Top 3 Awards

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sjkelly07

sjkelly07

• Designer
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

Should it be made compulsory for the CH to award the Gold, Silver & Bronze medals at the end of a contest. The reason i'm asking, a contest has just closed and only the Winning design was awarded with the Gold medal.

Especially now with the new DC format where we receive extra points for awards. I feel the top 3 awards should be given.

#2 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

The reason i'm asking, a contest has just closed and only the Winning design was awarded with the Gold medal.

By this you mean CH awarded only Gold medal?
If that's the case, I fully agree with you. That is a shame!
For me it means total lack of appreciation and respect toward all designers involved in such a contest.
It is not a first time happened.

I hope DC will take care of this suggestion, and take it as obligatory to Contest Holders.

#3 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

What if the CH doesn't really like any other design submitted..(i'm sure they can find more than 1 they'd like in most cases) But,what if they didn't.. We cant force them to do that.

i know it can drive us designers mad..but this is still be left up to their decision not mandatory!!

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#4 sjkelly07

sjkelly07

• Designer
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Surely if there is an average of 40 designs per contest. The CH can choose a top 3. They have chosen their winner which is fair enough, but as Babba says it would just show appreciation to all the other designers who have taken part in their contest.

#5 Emaginat

Emaginat

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

I totally agree. I should have at least two more silver medals. I was tied for first until the contest was over and the ch deleted all of the designs. It took away all the rating points I earned and i didnt get my medal. This sucks

#6 Hadeelsa

Hadeelsa

Banned

• Banned
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

But maybe the ch really does not like except the winning entry, true but this is a small range of contests like that, the majority do like more than one or two, maybe not force them to give medals rather than encourage them to do so out of encouragment to us ;)

#7 Jera

Jera

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

I agree to this thread. I think it is good to 3 awards in a contest. But I know it is the CH decision whether He/She likes to include a silver and bronze winner.

#8 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Selma,
I believe that can happen rarely (CH doesn't like others), but in that case next rated design can't be so close to first rated.
After a hard work, over 200 entries, there should be silver and bronze.

#9 dansheva

dansheva

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

3 awards in a contest make me spirit for participating a contest. although the awards 2 and 3 place, prizes is small. :-)

#10 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Well I think that if a contest gets enough designs. And the CH rates the designs thru out the whole process they should try to give the medal where do. I know some CH's don't rate designs sometimes but that is when DC needs to jump in and implement the "hidden rating box". Which it would allow the CH to rate designs easier. Then maybe in turn they will give medals to the designers of there choosin' in the end.

#11 NKDesigns

NKDesigns

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

I was wondering if I get a first and a third or some combination will I get accredited eith both medals?

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

you can't have more than one medal in a contest, if yu win the contest then the next highest rated is auto picked for silver and bronze one medal per persona in a contest

Like us on facebook

#13 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

The designers should have Gold, silver and bronze after a hard work, but i've experienced some contest ended with no medals given and even rating.
That's very disappointed.

#14 dansheva

dansheva

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

The designers should have Gold, silver and bronze after a hard work, but i've experienced some contest ended with no medals given and even rating.
That's very disappointed.

yes..i have experienced too.

#15 Olive

Olive

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

In contests where only gold is awarded, maybe a DC could step in and award the other two?

#16 arthouros

arthouros

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

olive i think ch should award silver & bronze medal too, or maybe dc will create one thread with poll..

#17 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Would be awesome if there was a guaranteed gold, silver and bronze medal per contest. It doesn't cost the CH any additional money to award the 2nd top rated and 3rd top rated designs/designers. If the CH liked the design enough to give those top ratings, would be nice to show appreciation for working so hard to please the CH by awarding those designers with medals. A lot of CH's do and a lot don't. It can be very frustrating.

DC offers a satisfaction guaranteed money back option to the contest holder, would be nice if they guaranteed gold, silver and bronze medals to us designers - especially in the case where 3 top designs are rated with the same score - would make sense that after CH chooses their winner, the other 2 designs would receive 2nd and 3rd place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users