illustrator tips metallic

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#81 cmolina84

cmolina84

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:28 PM

How do you know when a contest is guaranteed?
CM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#82 Digital_Rescue

Digital_Rescue

Banned

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for instructions. I will try to get possess this nobility. I want to be knight designer :) ( baron, count, and finally prince, later on :) ) To the Arms! Awake the iron! ( i mean graphics pads ! ))

#83 Gert Cornelis

Gert Cornelis

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

thanks! very handy introduction!

#84 Guest_safrg_*

Guest_safrg_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

Thank you for these very particular informations. It really helps me to get started here. ;)

#85 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

Thank you for these very particular informations. It really helps me to get started here. ;)

It nice that you've taken the time to actually read some of them. alot of people don't ;)

#86 snrcreators

snrcreators

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

hi i joined this forums yesterday only...i am eagerly waiting to join the design team.......

#87 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

hi i joined this forums yesterday only...i am eagerly waiting to join the design team.......

PLEASE make sure you read ALL of the sticky's on how to become an elite. In the mean time you can enter the community contests. ;)
We'd like to see what you could come up with.

#88 JMWebDesigns

JMWebDesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

Thank you for the heads up

#89 fusion-girl

fusion-girl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:48 AM

Very helpful! Thank you for this! I'm definitely going to make use of the inspiration and showcase sections. I'll also seek out a section for links to good tutorials online (free). If I don't find this section - can I or someone create it? I'm always finding really great tutorials and I'd love to share!

#90 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

Very helpful! Thank you for this! I'm definitely going to make use of the inspiration and showcase sections. I'll also seek out a section for links to good tutorials online (free). If I don't find this section - can I or someone create it? I'm always finding really great tutorials and I'd love to share!

If you find a great tut I'd suggest posting it in one of these two places.
Vector Graphics - Design Contest Forums

Design Chat - Design Contest Forums

#91 TheNutz

TheNutz

• Designer
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:25 AM

I look forward to joining the contests! :)

#92 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

I look forward to joining the contests! :)

good luck:)

#93 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

Ok, I've looked everywhere for the last couple days for an answer to a question about the design contests (Elite designers) & haven't found one, so I figured I would ask here about it.

If & when I decide to apply for the "Elite Designer" status would I be required to use that presentation template I see most elite designers using or would I be able to use my own companies presentation template?

I've thumbed through all the rules / regulations / & most threads & haven't seen an answer yet, so hopefully I can get some clarification on that.

Now, I have one other question that pertains to the "General contest" category that all members can participate in.

That free shirt you get when you win a contest, does that include shipping or is the winner expected to pay for shipping of the shirt?

I haven't seen an answer about that anywhere either.

Thanks in advance :)

#94 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Ok, I've looked everywhere for the last couple days for an answer to a question about the design contests (Elite designers) & haven't found one, so I figured I would ask here about it.

If & when I decide to apply for the "Elite Designer" status would I be required to use that presentation template I see most elite designers using or would I be able to use my own companies presentation template?

I've thumbed through all the rules / regulations / & most threads & haven't seen an answer yet, so hopefully I can get some clarification on that.

Now, I have one other question that pertains to the "General contest" category that all members can participate in.

That free shirt you get when you win a contest, does that include shipping or is the winner expected to pay for shipping of the shirt?

I haven't seen an answer about that anywhere either.

Thanks in advance :)

When you apply and are accepted you will be able to download the template this template is the only one you're able to use.

As far as showing your work for the actual aplication process you just use your online portfolio.

I believe that includes shipping. I've yet to win one so couldn't say from experiance.
I wouldn't expect to pay shipping on something I won, unless it's stated in writting somewhere.

#95 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:22 PM

When you apply and are accepted you will be able to download the template this template is the only one you're able to use.

As far as showing your work for the actual aplication process you just use your online portfolio.

I believe that includes shipping. I've yet to win one so couldn't say from experiance.
I wouldn't expect to pay shipping on something I won, unless it's stated in writting somewhere.

Thanks, makes perfect since that DC would want as much recognition as possible, as the designer (copyright holder) though, are you aware if I would be allowed to add my company Brand anywhere on their template?

