• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

Posted Image

The story of Joe Conrad, who is awaiting the death penalty in a corrupt Central American prison. He is "purchased" by a wealthy television producer and taken to a desolate island where he must fight to the death against nine other condemned killers from all corners of the world, with freedom going to the sole survivor.

Director: Matthew O'Callaghan
Genre: Animation/Adventure/Family/Comedy
Storyline: Fictonal

Cast:
Steve Austin - Conrad
Vinnie Jones - McStarley
Robert Mammone - Breckel
Tory Mussett - Julie
Manu Bennett - Paco
Madeleine West - Sarah Cavanaugh
Rick Hoffman - "Goldy" Goldman
And More...

Personal Opinion:
This was very predicable, its a movie based on sole survival which has been done many times. But the Movie itself was very actiony, kept my attention through-out the movie, with no problem. The fighting scenes seemed a lil to choppy, and wobbly, and makes you a lil dizzy afterwards. I could see myself watching this again.

IMDB Rating: 6.0/10
Personal Rating: 5.0/10

Resources:
IMDB.com
Myself :)

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

Sound much like Battle Royal and instead of a big class of student, just 10 persons. Not really original storyline though. Probably just everyone die or one survive that you have not predicted. Always a twisted end to these kind of movie or very predictable the strongest and sickest person wins.

#3 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

Sound much like Battle Royal and instead of a big class of student, just 10 persons. Not really original storyline though. Probably just everyone die or one survive that you have not predicted. Always a twisted end to these kind of movie or very predictable the strongest and sickest person wins.

Yah i forgot to put that in my review about it being a close resembelance to battle royalty. But its realy alot more predictable then what you said, the person who is on the from of the DVD cover, is the one who wins in the end, well keeps his life at least. Its Just a alright action movie.

#4 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:22 PM

http://www.moviepost...in/34/MPW-17044

Ted, works as a guide at the Bloomsberry museum, sent on a 'business' trip of sorts by the museum's owner, to find a Zagawa shrine, he encounters a playfully mischievous and curious monkey...actually a chimp who he nicknames 'George' after the George Washinghton statue. His trip being less than a success, he returns stateside, only to find George wanting to return Ted's hat, has stowed away on-board Ted's boat. Back in the states Ted finds himself lumbered with George, who can't help but make Ted's life even more hectic than it already is.

Director: Matthew O'Callaghan
Genre: Animation/Adventure/Family/Comedy

Cast:
Frank Welker - George (voice)
Will Ferrell - Ted (voice)
Eugene Levy - Clovis (voice)
Dick Van Dyke - Mr. Bloomsberry (voice)
Drew Barrymore - Maggie (voice)
And More...

Personal Opinion:
As growing up watching the tv. series, i was at 1st hesitant about watching this since im kinda getting to old to watch a childrens movie, but i finally came to my senses, and began to watch it, it caught my attention and was fantasticy animated. i recommend this for adults and children of all ages. If you like good animation, with some comedy and family fun. Watch it! See for yourself.

IMDB Rating: 6.8/10
Personal Rating: 8.0/10

Resources:
IMDB.com
Myself :cool:

Anyone else, enjoy the movie as much as i did, or grow up with curious george?

#5 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

Posted Image

"Lord of War" is about a man named Yuri who in the early 80's decides that he doesn't want to just work in a restaurant for the rest of his life and decides that instead he wants to be an arms dealer. Once he makes his first sale, Yuri is hooked on the feeling of making big money for selling firearms, and continues to sell the firearms but he wants more and more of a profit and more and more of a challenge. It's not until an Interpol agent is hot on Yuri's case that he begins to question the nature of his business and whether what he is doing for a living is moral and if he should be responsible for the hands these weapons get into and what they are used for.

Director: Andrew Niccol
Genre: Crime / Drama

Cast:
Nicolas Cage - Yuri Orlov
Bridget Moynahan - Ava Fontaine Orlov
Jared Leto - Vitaly Orlov

Personal Opinion:
This is on movie that i can personally add to my favorites list. I can watch it month after month, year after year. and still enjoy it (even if i know the storyline by heart now). The storyline is a great, even though its fictional it seems as if there are people who do acually do this. Besides the dead giveaway on the car explosion that happenens halfway through the movie, its a great movie with a twist of story. If you enjoy a good long movie about guns, drugs, and a man who feels incomplete untill he's selling guns to anyone and everyone, and doing somthing illegal. Then this is probly a good movie for you. Story isnt very hard to follow through with.

IMDB Rating: 7.7/10
Personal Rating: 8.9/10

Resources:
IMDB.com
Irascian.com (Image)
Myself :p

Please tell me somone else enjoyed this movie as much as i do? Discuss?

#6 SteveOrM3L

SteveOrM3L

• Designer
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

"Amateur stunrman Rod Kimble has a problem, his stepfather Frank is a jerk. Frank picks on Rod, tosses him around like a rag doll in there weekly sparring sessions, and definitley doesnt respect him, much less his stunts. But when Frank falls ill, its up to Rod to stage the jump of his life in order to save his stepfather. He's Plan? Jump 15 Bus's, raise money, get Frank better...And Kick His A**!"

Director: Akiva Schaffer
Genre: Comedy
Storyline: Fictional

Cast:
Andy Samberg - Rod Kimble
Jorma Taccone - Kevin Powell
Bill Hader - Dave
Danny R. McBride - Rico
Isla Fisher - Denise
Sissy Spacek - Marie Powell
Ian McShane - Frank Powell
and More....

Personal Opinion:
Usually im not the one to recommend stupid humor, comedy. Its predicable, yet still funny, I saw the advertisment in the movie theatures, and decided that i acually must see it. I didnt find it hard to catch a few laugh at all. It Had its moments. Hot Rod Is a movie that is enjoyable with friends and family, and i recommend watching it with them the most. The More People, the more laughs i believe it will bring out.

IMDB Rating: 6.5/10
Personal Rating: 6.5/10

Resources:
IMDB.com
Hotrodmovie.com
Google For Image
Myself :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users