• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

I know that when a contest ends it get a status of being closed. Well I noticed some people asking about some past contest and what is the status on the contest. And sometimes the contest holder doesn't like the designs and just ask for a refund. Well can there be a way that if a CH ask for a refund or if the contest ends for some reason that we get a notification thru email or a private message in our profile. And then get marked on the contest list as being refunded, CH closed or something that lets the designer know so they don't have to try to find the contest to see what has happen to the contest.

What do you guys think of this idea?

#2 Javed

Javed

Banned

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yes... very well said Squewheet , I am very much agree with you, its a good way to know about the status of contest.
Like the idea of a private massage.... :)

#3 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Thanks, this is new to me, CH can ask for refund?

#4 santossystems

santossystems

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

I think it's unfair. CH already saw the designs. Moreover it would just be a method wherein they'll join other contests on another portal and get the designs from here. No loss for them if they can refund.

#5 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

I got 10 times Notification Of Contest for Lizard Creek Tavern winning massage, some of the contest came late notification.

#6 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

@ Squewheet~ Hopefully this will be implemented. I agree, there does need to be some type of notification so designers don't have to wonder what happened or keep checking back on a contest that has either been abandoned or refunded. I'm guessing DC will appreciate too as I'm sure they keep getting numerous tickets turned in on the same contest from several designers checking on the status. A simple email sent out to all designers (or all that participated in the contest) would be good.

There have been several contests that have been abandoned or refunded lately, which is just unbelievable since the CH prepaid for the contest and received tons of great designs from around the world within hours! I would challenge some of those contest holders to take their requests to a local design agency to see what they would get. They would wait weeks to receive 3-5-10 options (at max) for 5 times (or more!) the amount of money they are spending on DC! And revisions could cost even more. Where else could they receive around 200 logos to choose from for around $200? What a bargain!

#7 MarM

MarM

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Too many technical glitches in this website..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users