Design Contest - since 2003 - custom graphic design done affordable

9 AM - 8 PM PST

Welcome to DesignContest - a friendly community made for designers of all levels. Join us as a designer and you can:
  •   learn about design tricks and techniques
  •   find answers to questions
  •   share your own knowledge
Or just come hang out! It's a nice place just to have a friendly chat with fellow designers.

View Poll Results: Did this member contribute to your DC experience in a positive way?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 85.71%
  • no

1 14.29%
    City, State
    Entiat

Attention All Members: SliverFX needs your votes!

Please read the question in the poll area above. Then just answer it truthfully. Remember, this poll isnít about portfolios or design skills. Please read this thread for a more detailed explanation of the voting system.

The member youíre voting for is Ė SliverFX

View SliverFX profile Design Contest Forums - View Profile: SliverFX

Thanks for participating!
    Last edited by Coy; 11-20-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Like us on facebook

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

I read all posts and vote accordingly. I encourage everyone to do so.
    Design Contest Forums - View Profile: SliverFX
    Click on statistics, then view posts and have a good read to see if he’s contributed to DC in a positive way.

City, State
    San Antonio, Texas

There's still time, so I'm not going to vote yet, however, I would like to see this member participate in 1 or 2 community contest events. I will say that I feel this members posts are well thought out & helpful (Which is Excellent) & for the most part are NOT just padded count posts.

I'll return to vote at a later date.

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionagency View Post
    There's still time, so I'm not going to vote yet, however, I would like to see this member participate in 1 or 2 community contest events. I will say that I feel this members posts are well thought out & helpful (Which is Excellent) & for the most part are NOT just padded count posts.

I'll return to vote at a later date.
    just an FYI it is not necessary or mandated that anyone has to participate in community contests.
    Sure it's nice to see more people partake in the community contests but it's not a requirement.

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

Just in case no one actually clicks on the link provided in Sharies post about what the voting is for.

Quote Originally Posted by resurepus
    Introduction:
    This post is a brief overview of how the "Attention All Members: _____ needs your votes!" threads work. You may have already seen them in this section and there may actually be several of these up right now. What follows is a breakdown of the system being implemented with these threads.

Basic Idea:
    Motivated by our recent "nice work" discussion, we’ve decided that it would be fair for Design Team applicants to be voted upon in terms of their (hopefully meaningful) interaction with others on the forum. Therefore, once a designer has applied to the Design Team via the usual application form and has proven to meet or exceed our standards for Design Team members with his/her portfolio, that designer will be subject to the voting system described below.

More Details:
    The voting begins when a thread titled, "Attention All Members: _____ needs your votes!", is posted in the Announcements section; naturally, the blank will be replaced with the username of some DC forum member. Within this newly created thread, users will find a poll-question along the lines of, “Has this forum member contributed positively to your DC experience?” If you believe that the answer is yes, then vote “Yes”; otherwise, you should vote “No” given, of course, that you’ve seen at least a few of the member's posts and strongly believe that there has been no such positive contribution.

In order to pass this voting process, the total number of "yes" votes must exceed the total number of "no" votes by at least two (2) votes . Further to that, if the number of "yes" votes does not exceed the number of "no" votes by at least three (3) votes, then the pass/fail outcome of the poll remains at the full discretion of the administrator running the poll. The administrator may inspect the applicant's profile and/or consider any other relevant information to determine the outcome of the poll.

Please Vote:
    The results of these polls will strongly affect the final decision about the Design Team application in question. Therefore, we stress the following:

a. Voting is vital – If you’re not already on the Design Team, then chances are that you too may be voted upon at some point. Please extend the courtesy of voting to others, remembering that you would surely have them do the same for you!

b. We encourage all applicants to keep this voting system in mind at all times; not just before and during, but also after the application process – If your skills are enough to get you through the Design Team door, then we would certainly appreciate it if you could share some of those skills with the rest of the forum members. Be it in the form of an occasional critique or a bit of inspirational work, your contributions to DC will help make it a better place.
    Best of luck to all applicants, and thank you for voting!

Important:_______
    Please note that, while this voting process is vital to becoming a Design Team member, it does not serve to undermine the required skills that are presented in a designer's portfolio. One should not expect to enter the Design Team based on forum participation alone.
    note: the original thread was flooded with offtopic messages and it had to be closed, but if you are still interested you can find it here.

City, State
    San Antonio, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Coy View Post
    just an FYI it is not necessary or mandated that anyone has to participate in community contests.
    Sure it's nice to see more people partake in the community contests but it's not a requirement.
    Excellent point Coy. I guess I would just personally like to see some community contests participation to Gage how members follow project briefs. As an elite they will be following briefs in every contest. As it stands now, the member in question well deserves a Yes vote. I am just making a personal request of them before I cast said vote.

@ Everyone: Please don't let my above take sway your votes any. I encourage everyone to do their own research & make an informed decision.

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

City, State
    Roma, Italia

I wish to clarify, if possible. Also, thank you sharie for starting the poll.

First of all, interesting point. I respect your point of view, I could have partecipated more into community contests discussions and such. I must admit I did not pay much attention to every single subforum, I often focus more into art discussions and general topics. I often spend my time making non-paid projects, just for fun work, whenever my time allows me. Of course partecipating now just because of this discussion would be a bit forced, so I'll let it up to you to choose whether you prefer to vote yes or no. I'll pay more attention to that section now on.

Thanks for your time and votes, regards.

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

No worries Silver it's not a requirement. Just let your posts and presence speak for them selves.

Thread Information