#96 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

Thanks, makes perfect since that DC would want as much recognition as possible, as the designer (copyright holder) though, are you aware if I would be allowed to add my company Brand anywhere on their template?

NO. - see pm

As the copyright holder your name will appear on the template there is no need for any company branding of your own.

If you'll notice the ended or won contests, you'll see that all the other design images are removed. OR you can also remove them yourself after a contest is over and the winner has been announced.
This will keep your concept from being stollen by someone outside of DC..

But other CH like to look through old contests before posting to see what type of images are posted.

#97 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

NO. - see pm

As the copyright holder your name will appear on the template there is no need for any company branding of your own.

If you'll notice the ended or won contests, you'll see that all the other design images are removed. OR you can also remove them yourself after a contest is over and the winner has been announced.
This will keep your concept from being stollen by someone outside of DC..

But other CH like to look through old contests before posting to see what type of images are posted.

Right, thanks for the response & the PM.. However, acting under my company name it makes more business sense to me to be able to relate my brand with my copyrighted designs.

I'll have to think about the process some more & thumb through all the legal TOS & other guidelines again.

Edited to add: I don't really do contests for the money, that's a great bonus, My main focus is doing contests to aid in my brand awareness, take away brand awareness & the contest atmosphere loses some interest for me.

Edited by scorpionagency, 02 October 2009 - 09:58 PM.

#98 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

scorpionagency,

In this very forum section, where you initially posted your questions, you'll find all the answers you need, here, right next door... its a subforum where all the pertinents threads are up for grabs for all, even registered users...
Here: Design Contest Forums > General Information > About DesignContest.net > Rules For Elite Designers
This is the link: Rules for Elite Designers - Design Contest Forums

Regarding the canvas, no its not possible. When you enter to a team, any team, a soccer or basketball team, do you think it will look good if you play with different jersey? Guess not. Here its the same thing.

You'll get all the exposure you deserve if your designs are winners. :)

Paulo
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

#99 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:17 PM

scorpionagency,

In this very forum section, where you initially posted your questions, you'll find all the answers you need, here, right next door... its a subforum where all the pertinents threads are up for grabs for all, even registered users...
Here: Design Contest Forums > General Information > About DesignContest.net > Rules For Elite Designers
This is the link: Rules for Elite Designers - Design Contest Forums

Regarding the canvas, no its not possible. When you enter to a team, any team, a soccer or basketball team, do you think it will look good if you play with different jersey? Guess not. Here its the same thing.

You'll get all the exposure you deserve if your designs are winners. :)

Paulo

Thanks for pointing that out, However I was under the impression that this was a freelance designer / networking type site where we each represented our own brands & not that we had to give up our brands in the joining of a team (e.g. soccer, football) & or as an employment position where you must represent the company you work for.

I apologize for my misunderstanding, I was truly looking for more of a freelance networking site when I first signed up in 2007.

I'll probably still participate in forum posting as I know a few of the designers here from other freelance ventures & the structure of the site is still appealing to me, in that it's geared to help each other better themselves. I'm just not looking at giving up my brand to be in the Elite team as an option.

Thanks again for your clarification :)

Edited by scorpionagency, 02 October 2009 - 10:31 PM.

#100 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

scorpionagency,

Nobody here, as far as I know, gave up their brands to join the team. That is not asked to the users won belong to the team, meaning the users who are eligible to participate in the pre-paid contest (money is guaranteed and no commissions are taken from your prize, understand?)
Take my example, I have a brand of my own (origin~all design) and a brandable unique nickname, guetizo and if you notice my canvas I have there, on top, my logo, my brand in a very subtle way... its there and doesn't make any harm to DC.net and still marks my spot... more this board system, even let you palce links to your business as a signature... do you still think that somebody is giving up on anything? Don't think so.

If you want to bid to a project, you have Elance and other similar sites... but beware the sharks in the open sea of projects 'cause they have been around a lot longer than you, show "proudly" the money they earn until today and their portfolio is quite extensive, so what it left for you? Bid lower and lower and cross your fingers to a client like your style and work with you....
Here, you belong to a team, which is no more no less than the ticket to participate in paid contests and then you compete against your team mates, so no collaboration is allowed... or wanted!

Good luck on your endeavors

Paulo
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: illustrator tips, metallic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users