• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#121 PlexiHosting

PlexiHosting

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

mgoble: Very strong. Definitely makes its mark with the white on red. I like the logo too.
Plexi Hosting - Win an iPod Shuffle (1 in EVERY 23 signups wins)! E-mail me for details or see the 6/8/2005 community contest for details! Also, free gift cards! 100% uptime YTD!

#122 oviska

oviska

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:33 PM

Thanks PlexiHosting for your comments
Ok, I changed that font. I hope this one is better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: I modified the email, so it's not a free email service anymore

#123 PlexiHosting

PlexiHosting

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:31 PM

You are welcome. That looks great.

Question to you and others who do this - is it only for testing or do a lot of you purposely not use email addresses at the domain of the web site you list on the card (if there is one there)? I see a few @yahoo.com and @gmail.com and honestly would rather see a non-free e-mail address if I were going to do business with someone. I'm probably just reading too much into it and it is placeholder text but maybe not.
Plexi Hosting - Win an iPod Shuffle (1 in EVERY 23 signups wins)! E-mail me for details or see the 6/8/2005 community contest for details! Also, free gift cards! 100% uptime YTD!

#124 Christabelle81

Christabelle81

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:05 PM

I love how clean this design is. The negative space is used well and the variations on the color make it a very verstile piece or could be changed periodically. Nice work!

#125 Christabelle81

Christabelle81

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

I have been really busy as of late with work and preparing my portfolio and interviews...fun! There have been some great entries so I thought I would enter this one and give you a little taste of the new 'identity' that I am working on...

I hope you enjoy it thus far...notice how the color scheme can easily change...

Posted Image

That comment was for mizzdabeat. Sorry about that, I'm a newbie!

#126 Christabelle81

Christabelle81

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:09 PM

here's my entry for the card contest.
Am just busy setting up my portfolio and all.
URL isn't registered as we speak (don't hijack it :p).

Simple clean design with all necessary info, well...... in my vision :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

note: front/back dont have same size.
Made this in flash just now since its the only prog I have on my computer.
so, exporting didn't go the way I wanted to be.
Just have a new one and still need to install all the progs.

I love the boldness of the school bus yellow on the black. Makes it really pop. Nice, clean design. Good work!

#127 Christabelle81

Christabelle81

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

Well here is my first post to anything actually at designcontest.com. This is a business card I worked up for myself. I have had the logo of the "M" and "G" for awhile and was trying to tie this into my current letterhead. Let me know what you think, thanks. - Matt

logo here

I love your logo concept. I like how you kept it simple, so it's able to pop. If you're thinking about printing on the back of the card, you could just use your white logo on a red background or it in red on the white background. Very unique. The color can also be versitile b/c you used only one color. Good work!

#128 IntuitDesign

IntuitDesign

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:53 AM

Awesome designs folks!

Penguinpedia, Loved it! It's different and clear. You may want to fix the top type. I kept wanting to see a different treatment of type at the top right corner, such as shifting the 2nd line down on the right, flush right. The top right line and the line underneath it, they are different sizes. They could be read quicker if they were the same size. Love the pencils image and your color choice!

samriley - Awesome design! I'm curious to see the bottom right corner of the bottom card, in order to see the whole compostion of it. Love the background image and the logo! It sings!

oviska - sweet! The smallest point size type you have there is a little hard to read. Love it though! I get a feeling of solidity and foundation.

mgoble - Nice! Everything is working well. Great, clever logo!
Don't look outside of yourself for the truth, for the truth is in you.

#129 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:12 AM

Hi Everyone, it's great to see such a high interest in this contest! There are still 2 days left so try and get your business card inm there's still time :)
---------------------------------------------------
Joel Marie Kubassek - Freelance Graphic/Web Designer/Photographer

#130 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:12 AM

Hi Everyone, it's great to see such a high interest in this contest! There are still 2 days left so try and get your business card in there's still time :)
---------------------------------------------------
Joel Marie Kubassek - Freelance Graphic/Web Designer/Photographer

#131 PlexiHosting

PlexiHosting

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:17 AM

Yes, once again I'm proud to sponsor this contest - such great interest and awesome entries! Keep them coming.

#132 nikosono

nikosono

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:41 AM

have given another try with my own...not in a hurry to go the printer anyway...;)

- for those who are wondering, the chinese word means "designer"

nikoPosted Image

http://www.nikosono....rdnikosono1.jpg

#133 nardex

nardex

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:52 AM

another try.... :) my 3rd bizcard..thanx

Posted Image

#134 Magic Pixel

Magic Pixel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:10 AM

Posted Image

Good luck everybody :)

Edit: I can now see a clear line of coloured pixels on the right side of my card. Unfortunately it's too late to repair it now, 'cause I have a job to go to. Just pretend it's not there, ok? ;)

#135 samriley

samriley

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

i updated my card to show a bit more of the bottom right, and also removed the boxes on the front of the card, the white surround was causing well too much white. also exported it slightly larger so the text is clearer on the screen. you can see the card back on page 6

#136 IntuitDesign

IntuitDesign

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

Looks great samriley! Nice tweaking.
Don't look outside of yourself for the truth, for the truth is in you.

#137 mgoble

mgoble

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:33 PM

Nikosono:
I love the use of photography on the back. It's very original and attention grabbing. I don;t think you need the outline the dingbats, they just distract from the rest of the design which is very clean and simple. Also the outlined text on the front (e-mail address etc.) Is hard to read. Maybe you should try either bumping the size up a point of using a heavier weight without the outline.

#138 mgoble

mgoble

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:39 PM

Nardex:
I like the overall layout of the card and the colors. Both are a clean and effective way to communicate your info. I think that you should try picking one style, either the gritty of your logotype or the liquid/smooth of the starburst on the left side of the card. Both elements could easily be adapted to match the other and I think it would give the card as a whole a more cohesive look.

#139 WickedMind

WickedMind

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

nikosono, love your design, well..... front the most :)
the "person" above the red/white nikosono sign doesnt really add anything in my view.
Get rid of it and see if it misses something. I think it wont.

for the back: do something of the font with your info. And the gradient overlay.
experiment some with it...

#140 nardex

nardex

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:58 AM

mgoble: thanks for the comments :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users