Design Uploading Limit is being a barrier :(

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Premiumlogo

Premiumlogo

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hii Everybody. I am new to Design Contest. In the intial days of joining, I did not have any problems in uploading new designs. After a while there were limits put on my profile for uploading design. In a general scenario its fine. It helps you to feel that you are growing as a new-comer. But now, this uploading limit has become a barrier. I am participating in one of the contests, and I have already submitted designs up-to my limit. Now the Contest Holder has asked for revised designs and he likes my designs. I am unable to submit revised designs and the contest is ending a few hours. I have a good probability of winning, but alas I don't think I would be. :( :( :( :(

#2 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

You can ask Admins to give you more entries and they will help you for sure.

#3 Jera

Jera

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

Yeah its really hard when you have a limited entry to send. But DC can help you always :)

• Guests

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hii Everybody. I am new to Design Contest. In the intial days of joining, I did not have any problems in uploading new designs. After a while there were limits put on my profile for uploading design. In a general scenario its fine. It helps you to feel that you are growing as a new-comer. But now, this uploading limit has become a barrier. I am participating in one of the contests, and I have already submitted designs up-to my limit. Now the Contest Holder has asked for revised designs and he likes my designs. I am unable to submit revised designs and the contest is ending a few hours. I have a good probability of winning, but alas I don't think I would be. :( :( :( :(

actually, it is quite simple - for each logo that the contest holder rates at 40+ points you get an additional upload credit (even if you have used up your limit). So if he wants to see more designs from you he just needs to rate your entries and that's it, you are ready to continue.

#5 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

very often CHs dont even bother rating entries :) And boom we have a winner!

• Guests

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

very often CHs dont even bother rating entries :) And boom we have a winner!

that happens. we can't really make contest holders to stick to a strict protocol. They need certain freedom in how they evaluate entries and choose their winner.

#7 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

It happens very often, you should stand a bit for designers here. There are tons of rules for us and seems like no rules for the clients. :)) There is no proper instructions for the Clients during the Opening phase and we don't have any CH's perfomance stats. Client should be aware about this info, shown prominently (taken from other contest holding website, do not copy):

– You, the Client, are very important! Your active participation is the single greatest factor influencing this contest. Active participation by you, the Client, helps you get the logo design you want!
– What's active participation? It's updating the brief with more information for Designers to work with as the contest progresses, providing feedback to Designers on their entries when they're submitted, and ranking designs at least once a day.
– When you provide feedback to Designers, you increase the chances of getting the logo you want. More feedback = better results!
– Leave private feedback by clicking on a design. Feedback will be made public upon contest completion.
– Rank designs at least once each day -- this will encourage Designers to submit more entries!
– Ranking prevents your contest from going idle! Active contests attract more Designers.
– Ranking gets your contest noticed. Unless your contest is Private, 1st place entries are posted to the portfolio page: http://xxxxx
– Please note: if you're asking for a design that will require several hours to create, to attract Designers willing to invest that amount of time the prize should be at least $400-$500. All "Character" style logos fall into this category.
– Designers are not offended by "Not Interested." We'd like to know what you don't want so we can give you the design you do want.

More detailed information on how to get the most out of your contest can be found here...

Such notice to CH should be visible all time on his page somewhere.

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

eximius

We tell the contest almost exactly what you have written. We can't force the clients to follow these guidelines.

Like us on facebook

#9 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

You don't need to tell, he/she has to see this every time he enters his page with the contest. It could be implemented as randomly posted comments from admins.

#10 VagelisArt

VagelisArt

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

DC would help you and let the CH know

#11 Conrad2

Conrad2

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

There seems to be a varied breed of CHs. Look at Silktap. Closed and not a single rating. Lucendi however, makes it a point to rate, each time. I like the limited uploads. Often there are just too many uploads from a single designer. I naturally edit myself. So I am not averse to it.

#12 nlroop

nlroop

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

I'm personally happy they added a fixed amount of uploads allowed to a designer again. When I first started with this website, you were allowed 7 uploads and if the CH liked your design and wanted to see a revision, then you were awarded another upload credit. Then a few months later, we were offered unlimited number of uploads and I didn't like that at all.

There are a few things I don't really agree with on this website, but it's one of the best websites for designers who are interested in contest.

#13 VagelisArt

VagelisArt

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Yeah Its better to have limited uploads.I'd love to see though more blind

#14 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

I know that if you have limited uploads. Then I think it tends to make you think more about your design before you submit it. But when it comes to where you have maxed out you entry limit and your needing more entries from the CH. Maybe you should have it where the ch will have to rate the designs on the page before the can see the next designs. That is if there is no feedback or inactivity for a few days.

I really think that if you guys meaning DC implements the hidden ratings on designs. Thatwe talked about in another post.Then maybe this can be fixed and maybe the CH would rate the designs more often. But no one knows until that is implemented.

#15 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

A good designer is the person who pays attention to the details. This minute designer can't appreciate some faulty strokes, next minute he can, next day he polishes another stroke. We do need more uploads. There are tons of reasons to make revisions even for experienced designers. If admins set limits to uploads we need at least an option to withdraw entries, so we can do revisions by improving images.

#16 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36609 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

an option to withdraw entries, so we can do revisions by improving images.

This seems very reasonable. In that case should figure out how to work the system out if such entry is already rated.

#17 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

As I said before, rating system we have is useless. We need Rankings for the entries and user points which are not related to the contest itself. Check my thoughts on that in other forum threads.

#18 servspot

servspot

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

This is better because it will make you more accuracy and professionalism in what you will post

#19 santossystems

santossystems

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hi,

I'm new here as well in DC and I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of this portal. As most things this is a double edge.

On a CH perspective he is almost guaranteed that designers would send their top designs. On the other hand what the designer might have thought was his worst idea for the contest could have been what the CH was looking for. This happened a couple of times already inside and outside of contest environment.

On a designer perspective, it's a hassle, always is. With designers that have lots of ideas and to be able to choose a handful from that idea was and always will be a struggle. On the other hand designers have a "close" to even playing field wherein everyone can submit equal amount of entries. However the ranking system then ruined this playing field. Like me that would be new that just heard about this portal like 2-3 days ago would be on a disadvantage.

#20 fruitywebdesign

fruitywebdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

I really enjoy this forum so much..Thanks for sharing this forum for us...I will wait for your next forum:-)

web design company

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users