&nsbp;

#1 Lerain

Lerain

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

Hey everyone! :)

I registered here a couple of months ago and never really got the time to get into it. Now I finally do and I'd like to introduce myself by presenting you my new portfolio page. It's my first real portfolio and I actually launched it yesterday, so beware the fresh paint on the wall... ;)

http://www.lerain.de

I'm really looking forward to some comments.

Cheers,
Lerain

#2 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:31 AM

Smooth design, original in places, for me atleast.
Not strict, but clean enough coding.
Just one tip: add more attention to cross-browser compatibility, i see a small glitch in main page with last two categories, browsing it with ff2

Anyway, looks professional enough. Keep it up! :)
"Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

looks good but I think the prices you have looks kind of low. You should look better how much hours you work on them normally and also look at how much other designers ask for.

#4 Lerain

Lerain

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

Hi Chung & Maxson, thanks for your replies :)

Yea crossbrowser-coding gave me some headaches there. I think I've been experimenting too much without cleaning up the code every once in a while; I should have probably re-started from scratch at some point. Anyways, thanks for the advice Maxson - I'll try to fix that as soon as possible.

About the prices - yea I was not really sure about them indeed, which is why I made that "fixed" and "orientational" price-separation in case of websites with alot pages, long promo videos, booklets with many pages, and so on... Adjusting them to an adequate level is a matter of experience I suppose.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

#5 blazehd

blazehd

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

Looks really good. I like the splatter brushes you chose as well as the color change idea on the left for each page. The only thing I don't like is the empty white space on the right hand side for wider resolutions.

#6 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

I also like the color change on each page and dislike the white space to the right of the screen. I find the vertical links on your Collection of Work page difficult to read, too. Overall, I think it's a great website.

You also have spelled the word "amount" wrong on your Contact page. :)

"I did this separation because the ammount of work for some projects . . ."

#7 Lerain

Lerain

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:32 PM

Fixed the typo, thanks alot :)

The white space on the right was the very last thing I worked on. I didn't really want to just expand the gray bars of the top header and the footer. The white space in between always looked like something was missing. If the site had a dark background it would've been a different story. I felt a little frustrated at some point because I didn't find THE solution and I was like... screw this - lets just cut it off; in the truest sense of the word ;) But his is definitely something I'm gonna think about again.

#8 magle

magle

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

Just love you coporate id for MegaCeram. Looks fanstastic.

#9 lipovskoi

lipovskoi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

Great that you wrote a pricelist, some people forget that the portfolios are mainly made for clients which want to know more about the profile of the designer and the terms and conditions under which the designer works. Good informative portfolio, good work!

#10 Lerain

Lerain

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

Just one tip: add more attention to cross-browser compatibility, i see a small glitch in main page with last two categories, browsing it with ff2

I finally fixed these bugs. I was/am using FF3 and didn't expect any major changes in the way the browser interprets the CSS (in comparison to FF2), which is why I didn't notice the problems with FF2 :/

Thanks again for the notice! :)

/edit: and I added a new/old project, linked on the main-page.

#11 barsa

barsa

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:39 AM

very nice website.
the website is very beautiful and unique design.

#12 JNT86

JNT86

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:15 AM

great site, one of the better ones on here. i like all the hand painted details, and the subtle color scheme changes.

#13 Pilar_Robledo

Pilar_Robledo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:30 AM

Nice site! if you want visit my site www.abanicocreativo.com.ar
Many details fail to arrange for example the porrtfolio

bye!

#14 Fusemin

Fusemin

Banned

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

I personally love the design, very clean and simple. Yet it has a creative touch. Maybe add a couple of images of the works you have done on the main page to give it a bit of spark? Other than that very well done.

#15 Lerain

Lerain

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:55 AM

Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

Yeah, I actually love the portfolios where you can scroll through the entire collection of work on one page, but on the other hand I wanted to add text to most of the projects and hence I went for the extra 'work' section.

#16 gfabian

gfabian

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

I would have liked different transition on the buttons (main menu) it is a bit weird that it disappears.

#17 Pilar_Robledo

Pilar_Robledo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:26 PM

thanks a lot for your comments!
I am going to bear it in mind to improve

#18 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

There were comments on the actual site, to which I agree mostly.

From the portfolio, I loved the typo book. The concept, and also the execution. Really good work on this one ! I think the Waterfalls logo could be better. I actually liked some of the concepts in the sketches more than the actual final logo. But I understand you are still learning, so I think you'll improve in this aspect. Again, loved the typo book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users