comments ?
first time coding, any tips/help is appreciated

#2 psygn

psygn

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:20 AM

The text slides off the layout in my Opera browser, but it looks nice other than that. Good for a personal hobby portfolio, but if you want business you should probably tuck away the sig stuff and add a Logo and Template showoff section. Looks nice, but a bit empty on the front page. :) I like the playful type on the site, too.

#3 Guest_atsyx_*

Guest_atsyx_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:56 AM

I think the LeBron Chosen One movie poster is pretty sick! Excellent job dude :)

#4 DreamSky

DreamSky

• Designer
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:32 AM

Hi,
I already gave my opinion about the design in your other thread. I like the lights you have added to the buttons and About Me section.
Now, about the website, I know you said you are new to coding but it lacks some interactivity to me (rollover effects, etc.)...

I hope the Updates and News section the way it looks now is temporarily there? It doesn't fit the design...

#5 vince_86

vince_86

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

Yes, this is just a beta version as in I am learning in coding. A 2nd version (which I will actually update often) will be created soon.

#6 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

Good template to begin. You can easily recreate this fully with pure CSS and achieve even greater visual presentation. This will also correct the main issues your site has; positioning inconsistency, load time, and text clarity.

I recommend keeping the "Signatures" and "Others" template the same as your "Large Pieces". Having the objects enclosed in the gray box gives it more presentation. If you can, make all your portfolio icons/examples have transparent backgrounds so they dont clash.

On the Contact page, I recommend establishing a form system, as opposed to just displaying your email. This achieves 2 things; it looks more professional and it saves them time. In addition, do not list set prices. This makes you look unprofessional and cheap. Only establish your charge once you know all of the work that will go into each individual project.

If you would like references to accomplishing any of what i mentioned above just send me a pm.

#7 vince_86

vince_86

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

Good template to begin. You can easily recreate this fully with pure CSS and achieve even greater visual presentation. This will also correct the main issues your site has; positioning inconsistency, load time, and text clarity.

I recommend keeping the "Signatures" and "Others" template the same as your "Large Pieces". Having the objects enclosed in the gray box gives it more presentation. If you can, make all your portfolio icons/examples have transparent backgrounds so they dont clash.

On the Contact page, I recommend establishing a form system, as opposed to just displaying your email. This achieves 2 things; it looks more professional and it saves them time. In addition, do not list set prices. This makes you look unprofessional and cheap. Only establish your charge once you know all of the work that will go into each individual project.

If you would like references to accomplishing any of what i mentioned above just send me a pm.

OK, thanks for the help, I'm really a beginner at web design, so I really appreciate it, I'll PM you when I'll need help coding.
I will, as previously stated, re-build a completely new (and improved) website, with better coding and designing.
Thanks for the comments, I will definitely listen to them for my next web design project.

#8 Logo2Die4

Logo2Die4

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:04 AM

Hi,

For some reason the large pieces section, the images are scattered about. I think the background colors wash-out your images. Maybe since you do mostly sports, try using the team colors but in matted tones (not the bright primary tones) to enhance the images.

#9 suh00ail00

suh00ail00

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:40 AM

nice work but one thing i can help you is that you are using sliced images i guess from photoshop ... ! the images are too big you might wanna make the pattern as a background it will load much faster ;)
http://www.suhails.com/ - In Creativity We Trust â„¢
http://www.suhails.com/blog/ - Official graphic design Blog
http://www.getyourreview.com - Online Review and previews for Nintendo DS and PSP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users