• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:26 AM

Ok, I am asking this of people that are young enough to vividly remember getting thier wisdom teeth pulled. My son has to do his surgically on Monday, and I was wondering if you all think he would be up to riding horses and spending the night at a ranch on Tuesday?
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#2 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:42 AM

hhmmmm, dependent on him...........if nothing causes pain, I really remember having mine 3 surgically(believe me, Vividly, and it SUCKED:(, literally, everything had to be 'SOUPED and sipped in a glass...will never forget pasta this way'...;)

the riding horse is that while there being pulled or after;):)

#3 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:22 AM

LMAO during Naw, they have to do it in the OR due to his sleep apnea. Ugh. I am going to try to change our "runaway" day :(
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#4 Cubo Magenta

Cubo Magenta

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

Definatly reschedule!!! I had fourbwisdom teeth removed at the same time...I remember the dentist stopping after the first two to ask me if he should go on with the next two and me tyhinking "f I get off of this chair now, I´m NEVER going to sit here again!" so he kept on going,.. .
It´s not so much about the pain, but about being alla swollen up and having to eat liquids and nothing more!
I hope he has a nice recovery and doesn´t hurt at all...

#5 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:25 AM

He will be under general anesthesia, with an oral surgeon....they tried it today with just an IV sedation, and it didn't work...so I know he won't "get out of the chair".

Thanks everyone!

#6 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:02 PM

I also went to an oral surgeon, had general anes........that in itself, requires at least a day to recover.......(my teeth came out 12years ago, and I STILL remember)

#7 aperio

aperio

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:29 AM

I also went to an oral surgeon, had general anes........that in itself, requires at least a day to recover.......(my teeth came out 12years ago, and I STILL remember)

Okay really i came to the forums for something completely different... but managed to stumble on this thread and felt morally obliged to post this one little tidbit in response to an earlier reply.

DO NOT... I repeat... DO NOT let him suck anything through a straw after having his wisdom teeth pulled... the last thing you want is for the poor little guy to get any type of dry socket from sucking anything.

I vote reschedule the outing - he's likely going to want to be in the comfort of his own home and soft mushy foods for several days afterwards.

And to those that didn't get knocked out for this procedure, I salute you - No way would I have ever wanted to have any concious memory of having mine yanked out. Frankly, i still swear there is a shoe imprint on my face from when the good doctor needed leverage to yank mine out... but i digress....

#8 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:52 AM

Frankly, i still swear there is a shoe imprint on my face from when the good doctor needed leverage to yank mine out... but i digress....

LOL that is funny!

Yes, we were able to reschedule the ranch day, and we got the surgery pushed through and okayed in 1 day......it has been a very stressful 2 days! Good thing I have most of next week off, so I can relax :)

#9 aperio

aperio

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

Excellent! Glad you were able to reschedule! I hope everything goes well for your son on Monday. :)

#10 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:12 AM

Good choice rescheduling. I remember having one of mine taken out (without knockout). They used what appeared to be a large flat-head screwdriver. My jaw was aching for a week afterwards, but I don't think it was the procedure as much as the person performing it. He jabbed his thumb into the soft spot under my chin/jaw (a little to the left). Under the anasthesia I didn't feel anything, but I realized after the procedure that this spot is extremely sensitive. Ah, the memories.:rolleyes:

#11 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

Just an update: He was in the OR for about 1/2 hour total...everything was fine.

He was pretty miserable last night, but today he seems fine. A bit tender, but fine in general.

Glad I changed the ranch date, but he is watching movies and eating ice cream...not a bad thing for your birthday (though not the coolest thing either).

#12 onesummer

onesummer

Guru

• Designer
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

when mine were pulled, i had 4 done at once. i was knocked out during it, so no biggie. they gave me pain pills too, which are great, but make sure he doesn't get to liking them 'too' much. after i had it done, i went home and played video games. biggest pain to me was making sure food did not get stuck in the holes until the holes heal up shut.
- onesummer (paul)

visit my portfolio website at: www.pauljobson.com

#13 Janana128

Janana128

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:49 AM

They had to put me under to take my wisdom teeth out. It only lasted 20 minutes.
My cheeks were a little poofy... but I went bowling with my friends the next night. Thank goodness for pain killers!! HAHA

I think the grossest part was going in the for the check up and having the holes squirted out. I remember all the food that was stuck in there.... eeewww.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users