Dc rules and regulation

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 osbalt

osbalt

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

I want to ask if users are now allowed to copy each others idea.. Because the recent logo contest "financial blog" was filled with duplicates of ideas and this aint the first time this is happening.. Dc staffs have to do something.. Atleast reviewing entries and contests, i need a reply please.. Thank you..

#2 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

That's a shame on some "so-self-called" designers :( I've seem many of them.
You can contribute to clean DC off them by reporting every copycat you see around.

Use the little waringn sign over the top right corner of the "copied" entry and report it.

DC will thank you.

Everyone should always report unfair designers.

Regards & success.
--
jjy

Edited by jjyepez, 16 July 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#3 manila

manila

• Designer
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

@osbalt, im not following the contest but my first glance on the entries were almost all of them are 'identical'.

BUT I just saw on the 2nd page of the comments; the Contest Holder posted this:

General comments:
A. We need shaded glasses. If they are un-shaded, the fox look like a deer in the headlights! Not what we want.
B. Minimal facial hair, but a little can be ok. However, we are trying to avoid the shaggy dog look.
C. You are welcome to propose alternate fonts, but so far we still like our original "Expletus Sans" font the best.
D. For fonts, we're going with sans serif, but DON't want an Arial Bold type font that resembles "Fox News". :-)

I think general comments are for all the Designers so expect more entries following this feedback by the CH.. but still im dont know who posted first the FOX with shades idea... ;)

#4 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

You are right manila,
But copycats are out there and I have seen many of them and have fought them ... :( not nice by the way. Not always copying my work of course ... many copying other's work and even trying to cheat on admins by flipping some images or retouching stock images for make them look quite different ... and that's what I'm talking about ... unfair "so-self-called" designers ... :( sad but true ... they are out there among us.

#5 osbalt

osbalt

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

@jjyepez.. thanks.. i reported the design but i havent got anything yet.., no response yet from DC.......(i was unable to reply on time because of the forum post limit)..

#6 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

@jjyepez.. thanks.. i reported the design but i havent got anything yet.., no response yet from DC.......(i was unable to reply on time because of the forum post limit)..

You might want to start a chat session with Ops and discuse your case. ;)

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

This issue becomes cloudy sometimes. Looking at the contest I see the very first entry to use a fox with glasses was entry number #2 That designer would have to report the other designers as copying the concept. If designer of entry number 2 had reported your entry 11 your entry 11 would have been reomoved because the fox and glasses idea/concept is being used. That designer or anyone else did not report anyone for copying the fox/glasses idea concept.. So so none of the entries are removed.

You can sort entries by rating or by date , if you sort by date you can see the who came up with the idea/concept first, first entered being at the bottom.

Like us on facebook

#8 krsbelle

krsbelle

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

Yes, the copying of a concept is a real problem. As soon as the CH posts a positive comment and a high rating on a design, a number of other designers seem to feed of the concept and try to steal the idea and the prize.

#9 osbalt

osbalt

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

it happened to me once and i lost the contest due to that.. sharie, check out the whole medicine logo contest aswell.. im fed up of this.. the "report tab" aint working for me..

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

osbalt what are you talking about, you have sent a report in about the fox and the glasses, that was taken care of...you have not sent any report in about whole medicine. If there is some copy issue going on the entry is removed and designer has infraction for it, what entry is copying your entry? The "report" button does work. The only time the entry is not going to be removed is if there is not any copy issues going on.

Like us on facebook

#11 osbalt

osbalt

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

@sharie.. guess its my browser that is faulty..because it didnt notify me aswell that the first request i sent has delivered.. thanks sharie..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users