Design Contest - since 2003 - custom graphic design done affordable

9 AM - 8 PM PST

Welcome to DesignContest - a friendly community made for designers of all levels. Join us as a designer and you can:
  •   learn about design tricks and techniques
  •   find answers to questions
  •   share your own knowledge
Or just come hang out! It's a nice place just to have a friendly chat with fellow designers.

View Poll Results: Did this member contribute to your DC experience in a positive way?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 63.64%
  • No

4 36.36%
    City, State
    The frozen Wastelands of MN

Attention All Members: DesignsbyALX needs your votes!

Please read the question in the poll area above. Then just answer it truthfully. Remember, this poll isnít about portfolios or design skills. Please read this thread for a more detailed explanation of the voting system.

The member youíre voting for is Ė DesignsbyALX

Thanks for participating!
    Interested in becoming a Design Team Member? Please visit This Thread

City, State
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands. Did you know Nijmegen is Hollands oldest city? Check out Google Earth!

I'm having so much fun here, i just love to design! Please vote yes, and satisfy my craving of becoming an elite member! Thank you very much! Alex

City, State
    Toulouse

Alex, it doesn't help to spam in the community contest's comments...

follow DesignContest on twitter

City, State
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands. Did you know Nijmegen is Hollands oldest city? Check out Google Earth!

Hey resurepus,

i wasn't aware that asking you guys to vote, was considered as such. Sorry about that You won't see me asking again

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

I read all posts and vote accordingly. I encourage everyone to do so. Design Contest Forums - View Profile: DesignsbyALX

City, State
    Toulouse

Quote Originally Posted by DesignsbyALX View Post
    Hey resurepus,

i wasn't aware that asking you guys to vote, was considered as such. Sorry about that You won't see me asking again
    we just try to keep things on topic. comments in Community Contests are for discussing the contests and their entries.

follow DesignContest on twitter

City, State

Tnx people! (7) I do wonder why i have 4 against votes, but as i often say; you can't please everyone! I'm glad i made it through this poll!

City, State
    San Antonio, Texas

Well, I can be totally honest with you, so you don't have to wonder about all the "No" votes.

I Voted "No" for the following reasons:::

1.) Not following community contest project briefs:
    * Failure to provide a sketch for Most the contests that required them in the brief (It is important to be able to follow a clients brief, especially if you are wanting to participate in paid contests.)

2.) Forum Participation:
    * A high % of the posts on the forums I've seen from you were 1-4 liners without much helpful content. (that's my personal opinion, however Others may have found fruitful help where I may have missed seeing it.)

3.) Rules / policy / Guidelines:
    * Asking other members to vote for you to become an elite designer in the community contest threads. (I found this to be unethical, Others may have viewed it differently)

The above should not be taken as an attack upon you, but more as constructive criticism, for which it was meant to be. I figured maybe If I stepped up as one of the people that voted "no" & explained why, that others may start participating in the same way, revealing as to why they voted the way they did. Doing so can prove to be very helpful to designers, allowing them to see what others feel are their strong & weak points. it also gives you some insight on area's you may be able to improve on in the future.

I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by scorpionagency; 10-19-2009 at 05:51 PM.

City, State

Hey Scorpionagency!

I honestly mean, thanks for this feedback.
    About your first point, i think it's up to DC to decide what is the defenition of sketching.
    Making a collage, or using a 3d modelling program is kanda sketching to. I also have to start from 0, and tweak my model in order to get to a certain design, the same as i would do with a pencil. As long as the designs are aproved for challenge, i have to disagree with you on this one!
    About point 2; Haha, i think it's better to say little that makes sense, as for saying much, which doesn't
    About 3; as i said in my reply to the subject, i was asking for people to vote, you're right. But just once, and without the intention of spamming. (I don't see this one question as spamming!) I also apologized, and promised not to do so anymore, which i didn't! To call this "unethical", is a bit overreacted (in my opinion), considering the defenition of the word.

But i do thank you for your honest feedback! All the best to you to

City, State
    Roma, Italia

I found it correct to vote positively for a user who always partecipated, ok, not with chilomethers of speech but with good suggestions. Quality, not quantity congratulations alx.

City, State

Tnx SliverFX! That's just what i mean It takes a while before they process i quess, because i still cannot participate in the other contests... But thanks for your vote anyway!!!

City, State
    Roma, Italia

I would like to quote something I wrote on another topic for a better explaination of what I was trying to say. I don't want to be misunderstood.

As for people writing only a short line, well, maybe there was not that much to say about the work. I sometimes feel like writing "this is a nice design" which can be a positive feedback for someone who is working on something. This doesn't necessarily mean I am trying to fat my post-count, which I really don't care about. I just want to encourage everybody to read ALL the posts made from a user if possible. Or at least give them a fast read. Because you can't really judge someone just because of their works, most of the time.
    Hope you get my point.

regards.

City, State
    SLP, Mexico

I would have voted for a yes, I got here too late, I have seen your works and it feels like you contribute a lot with the community with your posts, I love your renders and I know this is not about work but about helping this community, I can see you are polite. Great job going trough the poll. I wish you the best and envy you a little, in a good way hehe.

Thread Information