• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#61 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

after 10 days im still waiting to be aproved!!

Have you read and fully understood all the rules to becomeing an Elite Designer to participate?

You can start here - http://www.designcon...-designers.html

if you need any clarification on anything just ask. :D

#62 chupacabra

chupacabra

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:52 AM

Thanks for the intro, it was pretty helpful. :)

#63 Alovesopure777

Alovesopure777

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

I'm really excited about joining. I'm still waiting on my application, but in the meantime I enjoy being able to view all the other contests and learn from them. :)

#64 AlottaDots

AlottaDots

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

Please review my application. I do not have a site to call my own, But i have compiled some designs and sent you a link of my work. Thanks!

#65 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

You don't fulfill teh necessary requirements to be eligible for design team member.
You don't even have 10 (meaningful!!!) posts. You are in a hurry, and who's rushing things in usually don't even what is after.
  • SaraDesign likes this
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

#66 deankaradimas

deankaradimas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

my questions is why must you have 10 "meaningful" posts?

ive applied once or twice in the past year, whenever work is slow, and i never got accepted.

really dont understand this whole system.

o well, ill keep trying? haha

=D

#67 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

The answer to the 10 posts question is basic. We are a community of designers, not just designers who come enter contests. We want people to participate in conversations and help others out if they can, or give feedback, etc.

It's more than contests.
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#68 AlottaDots

AlottaDots

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

I thought it was a little silly at first, too. But when you think about it , it makes sense. How many other sites are you apart of? I have 3 others i frequent and i am down to only posting anything i do on one, now. I only browse the others.

There are forums but they are usually hidden somewhere. When you find them, You may find a few topics and only about 20 out of 3,000 designers are there making posts. Then you look at the contests. People are ripping off people and throwing up half ass'd work. Do not read briefs, Arguing in the public contest page. It all gets very frustrating. It makes you not want to be there at all.

Then i received an email two days ago about a contest here. I came over and looked around again. It all makes sense to me. The rules, The system and the posting. You have to give a little to get a little in everything with life. Why should this be any different? If you want a nice community and a place that you can show off your talents, Make a little cash and weed out the bad. I dont think they are asking too much.

I hope i get in. But my portfolio wasnt the greatest. I do not have a site and i do not use image hosting sites as place holders for my stuff. I hope the designs i submitted speak for them self. And not how they are hosted.

#69 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

I thought it was a little silly at first, too. But when you think about it , it makes sense. How many other sites are you apart of? I have 3 others i frequent and i am down to only posting anything i do on one, now. I only browse the others.

There are forums but they are usually hidden somewhere. When you find them, You may find a few topics and only about 20 out of 3,000 designers are there making posts. Then you look at the contests. People are ripping off people and throwing up half ass'd work. Do not read briefs, Arguing in the public contest page. It all gets very frustrating. It makes you not want to be there at all.

Then i received an email two days ago about a contest here. I came over and looked around again. It all makes sense to me. The rules, The system and the posting. You have to give a little to get a little in everything with life. Why should this be any different? If you want a nice community and a place that you can show off your talents, Make a little cash and weed out the bad. I dont think they are asking too much.

I hope i get in. But my portfolio wasnt the greatest. I do not have a site and i do not use image hosting sites as place holders for my stuff. I hope the designs i submitted speak for them self. And not how they are hosted.

Nicely stated. I don't have a site either, just used photobucket to show my work in. I'd encourage you to post some of your stuff in the Finished Work Showcase - Design Contest Forums and/or Works In Progress - Design Contest Forums area and let us have a look at em.

Now on to the topic.
I found this site w/ hopes of just making some extra money since I found it doing a google search for design contests. But (as I always do) read the requirements and through some of the topics posted. After a while I started particpating in threads and posting some of work. Jus to find out I still had some issues to tackle and this site helped me in a great way. So I will give back as best I can.

As you stated "really dont understand this whole system." it's not a system, it's a community of designers that can get a little extra cash.
If you'll notice there is a hand full posting in the contest and not over whelmed with 100's of crappy images as you might see on sites like 99designs.
The Client can come here knowing that they have top notch designer working on their needs and not someone that simply had illustrator or photoshop on their computer thinking they know what their doing.

