&nsbp;

#1 mkorayt

mkorayt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

Hi,
Need some advice on my new logo.Any ideas are welcome.Alternatively thinking of a white background logo too...Site is about photo-trekking.Site name is Anatolian Traveller.

Check the logos at

http://www.anadolugezgini.com/logo.htm

Thanks...

#2 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:06 PM

I like the designs of them, but they have a few problems.

One, I would get rid of the fade on the letters because its hard to read, especially against a black backdrop.

Second, I wouldn't have the background be black unless your website background was black, and everyk stationary you are going to be puting it on is black mostly because printing costs would be higher on the large and small scale.

Third and final, Try more vibrant colors, even black and white versions and having the background white with just a stroke for a wire frame look around the logo.

I like the camera concept, the first and third one are my favorite. Maybe try a few different versions like I've suggested :D

I hope that helps!

#3 mkorayt

mkorayt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

Nicholas i loved the first one too...but you are right i have a color problem...and it's not just in the logo the whole site...I've got 22 mails complainin about the black bacground...Users hardly read the text(mostly because of uncalibrated monitors).

I want the site black..but black is hard to design.I am not a designer at all.So i am not sure if the site stays black or turn to white...

I really need some advice on colors to try with site.And i think that the logo colors must be a referance for the whole site.Can you advise me some colors to use,that will mak the logo more attractive??

You can check the site at :
Diary as index :
http://www.anadoluge...om/seyahatname/
Photo gallery :
http://www.anadolugezgini.com/album/
Forum pages:
http://www.anadolugezgini.com/forum/

I know i have to change the navigation buttons below the logo.And add some photo to the top of the page as background....

Completely stacked at the moment...can't make a decision.First problem is black or white ???

Thanks for your advice...

I like the designs of them, but they have a few problems.

One, I would get rid of the fade on the letters because its hard to read, especially against a black backdrop.

Second, I wouldn't have the background be black unless your website background was black, and everyk stationary you are going to be puting it on is black mostly because printing costs would be higher on the large and small scale.

Third and final, Try more vibrant colors, even black and white versions and having the background white with just a stroke for a wire frame look around the logo.

I like the camera concept, the first and third one are my favorite. Maybe try a few different versions like I've suggested :D

I hope that helps!

#4 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:56 PM

I really need some advice on colors to try with site.And i think that the logo colors must be a referance for the whole site.Can you advise me some colors to use,that will mak the logo more attractive??

The site looks good, the layout is clear.

I would make the text white if you have a black background - that greyish tone isn't doing any good at all.

With the color scheme of the whole site, don't use dark colors with a dark background. Just brighten everything up with the style sheet you use on the site.

And one thing is misleading on the site that is kind of a pet peve of mine, the search box. Either it doesn't do anything or it does. People will never know because there isn't anything above or around it saying "Search the site" ect...

So all in all... make the words white - the yellow an actual Yellow and the red an actual Red and brighten up your logo lettering. And a big thing is the "Borders" - all the lines and borders around everything - make them white so they serve their purpose of outlining your site.

I see that your logo is a hover over and stuff like that, so it's not an easy job editing all of that. Take your time doing it so you don't make any mistakes. Make the process fun because if you think it's going to be a drag, lol, it's going to be a drag to do!

Again, I hope this helps!

*EDIT* - Also I forgot to mention, your affiliates that are on the bottom of your page - well all of your pages... I srongly suggest that you have them in their own page and not on every single one. It would look more professional in my opinion :D

A fellow designer,
Nicholas

#5 mkorayt

mkorayt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for that great advice,will work on the black theme...just wondering how white borders will look...And the logo...I'll make it clear...Thanks for your time as i see that you really investigate the site...Will post the updated site soon.

#6 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:27 PM

I look forward to the updates lol and your welcome :D

It makes me feel good knowing that I can help some one!

#7 mkorayt

mkorayt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:00 PM

Hi,

I've just finished a new and simple logo set.First of all i love the black bacground but users don't so if this web page has to be user friendly i'm re-designing it with white bacground...I think i should go over classic theme of coppermine.

And the new logos are at :

www.anadolugezgini.com/logo2.htm

waiting for comments :) i love the first one but other design with blue colors are more suitable for the site consept and there is an affilate with a cute lizard logo too :(

Thanks...can't beleive i am still thinking about the site bacground.Just want to keep it simple so white is ok but i love the black bacground...forget it i am going with white...it will be more easy to design on it :)

So which logo looks better ;)

I look forward to the updates lol and your welcome :D

It makes me feel good knowing that I can help some one!

#8 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:34 AM

I love the lizard one :D awsome design! And I think you're right about the white background, it will give you more options I think in color choice and such. Maybe easier on the eye for most also being a white background.

It all depends though, but if alot of your viewers have a problem with the black background - deff. go with the white lol.

Yeah keep the updates comming - again, that first lizzard logo design is awsome!

The other ones you can use prolly for affiliate banners - if you scaled them down some. I say this because I seen alot of affiliates on your pages. Various affiliate designs is somethign I would concider also. Bearing YOUR logo somewhere on it though such as the lizzard instead of the ski people.

Just my opinion, if you have any other questions, DO ask! :D

Ciao,

Nicholas

#9 mkorayt

mkorayt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

This lizard thing is not completely my design it's adapted from a wall accessory made of metallic plate.I don't think it wil make a copyright problem.I've bought it form a street seller.

Absolutely the sign on the other logos are not ski people,is adapted from the hiking area sign :p

Thanks for your advice...

I love the lizard one too soo i will go with the lizard one .... will send the whole design when completed ... thanks ...

#10 mkorayt

mkorayt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:12 PM

Ok it's all done...check my site and new logo at

www.anadolugezgini.com

click "giris" for enter
intro is built with a free intro builder...just bring the items together...

ok now it's simple as users wanted and still looks good :) i have some minor changes in my mind,like photogallery menu items looks soo simple :p ok check it and tell me what you think...

Thanks for your help :)

#11 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:00 PM

I actually prolly wouldn't change anything really - the menu buttons simplicity makes it more streamline in my opinion. The new logos are awsome. Very well put together and alot easier on the eye now lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users