• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 asassat2

asassat2

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hey everyone, i just finished my portfolio page and was wondering if i could get some comments and constructive criticism to help me improve on it, or if u just like it alot let me know also. Thanks so much .
it is
www.as-designs.org

Hope you like!

~Adam
www.as-designs.org - Check it out.

#2 mklickman

mklickman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

Hey Adam,

Here's a few suggestions for making your logo designs stronger:
  • Work with your text more, I see a lot of familiar typefaces. Don't be afraid to mix things up a bit either, a lot of logos contain multiple fonts.
  • Simpler is better. The trends have shifted towards designs with little to no embellishments (serif fonts, graphics with intricate lines, etc.), and few colors.
  • Try to stay away from Photoshop effects like gradients and drop shadows; those kinds of things aren't very transportable to black-and-white or single-color versions.
  • Use less primary colors; try experimenting with as many different color combinations as possible. Try visiting Adobe's color mixing site for some inspiration.
I hope some of these suggestions have helped. You're off to a good start, just keep doing as much work as you can. If you need some inspiration, or if you just want to get a feel for some popular, check out LogoPond - I'm amazed every time I visit. Keep up the good work!

#3 Logo2Die4

Logo2Die4

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

Hi,

I agree with most of what mklickman had to say, but I do want to add that you should also provide some kind of bio about who you are as a designer.

#4 suh00ail00

suh00ail00

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:46 AM

i would say a its a great start ! you might want to create a cooler logo.. or it could be just plain text like mine and please remove the shadows kind of... it might turn out good
http://www.suhails.com/ - In Creativity We Trust â„¢
http://www.suhails.com/blog/ - Official graphic design Blog
http://www.getyourreview.com - Online Review and previews for Nintendo DS and PSP

#5 agplonski

agplonski

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:13 AM

i dont know if this happened for anyone else but when i went to press on anything on the site it never showed a hand that showed somthing was there but if it didnt happen to any1 else, your site really good
Knowledge is power

#6 asassat2

asassat2

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

Thanks guys!! keep it coming!! :-D

#7 Guest_atsyx_*

Guest_atsyx_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

IMO, simple but professional straight forward looking. Just add your personal background to your page and it's golden. Your graphic design works are really really good btw :)

#8 asassat2

asassat2

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:15 AM

IMO, simple but professional straight forward looking. Just add your personal background to your page and it's golden. Your graphic design works are really really good btw :)

Thank you atsyx! Graphic design is my baby. I am still learning alot of vectoring, but photoshop is where i spend most of my time. Thank you for the comments. I am looking for a suitable background, but cant find one that fits.

On a different note. People are saying that my logo for my site AS Designs is not up to par. If you agree with that, would you please give me a little more detail as in what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks everyone!

#9 Guest_atsyx_*

Guest_atsyx_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:37 AM

I think it's already good bro, about the logo thing i think what they are telling you is that you should just always let the logo stand on it's own (without the extra effect i.e. drop shadow, flashy font face), IMO the texts ("Welcome To" & "Designs") are just a little bit animated and it kinda bit offsets your focal point which is your main logo :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users