#102 PlexiHosting

PlexiHosting

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

Plexihosting
what comments do you have on mine.

Another I thought I had commented on! Overall I like the concept but think it could be cleaned up. The NMC is not very readable. Very good overall though, I'm sure it can turn into something great.
Plexi Hosting - Win an iPod Shuffle (1 in EVERY 23 signups wins)! E-mail me for details or see the 6/8/2005 community contest for details! Also, free gift cards! 100% uptime YTD!

#103 PlexiHosting

PlexiHosting

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:14 PM

lemieuxster: I got a kick out of yours, though I do agree with the point made that it could actually work for a certain niche.

nardex: I like it but honestly would probably like it more if it stuck to the blue & white theme/look for the entire card.
Plexi Hosting - Win an iPod Shuffle (1 in EVERY 23 signups wins)! E-mail me for details or see the 6/8/2005 community contest for details! Also, free gift cards! 100% uptime YTD!

#104 s_onestyle

s_onestyle

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:39 AM

Heres another try...based on critiques. :)
ok...the server I'm on is being attacked so I gotta use a free host...imageshack...hopefully my site gets fixed soon...
Posted Image

#105 nardex

nardex

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:54 AM

thanx PlexiHosting for the comments :) here's the blue & white theme/look

Posted Image

#106 mizzdabeat

mizzdabeat

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:18 PM

I have been really busy as of late with work and preparing my portfolio and interviews...fun! There have been some great entries so I thought I would enter this one and give you a little taste of the new 'identity' that I am working on...

I hope you enjoy it thus far...notice how the color scheme can easily change...

Posted Image
First Impressions Count | Visit RAN Creative for your logo & web design needs.

#107 lemieuxster

lemieuxster

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:36 PM

Here is another one. I am feeling really colorful lately.

http://www.designcon...16&postcount=97

I just put it in my previous post. Sorry for the inconvenience.
» lemieuxster , wasting time collecting stamps.

#108 nmc designs

nmc designs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:17 PM

Thank-you plexihosting.

#109 PlexiHosting

PlexiHosting

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:49 PM

s_onestyle: That is GREAT. Very catchy. I hope you get your site back soon too, if it goes on too long or if you think it will and you need some space for a bit, let me know. Take a look at our 100% uptime year-to-date and extremely low server load and you'll see it will be a happy temp home :) Seriously, just ask and 'tis done. Don't want to see you go with no site.

nardex: That is EXACTLY what I was envisioning when I made my comments. Awesome job. If you can do the same for your clients and meet their requests with such accuracy you should have (or continue to have) great success in the biz.

mizzdabeat: The design rocks, but I have to be honest and say I'm not a fan of the concept of replacing the letters with numbers. Great card, though.

lemieuxster: Much better than the other and the simplicity really works. Nice job.

nmc_designs: You're welcome :)

#110 IntuitDesign

IntuitDesign

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:57 PM

Hi folks,
Everyone's looks awesome!
There are some award winning designs here.

Here is my design:

Posted Image

Thanx!
Intuit
Don't look outside of yourself for the truth, for the truth is in you.

#111 PlexiHosting

PlexiHosting

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:00 PM

Nicely done, Intuit. I like the way the card is visibly split into two areas. The background on the bottom is nice (and soothing!)

• Guests

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:01 PM

Intuit, it is my personal opinion, but I don't think the text will read clearly when printed - the color is not contrasting with the background...

#113 IntuitDesign

IntuitDesign

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

Thank you PlexiHosting!
Sergey, thank you for your critique! I've updated the text. Does it look better?

peace
Intuit
Don't look outside of yourself for the truth, for the truth is in you.

• Guests

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

Yes, I think so.

#115 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:22 PM

WELL.. since I just finished creating my business card and am getting ready to send it away for printing, I thought I would show it off :p

Since I created it in InDesign, It needs to be in PDF format.. so you can download it here: http://www.neupix.com/b-card.pdf

edit: image quality is a little low, real version is at much higher resolution.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#116 samriley

samriley

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:33 PM

I dont think its up to some of the cards ive seen but heres my card, open for suggestions.

Posted Image

#117 PlexiHosting

PlexiHosting

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

penguinpedia - very nice. I can't find a thing to critique on it. Was hoping to scare you and say "stop the presses!!!" but couldn't :)

samriley - the quality is very good, don't sell yourself short. I have trouble with the "oft" on the front and don't like the "Soft" and boxes with white around them on the back though.

#118 oviska

oviska

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

Ok, here goes my shot

Posted Image

Hope you like it

#119 PlexiHosting

PlexiHosting

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:06 PM

oviska - very nice, I like the "rough" feel to it and the colors. I'm not a big fan of the typeface used for "Web Designer / Graphic Designer" but that's just a matter of personal taste. Very good!

FYI to all - About the promos advertised as part of this sponsorship, I have removed the requirement to stay hosted for three months before receiving and in order to be entered for an iPod Shuffle so now ALL signups are eligible instantly and it is still one in every 23 that wins. Thanks.

#120 mgoble

mgoble

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:53 PM

Well here is my first post to anything actually at designcontest.com. This is a business card I worked up for myself. I have had the logo of the "M" and "G" for awhile and was trying to tie this into my current letterhead. Let me know what you think, thanks. - Matt

logo here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users