• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 onesummer

onesummer

Guru

• Designer
  • 804 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

Being that this site seems pretty "International", I thought I'd ask if anyone has any advice / suggestions as far what we should see when we come to Europe at the end of next week. We're staying with a friend in Barcelona, but plan to also travel to Madrid, San Sebastian (spelling?), Paris, Venice, Florence, and Rome. We only have about 2 weeks and already plan on going one day to the primavera sound festival in Barcelona to hear smashing pumpkins and the white stripes concert. Obviously we will hit up some of the main sites, though I'm more interested in seeing the culture of each town rather than being a typical tourist. For instance, I want to wake up real early when we stay in Paris and go down to a main area and go to a cafe and watch the town " wake up/come alive" so to speak. So if you have any advice or suggestions for our travels, it'd be greatly appreciated!
- onesummer (paul)

visit my portfolio website at: www.pauljobson.com

#2 bunker

bunker

Banned

• Banned
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

I’m late to tell what I did in Europe, I been a year ago in the same places you just been, I hope you had great experience, it was really amazing for me!!!
Then we can share some pictures to!
what place you liked more?

• Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

I live in Toulouse, France - it is not really far from Barcelone, so if you decide to come here I could give you a tour around the city.

If you decide to stya in Spain, I would recommend to visit Bilbao. A very beautiful city, the capital of the Basque country. Its only underground line goes about 15 km out of the city all the way to the Atlantic ocean (there is a camping that I would recommend not far from the last station) . It is kind of far from Barcelone though.

#4 onesummer

onesummer

Guru

• Designer
  • 804 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

We packed in alot in two weeks. Paris and Rome were probably my favorites of the 6 cities we visited. I proposed and got engaged in Paris while we were there. i got tons of photos, I'll have to post a link to them later.
- onesummer (paul)

#5 bunker

bunker

Banned

• Banned
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:45 PM

Here you can find my photos; I’ll be waiting to see yours.
For me Barcelona was the best place I hope I go back there some time!!!

http://pachulin.spaces.live.com/

Enjoy!

• Guests

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:52 AM

looking forward to seeing your photos!

#7 onesummer

onesummer

Guru

• Designer
  • 804 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

my friend was actually living in barcelona, so we had a free place to stay while we were there. Barci was alright, though I did not think it was exceptionally special. We did get to see the Smashing Pumpkins and the White Stripes at the primavera festival though while we were there. my photos are up on http://www.flickr.co...tos/pauljobson/
- onesummer (paul)

#8 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

I'm going to rome september, been 3 times, love this city ....I'll post pics (and some old ones, last time there 6yrs ago!....too long, but its not fun flying w/lil kids, 13+ hours....(from California, virginia is closer:))

Its true what they say about the trevi...you always return:)
http://s172.photobuc...rrent=trevi.jpg

Barcelona, want to go, beautiful city (love Gaudi)....and pick up some custo barcelona shirts while your there;)

#9 Azam.biz

Azam.biz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, Barcelona, Rome and Toulouse are great cities.

You should check out London too on your European travels :)

#10 hackdesign

hackdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:28 AM

If you are on your way to Barcelona from Paris by train stop in Figures, Spain, about 12 hour ride, i dont know how far from barcelona, i went straight back to paris. Figures is where the Salvador Dali museum is, i spent 5 hours there, It was amazing, there is also a huge castle there, apparently i missed it, due to my dali obsession, but my brother went after i was there. Check it out

Being that this site seems pretty "International", I thought I'd ask if anyone has any advice / suggestions as far what we should see when we come to Europe at the end of next week. We're staying with a friend in Barcelona, but plan to also travel to Madrid, San Sebastian (spelling?), Paris, Venice, Florence, and Rome. We only have about 2 weeks and already plan on going one day to the primavera sound festival in Barcelona to hear smashing pumpkins and the white stripes concert. Obviously we will hit up some of the main sites, though I'm more interested in seeing the culture of each town rather than being a typical tourist. For instance, I want to wake up real early when we stay in Paris and go down to a main area and go to a cafe and watch the town " wake up/come alive" so to speak. So if you have any advice or suggestions for our travels, it'd be greatly appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users