-save feature, preventing any work from being lost.
Adobe has responded to feedback from graphic designers and has modified the User Interface accordingly. Now, it boasts a more unified, static look, and is easier to keep track of all the palettes and documents.

#93 aki

aki

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

Absolutely Adobe!!

#94 lostrise

lostrise

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

I would prefer Adobe instead Corel

#95 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Adobe is far more widely used than corel. Id go with Adobe every time

#96 ariaysha

ariaysha

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

I'm using Illustrator CS3 for my artworks, i think Illustrator is more professional than Corel: appearance, function, popular and more.... :)

#97 quencherfx

quencherfx

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

I would prefer using adobe for my text effects and styles... But I regularly used Corel using flat colors... =)

#98 s2289

s2289

• Designer
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Me... Adobe! :)

#99 LogoAvenger

LogoAvenger

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Adobe is best choice:)