Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    City, State
    London, England for now.

One of the best logos in da world!

Couple of generations of art students in Poland had learned basics of graphic design through this logo.its a logo of a ex -communist Oil Industry Central(CPN) - well they supplied fuel to every single fuel station in Poland during communism.Pure Old School!

What are Yours favourite logos?
    Last edited by strato; 01-23-2009 at 08:01 PM.

City, State
    Rotterdam

That is sad cause I read CNP and not CPN. The letter order is not correct to what the logo is saying.

Best logo in the world for me gotta be Nike, the logo does not even represent the word but everyone knows it is nike just seeing the swoosh. And probably the cheapest, simplest and best logo there is.

City, State
    London, England for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chung Dha View Post
    That is sad cause I read CNP and not CPN. The letter order is not correct to what the logo is saying.

Best logo in the world for me gotta be Nike, the logo does not even represent the word but everyone knows it is nike just seeing the swoosh. And probably the cheapest, simplest and best logo there is.
    Well it depends how You look at this ,sometimes first You see "N", sometimes C and P'.In this case I don't think letter order is important.
    Nike is so cool because of it's simplicity, but we know it's Nike because of global position of the company and it's marketing not because it visually describes "Nike" as the goddess .
    Apple is there at the top aswell...

Regards

City, State
    Rotterdam

The N stand between the C and the P that why everyone who see if for the first time will still see CNP. They need switch the N and the P it would be more correct.

I think Nike the best cause Nike is also the very first original of the company. Apple logo have been change several times. First version was so bad, that it was a illustration than a logo.

City, State
    Montreal Canada

best logo ever made

City, State
    Rotterdam

How about this?

City, State
    Montreal Canada

pfff nowhere near this

City, State
    London, England for now.

C'mon fellas, I was being serious
    but then...You've got to love that institute of oriental studies logo...hyhy.
    p.s. Chung thanks for a thorough research.sterling job!!

City, State
    Rotterdam

At least this one is intended.

City, State
    London, England for now.

At least this one is intended.
    This one is definitely intended
    What's the OGC ?

City, State
    London, England for now.

Quote Originally Posted by brian_lsf View Post
    pfff nowhere near this

Yeah, that London Olympics logo was a disaster! You propably heard that they had to take it off the Air because the flashy animations were causing people heart attacks!

City, State
    Montreal Canada

The OGC is the 14,000 logo designed for the uk Office of Government Commerce and everybody knows about the 400,000 london 2012 logo..

Apparently it costs lots of money to design logos with hidden meanings that only the ones who picked the logo cannot see.

City, State
    Sherwood Park, Alberta

wow! 14,000 for the OGC?!

clever and naughty.
    LOGOWORX

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.

City, State
    Rotterdam

This big money are from design pitches it's very hard to get into that group unless your design firm is famous. The only select the most known companies to enter. Also cause of they want it in a contest form they need to make the prices high to attract them to enter otherwise if they money is very little they could earn more when they just work for their normal clients.

Also their are some pitches there are bit unfair like the dutch goverment paid 60.000 euro for a logo which they already have and paid Studio Dunbar 2nd time for the same logo.
    Last edited by Chung Dha; 01-25-2009 at 10:52 AM.

City, State
    Now in Canada,Toronto

haha OGC nice one )
    400.000 pounds for olympic logo......
    Make this one logo and enjoy your life (living hippie) !

P.S. but easier to buy a lottery )

Guru

PEPSI logo is the best - it's controversial. The company knows how to get attention even for the worst

B.T.Klemensowsk

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe."

Someone showed that to me once, i think it was from david carsons website. Anyway my point is that with a brand such as the only oil company in a whole country you know right away what the letters are by the symbol. The letters of that logo form an abstract shape at first so your associating the shape with the brand not the actual letters. Your example of nike and the swoosh proves my point. You dont need to read out nike (to know the brand) just see the swoosh to know what brand your looking at. So in the case with the commie oil company you dont need to read the letters to know what you talking about. I think its a cool logo but for sure not the best.

City, State
    Texas

Thanks for starting the post. I don't think it's the best logo in the world but I did enjoy seeing the OGC posted and the original logo for Apple.

B.T.Klemensowsk

i dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by geek View Post
    PEPSI logo is the best - it's controversial. The company knows how to get attention even for the worst
    What is controversial about it? It was a simple yin yang shape before they messed it up and made it all abstract looking.

City, State
    London, England for now.

This is briliant!
    Guys, I didn't say this is the best logo- I said it's "One"of the best, and that's my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information