The only thing I wish would happen is that more would contribute after they become an elite designer. mostly in the "critiquing" areas that I posted above as I feel those two sections have the best information available to designers just starting out and looking to refine their work for better quality.
I've stated this on a couple occasions and feel that the elite should be penlized in some way for not continuing to contributing after becoming an elite. But their are alot of factors such as time and other work that I know keeps some from being more voicefull in the forums. but feel they could dedicate at least once a week to other areas of the board just as they did before becoming an elite member. It would just make the board even better than it is allready. (sorry off subject again)

If you look through the announcements and the vote polls for members to become part of the elite you'll see I'm an dedicated to weeding out those who I feel won't continue to contribute. I know I've voted more no's then yes's.

#70 AlottaDots

AlottaDots

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

I didnt wanna name names of sites, But since you said it. lol
That place could have and was nice for a short time. Something happened along the way. Its a free for all now. They do not even care who is ripping who. And will not respond when you turn it in. They lost my respect and saved bookmark!

As for what you are saying on the continued posting.. It is hard to lose track sometimes. But like any job. If you do not perform, you lose it, right?
Maybe a suspension. Assign a certain area of the forums for the person to post in? That way they know their duty. If they post elsewhere that just a bonus.

Edited by AlottaDots, 29 July 2009 - 05:55 PM.

#71 samoyloff

samoyloff

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

Hello, everyone! I wanted to apply, but it looks like the application form is gone. When I click on http://www.designcon...ent/view/14/28/ from this thread or the FAQ section, it just takes me to the main page. Can you please let me know how to apply?

#72 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

Hello, everyone! I wanted to apply, but it looks like the application form is gone. When I click on http://www.designcon...ent/view/14/28/ from this thread or the FAQ section, it just takes me to the main page. Can you please let me know how to apply?

There is a link at the bottom of the main page. DesignContest.net | Become Elite Designer

REQUIREMENTS - You have to be a member for at least 7 days and a minimum of 10 post.

Suggest reading - http://www.designcon...-designers.html

http://www.designcon...pplication.html

#73 samoyloff

samoyloff

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

Thanks a lot! Now I see it. :)

#74 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

Thanks a lot! Now I see it. :)

No problem. Please make sure read through those other thread I linked. some good information there for you. I suggest everyone read it. ;)

#75 robyn

robyn

Banned

• Banned
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:29 AM

Hi DC, just wanna follow-up my application.
It's been 1 yr and over, I have following it up.
I meet all the requirements needed, ever since. I've even won one of the contest here. Just wondering, why it takes too long :confused:

Katesrobyn

Edited by robyn, 06 August 2009 - 06:05 AM.

Good Designs = Profit
:cool: my works

#76 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

Hi DC, just wanna follow-up my application.
It's been 1 yr and over, I have following it up.
I meet all the requirements needed, ever since. I've even won one of the contest here. Just wondering, why it takes too long :confused:

Katesrobyn

If it's been over a year and you haven't heard anything You may just want to reapply. You should have recieved an email letting you know your status.

But I have no part in the process.

#77 fusion-girl

fusion-girl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

Okay so I'm a bit confused as to why we need to have at least 10 forum posts before applying? I don't really have to much to say or ask - i just want to design! Can someone recommend some good topics/forums for me to check out? There are so many. Thanks!

• Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

Okay so I'm a bit confused as to why we need to have at least 10 forum posts before applying? I don't really have to much to say or ask - i just want to design! Can someone recommend some good topics/forums for me to check out? There are so many. Thanks!

Think of it as a way to get to know the applicant. You can start by introducing yourself in Introduce Yourself forum.

#79 fusion-girl

fusion-girl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

Think of it as a way to get to know the applicant. You can start by introducing yourself in Introduce Yourself forum.

Perfect - thanks for the tip! :-)

#80 fusion-girl

fusion-girl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

Not that this is a spelling and grammar forum - but I believe the term to be used here is CALIBER. Not caliper. Caliper is a brake part (or type of measurement). That made me giggle.

Anyway - thanks for the tips!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: illustrator tips, metallic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users