&nsbp;

#1 cobalt

cobalt

• Designer
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hi ,
just a few points that can be improved I think :

about the "what did the customer say" in the portfolio, I don't know if there's a max length but when it's too long it gets cut ...

I Also think we need to be careful with plagiarism , especially concept copy of the leading design. During contest , I really encourage current leader to report all copies.
because concept copy IS a copy and kind of ruin the contest fairness.

And then, the comments , it's not that bad , but I think lot of the new designers do these copy and comments mistakes ...

despite all of this, DC is still a nice place to design !! :-)

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

We are growing and sometimes the comments slip by. as far as concept copy....this all depends on the contest and if the concept is unique to the contest. LEts say you need a logo for a car company there will be many designs with cars so cars will not be unique but....if for this same contest you use a pine tree for this car company that is unique and no one else will be allowed to use that idea/concept. If there will always be certain types of symbolic images for certain types of logo categories just because a designer might be the first one to use a car in the design for a car company logo doesn't mean you have the only right to use that common element but refer back to the tree and yes that idea/concept would be yours and no one else should be allowed to use for that contest

We always, always appreciate any and all designs that reported. we look at and review each entry that has been reported.

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users