Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

Personaly im saving for the X300!

http://ptech.allthin...ndant-features/

#2 TommyGun96

TommyGun96

• Designer
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

That may differ from user to user. Personally I would use Apple´s one. Depends of the use you give it. Some people use Mac for working purposes only, or for security issues and so on.

Thank for the info by the way! :D

"It´s better to die for something ... than to live for nothing!" :cool:

#3 djanness

djanness

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:16 PM

That may differ from user to user. Personally I would use Apple´s one. Depends of the use you give it. Some people use Mac for working purposes only, or for security issues and so on.

Thank for the info by the way! :D

Question is it worth it for all the loss you get with the Air? the x300 has a complete rollcage design for security incase of a drop. and its got a cdrom. you have to remember one thing you can run tigerOS on the x300 and its got all the goodies that you need for a mac. lastly im talking bang for buck. the processor and hardware in the x300 surpass that of the mac. intel/IBM have a much better relationship than intel/Apple. whos going to get the goods? lastly IBM whens the last time you heard about IBM trying to slip into everyones coffey houses. never they are focused on the business minded individuals who need speed and security. almost every fortune 100 company uses IBM in conjunction with secure ID (witch dose not work with mac).

how i know i sound heated but we im trying to compaire the laptops. if mac is your flavor you cant hold a match to the x300 with the Air. you need to pin the x300 with a pro book. IBM just made better thinner... Apple's trying to make people carry more crap and sell you more crap.. they tryed to kill the floppy with the g4. good luck people still need floppys for low level work.
but now they are trying to kill the CD and make you do wifi network installs. the AIR is just a addon for your desktop and a really expencive one.. you cant even get good benchmark scores on.. why bother 4 grnd later you could buy a nice laptop mabye 2

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

Mac Air only thing that is impressive is it thinness nothing more. Everything is faster and better just not that thin.

#5 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

i don't get it...

you're going to sacrifice the performance of the unit just to have the lightest/thinnest notebook? sheesshh.... :(
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#6 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

If you want to have the thinnest go for a sheet of paper please...

It lack more performance but you can design well on that too with a pen or pencil.

#7 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:15 AM

and way cheaper....
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users