illustrator tips metallic

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#121 TheNutz

TheNutz

• Designer
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

hi! the nutz: next is voting process...goodluck~!

thank you robyn
  • jati0702 likes this

#122 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:10 PM

Scorpion I believe I may have misunderstood your concept of branding and think I still am.

In the example that you posted I see no real problem with his minute logo included w/ his name and it's with in the space provided so the canvas has not changed. and in my opinion think its acceptable. but that is just my opion

I felt that you wanted to creat your own canvas and include something like huge water marks to all your images or something of that sort. Then I felt that would not be acceptable. if guetizo had a huge image of his logo on his canvas and changed the size and overall apperance then I think there would be a problem.

I can say that I personally haven't noticed any favoritisum over any of the designers at DC. As I can't speak for others this is just what I've noticed here.

I've seen some designers burn their bridges and some that have followed the rules to a T and continue to look out for DC as if it were their own site.

As far as collaberation this can be seen in different ways. like..
You and I collaberate on a specific contest on DC, in this case it is an unfair advantage to other designers working on their own and not fine.
friendly suggestions as to others about a submited design I think would be fine.
Asking what another designer used as a font in a contest that was over because designer B wanted to use it or liked it I feel is also fine.
collaberating on designs outside of DC is also fine.

Again these are just my views and can be some very gray areas when used in sertain situations.

#123 Kdahlhausen

Kdahlhausen

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

can college students studying design as their major be accepted?

#124 Kdahlhausen

Kdahlhausen

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

is there anythign specific your looking for in the portfolio? especially for a student, any help giving suggestions would be appreciated, my work is novice, obviously as im currently studying my major but im looking to enhance my owrk, any suggestions?

#125 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

is there anythign specific your looking for in the portfolio? especially for a student, any help giving suggestions would be appreciated, my work is novice, obviously as im currently studying my major but im looking to enhance my owrk, any suggestions?

I think it's been answered before about what DC looks for. but to summerize they want to see your best work of course, I'd suggest showing some versitility in your work. Show some things a little more illustrative and fun, show some of your "high end" type stuff that would be used for banks or lawfirms, show some web2.0 stuff some black and whites. show your creativity.

Here is a link that might help you. http://www.designcon...-togeather.html

#126 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

can college students studying design as their major be accepted?

not sure what exactly your asking but anyone is free to apply. But I'd suggest getting some good feedback on your work before you do that way you can work on anything that you are week in.

and your also free to join in the community contests (see link in my sig)

#127 tebrown

tebrown

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for the instructions. Looking foward to working with this community.

#128 jmillgraphics

jmillgraphics

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

I would love to be part of the Design Team. All of this stuff feels a little overwhelming, but I feel like I can do this. At least I've been doing logos in vector since I started designing logos lol. Anyway, this post helped me get a better understanding of what what to expect. I will do my best!

J

#129 tebrown

tebrown

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

Our portfolio, can it be work that we have done for ourselfs or does it have to be work that you have done for clients?

#130 TheNutz

TheNutz

• Designer
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

one more question, because I think it takes too much time to accept designers in the elite group.
The voting process is open only for one person? And after the voting process for that person ends the next voting process for another person is posted?
thank's

#131 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

one more question, because I think it takes too much time to accept designers in the elite group.
The voting process is open only for one person? And after the voting process for that person ends the next voting process for another person is posted?
thank's

No there has been multiple votings up to become part of the elite. I know when they were voting on mine I beleive there were like 5 persons in the voting process.

#132 TheNutz

TheNutz

• Designer
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:13 PM

No there has been multiple votings up to become part of the elite. I know when they were voting on mine I beleive there were like 5 persons in the voting process.

Thank you Coy for your reply, i will wait.
Are they testing patience too? (joking)

#133 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

Thank you Coy for your reply, i will wait.
Are they testing patience too? (joking)

At times it does feel like they test your patients. right now we have a new admin (sharie) reviewing some of the applicants with Illumina and as illumina is showing her the ropes it's taking a little longer. There are some other factors that I'll choose not to mention at this time that will delay the process a little bit. so hang in there :)

#134 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:29 PM

I'm very sad with what has happened to me, at this point I'm pretty sure I will never get my problem solved or at least a clarification.

#135 imisabella

imisabella

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:55 AM

I am wondering if there are industrial design related contest? thank you

#136 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

I'm very sad with what has happened to me, at this point I'm pretty sure I will never get my problem solved or at least a clarification.

Please send me a pm about it and I'll work on getting it figured out for you.

I am wondering if there are industrial design related contest? thank you

When you say industrial design, do you mean as in architectural ish type of stuff.. Please expand your comment. :D
Our most popular contests are Logo design contests.

#137 imisabella

imisabella

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

Please send me a pm about it and I'll work on getting it figured out for you.

When you say industrial design, do you mean as in architectural ish type of stuff.. Please expand your comment. :D
Our most popular contests are Logo design contests.

Industrial design is like cars, homewares, electronic goods, cell phone, small to pens, just general day to day stuff, injection molded things. Like the contest in IF (international forum design), but doesnt have to pay to get it. Sorry I just joint and that was my first post, so dont really know my way around yet. thanks

#138 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

Industrial design is like cars, homewares, electronic goods, cell phone, small to pens, just general day to day stuff, injection molded things. Like the contest in IF (international forum design), but doesnt have to pay to get it. Sorry I just joint and that was my first post, so dont really know my way around yet. thanks

thanks for clearing that up, kinda what I'd thought but I've heard the term used to represent many areas.
But to answer no we don't have any contests like that happening but you never know what'll happen in the future.

#139 majd

majd

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

nice informations , thanks ...

#140 mudeyemoody

mudeyemoody

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:45 PM